How to make an Ens Tincture in alchemy

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Extract from the book 'Real Alchemy' by Barlett, R.B: "The same materials are used as previously described for making the Seven Basics. The alcohol must be very strong, not less than 95%. In addition, one or two pounds of potassium carbonate will be needed, and a wide glass dish like those used for baking.

Potassium carbonate can be purchased from a chemical supply shop or you can also find it at a ceramics supply, often under the name of "pearl ash" for substantially less cost. In the old days, potassium carbonate was known as the Salt of Tartar.

If you like, you can collect potassium carbonate the old way by leaching it from wood ashes (especially oak wood, grape vine, and fern ash.) This will give you something to do with all those ashes you clean out of your fireplace or woodstove. Just scoop them out and place them into a large plastic bucket. Pour clean water over them (tap water is fine) stir and let settle. Pour off the clear liquid from the top, filter and evaporate the water. Be careful, because it is quite caustic and can burn the skin and seriously injure your eyes. It is like lye (in fact it is lye) and they used to make soap this way.

After the water evaporates you will have a crystalline mass that is more or less white.
You can set this in your broiler for a while to get it white. Let this crystalline material sit outside protected from dust and rain late in the evening till early morning several nights in a row and you will see that a large part of it will have turned into liquid by absorbing the moisture from the air. This is called Deliquescence.

Collect all of this liquid you can and evaporate the water from it in a clean dish. This will give you a crude potassium carbonate. You can calcine this, dissolve it in water, then recrystallize it several times to make it pure. This takes quite a bit of time and patience, but it is free and the end product can be used over and over again. Over time you can gather a fairly large amount of material which can be used for a number of different alchemical works and, in addition, gain some valuable experience in the manipulation of salts.

Spread the potassium carbonate in a thin layer inside a glass dish, no more than one quarter of an inch thick. Again, care should be taken to avoid exposure to the potassium carbonate in either its dry or liquefied state. So be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after handling to avoid any contamination, especially of your eyes which can be seriously damaged. The potassium carbonate is strong enough to etch the sides of the glass container used during this experiment so do not use anything you value. It will likely be destroyed.

Place the dish in an area where it will be exposed to the night air. As the potassium carbonate liquefies (becomes deliquescent) it absorbs the moisture carried in the air.

This moisture is said to be the vehicle of a Universal Fire or Vital Force which is most easily obtained in the spring and early summer months. We'll have much more to say about this later. Draw off the liquid as it accumulates into a clean container. This liquid is called the Oil of Tartar per Deliquiem.

When several ounces of liquid have been collected, you can begin the extraction procedure. It is best to filter the liquid through a ball of cotton or glass wool prior to use.
Paper filters absorb a lot of the liquid and tend to fall apart due to the corrosive nature of the fluid.
Place about two ounces of finely ground herb in a clean, dry jar and pour in the clear fluid you have collected and filtered. Beginning this operation when the planet ruling the herb is in a powerful position will assist you in your Work. Pour in enough fluid to cover the top of the herb until it becomes a fully liquefied mass. Also allow space for thorough shaking, and seal with a tight plastic lid.

Digest for a week or two with periodic shaking. The liquid will become darkly colored during this time. Carefully squeeze the mixture through a nylon stocking and place the liquid into a clean vessel. Remember to use gloves and eye protection for this.

Now pour in an equal amount of strong alcohol (at least 95%) and shake daily to insure the two liquids mix, as the lighter alcohol will float on top. If the two liquids do not separate, it means there was too much water in the herb or the alcohol. Slowly add solid dry potassium carbonate to absorb the excess water. If separation does not occur, you will have to start again.

The alcohol extract floating on top will be the Ens Tincture that will be removed after the digestion. The alcohol will become darkly tinted after a few days. After about two weeks (or longer) you can carefully draw off the alcohol tincture from the top of the Oil of Tartar / herb layer. Allow it to stand for a day or two then filter for use.

It is helpful to let it stand in a freezer during this time, so that any water containing dissolved potassium carbonate will tend to crystallize out more easily. You will want to get the best separation of the two liquids as possible. Remember to save the Oil of Tartar for future use. It can be dried, calcined and used again.

In general, five to ten drops of the Ens Tincture is taken in a glass of wine or water on the day ruled by the planet of the herb. It will have an effect on the subtle or astral body of the user, as well as enhanced medicinal qualities of the particular plant. Take note of both physical effects and how it affects your habitual thought and emotional patterns."

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Author is Robert Allen Bartlett oops, made a small typo.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Also remember, last step explained more clearly by another source. You have to make sure the final product is separate from the 'potassium carbonate' or oil of tartar:

"Pour in an equal amount of grain alcohol and shake daily to insure the two liquids mix as the lighter alcohol will float on top. This alcohol will be the Ens tincture that is removed after the fluid turns a dark reddish color. Remember! The “Oil of Tartar” is caustic and will be unpleasant if swallowed."

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Have you tried making any tinctures or doing other alchemy?

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Have you tried making any tinctures or doing other alchemy?
Yep, made a rosemary one with glycerin so far. On the hour and day of the sun mainly.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Something crucial, after the plant matter has been stepped in the oil of tartar (Potassium Carbonate) you absolutely must remove it before pouring in the alcohol. Woah, the ens tincture one seems among the most complicated out of all plant alchemy.

https://enteralchemy.wordpress.com/2014 ... -research/

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

-And that is after maceration, we had a discussion in the mainstream occult community about this formula. Its just not many know about or have tried it, its only just resurfaced and we're uncovering the details of how to properly do it.

Return to “Educational Material”