DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Guess thats why my keep,espeshaly from immortals like kali and athena,keep reiderating two things to me constently with diffrent wordings when they are more comferters then teachers.You need to liisten before they can teach and more importently let your heart mend before even trying the work to begin with.That portion menchend can be summed up in this song as well which seems like the same message as well when the song is couensidently called advice for young magicians https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yAS2TzJWoc.

blessed be

Str1x
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: NA
If I could be anything, I would be...: Succubus
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Strix
Zodiac:

Thank you so much for this, you wonderful human! <3

*bookmarked*

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

::bump::

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
surgeonsprincess
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 53
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human spirits
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
Zodiac:

Wow, Nycto, you sure know how to make us beginning spirit keepers feel 10x more like quitting and depressed than we already are. Just because you say its MENTAL and that it's all in your mind, doesn't mean that it can't be physical. Don't tell me there are people who don't see spirits with their eyes and hear them with their ears because there ARE people like that and I will do whatever the hell I can to be able to experience them with all my senses. That's what everyone is working toward. This isn't entirely in our minds. How the hell are we supposed to see or hear a spirit in our "mind" when we don't even know what they look like or sound like? What are we supposed to do? Make up a face or a body or a voice? That's so stupid. That's not how it works at all.

It might work for servitors ( and maybe that's what you're thinking of when you say its all in your minds eye ) but spirits and entities should be seen with your eyes, felt with your body and heard with your ears. Mediums are able to interact with spirits using all of their senses, not just their mind. So unless you're a medium, I wouldn't be talking like you know how all this works. If we want to see them, we will see them. We're NOT daydreaming our spirits or entities into existence here like an imaginary friend. We're interacting with them physically because they are real and if they are in fact real, we will be able to both hear and see them like anything else. Do you think people see with their brains? Do we hear with our brains? 8^|No.

Spirit Family: 3 Vampires, 1 Vampire/Incubus, 2 Incubi, 1 Gnome, 1 Leprechaun, 1 Unicorn, 1 Nympho, 28 Human spirits, 1 Phoenix, 1 Werewolf, 1 Merman, 1 Domovoi, 1 Fylgia, 4 servitors, 1 Arkan Sonney.

Living Entities: 2 Concuans, 1 Vorin, 1 Falwer-Niamstrum, 1 Courtwind Angel.
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

surgeonsprincess wrote:Wow, Nycto, you sure know how to make us beginning spirit keepers feel 10x more like quitting and depressed than we already are. Just because you say its MENTAL and that it's all in your mind, doesn't mean that it can't be physical. Don't tell me there are people who don't see spirits with their eyes and hear them with their ears because there ARE people like that and I will do whatever the hell I can to be able to experience them with all my senses. That's what everyone is working toward. This isn't entirely in our minds. How the hell are we supposed to see or hear a spirit in our "mind" when we don't even know what they look like or sound like? What are we supposed to do? Make up a face or a body or a voice? That's so stupid. That's not how it works at all.
Thing is, it IS entirely in your mind, the whole world and everything you experience.
Your senses, everything your eyes, your skin, your ears and whatnot produce is filtered and processed by the mind.

You don't even really see and hear everything that's really there. That's how stage magicians can trick you, because they know how your mind filters things out.
That is how optical illusions work because they trick your mind into showing you things that are not there.
All that you experience has already went through a lot of processing until it's actually in the end presented to you. There is even a small delay between what your eyes perceive and what you actually see.
Sure it's a sensation you perceive as physical but what you experience isn't the actual sensation, it's your minds processed interpretation of said sensation, your nerves are the only thing that are actually perceiving it as it is.

Here some links, Sadhguru is one of my favourites:
Where do you see me
Can you see yourself from outside
It's all within

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

surgeonsprincess wrote: It might work for servitors ( and maybe that's what you're thinking of when you say its all in your minds eye ) but spirits and entities should be seen with your eyes, felt with your body and heard with your ears. Mediums are able to interact with spirits using all of their senses, not just their mind. So unless you're a medium, I wouldn't be talking like you know how all this works. If we want to see them, we will see them. We're NOT daydreaming our spirits or entities into existence here like an imaginary friend. We're interacting with them physically because they are real and if they are in fact real, we will be able to both hear and see them like anything else. Do you think people see with their brains? Do we hear with our brains? 8^|No.
Even if you feel them as if they were physical, they are not physical. So you can't really feel them physically but it can feel LIKE they are physical.

Mediums also do not use their physical senses for all that but rather the clairient senses. Those are the senses of the subtle bodies not the ones of your physical body.

If spirits were physical, they couldn't walk through walls and stuff like that, they would be bound by the same physical limitations as we would be.

All you can do is train your senses to such a degree that you feel them, hear them and see them as if they were physically present, which they aren't because they exist on a different plane of existence.
And as I've stated in my previous post, the answer to the brain is yes.

You underestimate the power of your own mind and with that you give away said power, making yourself more powerless.

Also nobody said you were daydreaming. Just because stuff can be seen in your mind doesn't make it less real.
If you have a prescient dream that comes true afterwards, is that dream not real? According to you it would just be made up because it was just in your mind but then how could it have come true?

Also making up a body, face and voice is actually a thing. Even if it's not the real thing, it is something to connect to and it might correct itself over time, giving way to the real thing.

