In your opinion what are the entities or spirits from graveyards that people mistaken for actual vampires?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

So which ones and what would they be called? In old stories of vampire sightings or paranormal stories you hear about vampires that might haunt a graveyard, burial sight and etc.

Take for example this graveyard at around 1800s in Brisbane where they opened the grave of someone who was dead for 20 years, the person looked exactly as they were when living almost and they found fangs protruding from the body then quickly shut the coffin to rebury it.

At around night sometimes you can sight the 'vampire' who appears to people while smiling in a way that shows their 'fangs' if they do, and you get similar stories with Highgate cemetery in London. There were 'more' sightings of these beings in medieval times or the end of that.

In your opinion who are these entities or spirits which haunt graveyards (Sometimes of the dead) that people mistaken for actual vampires (Who CH says are their own type of living beings)?

Stevomag
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Concua
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Lamia are said to haunt graveyards and are similar to vampires.

Quilin
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 70
Your favorite spirit to work with: daemon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dwarf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Shadow

In the middle east there's all sorts of demons that suck blood/life force of the living. Lilitu, for example. Some like the Ekimmu are mentioned to be "alive" and hang out around graveyards and in among sick and/or homeless people. People mistakenly call these "Islamic vampires" or "Jewish vampires".

Banshees often hang out around burial grounds. Weeping women who warn someone is going to die. Now, if someone came home saying they saw a pretty woman in a graveyard then suddenly they are dead the next day doesn't that sound like a vampire?

Speaking of fae, there's plenty out there that aren't shy of tricking humans into thinking they're something else for their own personal gain. They hang out wherever they think they can find targets. Humans think vampires are cool and sexy and powerful, so pretending to be a vampire while chilling out by a graveyard is very possible. As a bonus (to the fae, not the humans) all the stuff the fae does will be blamed on a vampire. Anti-vampire measures will fail. The fae gets away with it!

I have noted quite a few spirits with fangs like to be mistaken for vampires. Same reason as the fae. Toss in people who think "psychic vampire" is more than just an entity/spirit that can drain energy and you get a super lose vampire definition that gets tossed around and abused all the time! Fake vampires seem a lot more common than real ones these days.
Last edited by Quilin on Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

There are no masters; only students who know more or less.

...plus various old friends who enjoy stopping by.

Return to “Dark Arts”