Amanita Muscaria

Which ones do you love to work with? Or, which ones do you have questions about?
Yeli Orog
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male

I've always been intrigued by this passage on the Amanita Muscaria wikipedia:
Professor Marija Gimbutienė, a renowned Lithuanian historian, reported to R. Gordon Wasson on the use of this mushroom in Lithuania. In remote areas of Lithuania Amanita muscaria has been consumed at wedding feasts, in which mushrooms were mixed with vodka. The professor also reported that the Lithuanians used to export A. muscaria to the Lapps in the Far North for use in shamanic rituals. The Lithuanian festivities are the only report that Wasson received of ingestion of fly agaric for religious use in Eastern Europe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria

Amanita Muscaria grows in many places in Europe, but most populations have no memory of how their ancestors used it. If anyone has found reference of other European peoples traditional use of Amanita Muscaria i'd be interested to hear.

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

I bought a couple ounces dried and all I got from it was a headache. A few years ago. Bouncing Bear Botanicals.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Amanita Muscaria grows quite abundantly where I live. I know it was used to kill flies in and other pests, that's where the name comes from.

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Fly agaric. They would chop it up and put it in a bowl with milk.

Return to “Herbs/Minerals/Oils”