I've imagined light bodies for people I wanted to check out astrally and then I tried making out the details and that worked. The details came to light and I could tell them things I shouldn't have known about them.
It gives you something to focus on and then correct the details.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Rungr
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: other Deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr
Zodiac:

While personally I don’t view things as all in your head because it blurs the line between being capable of telling what’s real and what isn’t. I do find that it’s easier to grasp when you realize the sensations you feel is pretty much your mind conveying it the best way it can but the subconscious filter in place won’t always get everything. In energy work you normally try not to imagine so you can let whatever you experience come to you naturally rather than letting your imagination alter it but for some it works, so it’s understandable. It’s a slippery slope because even the imagination can convince you something is real or fake. It’s just up to the practitioner to work on discerning which in my opinion anything you can willingly change externally to you such as being’a appearance, will something to vanish etc. those little mental exercises help me a lot. However even servitors bad thoughtforms serve a valuable purpose with their “spirit” keeper

Meinkráka
Gammleið
Inn bundni áss
I am a Master of my own path.
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

surgeonsprincess wrote:Wow, Nycto, you sure know how to make us beginning spirit keepers feel 10x more like quitting and depressed than we already are. Just because you say its MENTAL and that it's all in your mind, doesn't mean that it can't be physical. Don't tell me there are people who don't see spirits with their eyes and hear them with their ears because there ARE people like that and I will do whatever the hell I can to be able to experience them with all my senses. That's what everyone is working toward. This isn't entirely in our minds. How the hell are we supposed to see or hear a spirit in our "mind" when we don't even know what they look like or sound like? What are we supposed to do? Make up a face or a body or a voice? That's so stupid. That's not how it works at all.

It might work for servitors ( and maybe that's what you're thinking of when you say its all in your minds eye ) but spirits and entities should be seen with your eyes, felt with your body and heard with your ears. Mediums are able to interact with spirits using all of their senses, not just their mind. So unless you're a medium, I wouldn't be talking like you know how all this works. If we want to see them, we will see them. We're NOT daydreaming our spirits or entities into existence here like an imaginary friend. We're interacting with them physically because they are real and if they are in fact real, we will be able to both hear and see them like anything else. Do you think people see with their brains? Do we hear with our brains? 8^|No.
Good luck. This is unrealistic expectation. Maybe some day you might become able to see or hear what others cannot, with physical senses but that is extremely rare and unlikely if you were not born with the ability. However, it starts with developing your clairs, and yes that means working to interact with other realms and entities with your third eye, which (at last in my experience this far) is translated and filtered through, yep, you guessed it, your mind.

Last I checked your brain interprets your senses, so yep, that's exactly what people do.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote: Thing is, it IS entirely in your mind, the whole world and everything you experience.
Your senses, everything your eyes, your skin, your ears and whatnot produce is filtered and processed by the mind.
Aprophis wrote:Even if you feel them as if they were physical, they are not physical. So you can't really feel them physically but it can feel LIKE they are physical.

Mediums also do not use their physical senses for all that but rather the clairient senses. Those are the senses of the subtle bodies not the ones of your physical body.

If spirits were physical, they couldn't walk through walls and stuff like that, they would be bound by the same physical limitations as we would be.

All you can do is train your senses to such a degree that you feel them, hear them and see them as if they were physically present, which they aren't because they exist on a different plane of existence.
And as I've stated in my previous post, the answer to the brain is yes.

You underestimate the power of your own mind and with that you give away said power, making yourself more powerless.
Aprophis wrote:Also making up a body, face and voice is actually a thing. Even if it's not the real thing, it is something to connect to and it might correct itself over time, giving way to the real thing.

I've imagined light bodies for people I wanted to check out astrally and then I tried making out the details and that worked. The details came to light and I could tell them things I shouldn't have known about them.
It gives you something to focus on and then correct the details.
Regholdain wrote:Good luck. This is unrealistic expectation. Maybe some day you might become able to see or hear what others cannot, with physical senses but that is extremely rare and unlikely if you were not born with the ability. However, it starts with developing your clairs, and yes that means working to interact with other realms and entities with your third eye, which (at last in my experience this far) is translated and filtered through, yep, you guessed it, your mind.

Last I checked your brain interprets your senses, so yep, that's exactly what people do.
All of this^ is absolutely true, both in the scientific sense of how perception works and in having been borne out by the experiences of many of the people on this forum. Many of us have used a technique similar to what Aprophis describes it wherein we "fake it till we make it" to varying extents in terms of perception, and it's repeated throughout multiple threads.

Additionally, NyctophiliaRaven has, over the course of seven years and 5,003 posts, demonstrated extensively their growth, abilities, experiences and expertise. As a group, we are profoundly fortunate to have benefited from their willingness to share their experiences--both good and bad. This thread, particular, is exceedingly valuable to those of us who have not reached the place NR has. Make no mistake, NR has been through a lot in the process of getting to where they are.

This is also an inappropriate and antisocial level of sarcasm to direct out of nowhere.

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Hi. I get that you're disappointed with what I'm teaching here. However, if you want to get technical, I am a type of medium. This is not TV. This is real life. Yes, people do, actually, hear and see with their brains. Signals go in, brain translates (throwing out a lot of stuff in the process), and voila: sights and sounds.

There ARE people who experience the Sight as a physical reality. However they are VERY rare, and rather than cause the far more vast majority to strive for something that they will never have (because it's like having green eyes, or being able to sing on key) I thought it better to teach people how to use abilities that they DO have - abilities that EVERYONE has and can work with to grow at.

If you have an issue with something someone is teaching, then that person is clearly not the teacher for you. Rather than ranting at them as if they're the failure, you might just consider... moving on to someone who DOES speak to you. 8.)

However, if you really want to work on the physical experiencing of psychic abilities and you're still interesting in reading my work on this subject, may I direct your attention to this thread: post748552.html

Be well.
-Raven

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series

Return to “Educational Material”