Yeli Orog - a FMV adventure horror game

Got a website? Post it here!
Yeli Orog
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male

For years I imagined making a completely FMV (full motion video) interactive story/puzzle game (think Myst but made entirely with videos). Last year I finally got around to figuring out how to make the game mechanics work, and little by little put together Yeli Orog. The game takes place in Asturias, Spain and was filmed in various locations there.
Yeli Orog is a FMV adventure game about an immense archaeological discovery: A bizarre stone tablet written in the Celtiberian language found buried underneath an ancient dolmen in northern Spain. The inscription written on the tablet tells a ghoulish tale believed to be the Celtiberian origin myth.

You play the role of Johnny Robin, an archaeologist sent to Asturias, Spain to assist in the recovery of Celtiberian remains. Upon arrival to Asturias you find yourself unexpectedly transported to an alien world, experiencing first-hand the terrifying story written on the ancient tablet.
If you are a fan of Myst-like games, paranormal stories, and FMV games, I think you will appreciate Yeli Orog. If you have any questions about the game let me know.

Here is the steam page, the game will be released on July 13th:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/886270/Yeli_Orog/

Here is the trailer:
https://vimeo.com/275920287

Some in-game screenshots:

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

This sounds interesting. :thumbup:

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Yeli Orog
new here
new here

WhimsicalSage wrote:This sounds interesting. :thumbup:
Thanks. I had been envisioning this game for years, i'm very excited to release it in two weeks.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Looks creepy as hell.

Are you going to be posting aside from advertising your game though, inquiring minds want to know ::poke::

Would be interesting to read your perspective and involvement in the paranormal, with what I am seeing in your game..

Yeli Orog
new here
new here

Noctua wrote:
Are you going to be posting aside from advertising your game though, inquiring minds want to know ::poke::
Yes, a bit. I have a thread waiting approval in the Herbs section.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Oo can you explain:
1. What Yeli Orog means and why you chose it as title?
2. What the glyphs found in the title are, since they look like old Chinese letters?
: )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Yeli Orog
new here
new here

darkwing dook wrote: What Yeli Orog means and why you chose it as title?
Its unknown what Yeli Orog means. It is the name of an ancient monster in the Celtiberian lore of the game, it comes from a time on Earth long forgotten.
What the glyphs found in the title are, since they look like old Chinese letters?
That is an archaic unknown language associated with Yeli Orog and his realm.

Yeli Orog
new here
new here

Return to “Website Showcase”