Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Bumping this

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Gypsy
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Changes daily
If I could be anything, I would be...: fae
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a secret ;)

For me the proof that spirit keeping is NOT slavery ,aside from and including the word of the obvious experts at CH, is the fact that my spirits are kind,loving,caring and protective to me as well as my family. If spirit keeping was slavery why in the world would my spirit friends,and yes they are my friends, want good things for me and help me as much as they do. No one would be kind to someone who is holding them against their will. What would be the purpose of that?

OtherworldlyLove
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Brute

Wonderfully explained thread. Thank you.

Ekenshin
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

It is a great thread i agree - though i did find a concerning spell in the CH free 100 book of spells which from the wording traps a spirit into slavery? Maybe i'm misinterpreting the words though i 100% don't believe any of spirits CH summon for us are enslaved.

"Conjure Creature

To me you are bound
I call you with the fires of Pantheon behind me!
Come to me the great (name of creature)
You are in everlasting tie to me! I am your master and you are my to govern!
"

Alag
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

My Keep are not slaves, and they are free to come and go as they please. Some of them have been with me since before I was born, and I shut them out as I got older, because in certain cultures this is perceived as evil. Once I opened myself to them, they were welcoming and forgiving. They are my Family, and guide me through the toughest of times. I apologize (many times) for turning my back on them, and the same response is given... "There is no need to."

Roses are red that may be true, but violets are purple, not really blue.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Ekenshin wrote: i did find a concerning spell in the CH free 100 book of spells which from the wording traps a spirit into slavery? Maybe i'm misinterpreting the words though i 100% don't believe any of spirits CH summon for us are enslaved.

"Conjure Creature

To me you are bound
I call you with the fires of Pantheon behind me!
Come to me the great (name of creature)
You are in everlasting tie to me! I am your master and you are my to govern!
"
Yes I have that book too. Interesting.

Going by what CH Admin posts elsewhere in this forum say plus what it says in the encyclopedia, I'm guessing that as the spirits concerned must agree to be bound (unless you're a particularly powerful and unscrupulous conjurer) the words of that spell just facilitate a clear 'binding' contract with spirit concerned. I get the impression some spirits like the flowery language too. The word 'call' is used - as opposed to say ' by my power I compel you' for example - so it's worded more like a invitation, or at most a demand.

I guess the 'everlasting tie' bit may involve a binding that survives beyond desth but again I think it needs the consent of the spirit to work.

Just my thoughts though.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Those spells are actually from a myriad of sources through multiple cultures and time periods, some translated from ancient and old texts, and were compiled into a single, free book around a decade (or so) ago.

There is no binding that actually works without a spirit's permission, unless you are talking about the realm of Black Arts (which we do not practice).

A spirit cannot lose their free will to choose to be "bound", and even then it's not that you are talking about a binding in the sense of a term of actually being bound, but an agreed upon connection/tether/channel between you and the spirit, in which the vessel (whether it's yourself, a gemstone, jewelry, etc) acts as the conduit for interaction and communication.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Someya
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Non
If I could be anything, I would be...: God most loved one
My magical/paranormal name...: Good heart

It might be slavery but the question here is are the spirits the slave or are you the slave to them

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I do remember that one of my earlier posts, upon finding this forum and encountering the concept of spirit keeping, was "What's in it for the spirits"? I can see tons of reasons why we would want to align ourselves with the spirits and their various talents and insights, but I wanted to be absolutely sure that this was a two-way deal before I was willing to get on board with keeping,

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Wiserdice
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 1
My super power would be...: Super speed

I myself don't even like the words "spirit keeping". To me, it implies objectification or something like that.

I feel like there are people for whom keeping spirits is like a competition, a sport. Not for everyone, of course, but let's be honest...what's the point in having over 8000 spirit companions? I don't know if that's actually true, but I'm sure it is not about developing meaningful relationships with other beings. Imagine, having 8000 human friends here. It is impossible to spend quality time with every one of them. So same goes for spirits.

I am absolutely happy with just my one otherwordly friend, and I treat him with the same respect I would treat a fellow human being here in this physical reality, if not more. lol

It is really a shame when people abuse these kind of relationships, thinking that oh, a spirit is not human, it is okay to treat them as lesser beings, so keep them as slaves because that is what they are good for! Unfortunately, I've seen videos where people talk like this... Gross.

"Remember all things are possible for those who believe. Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail. Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy".

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”