Genius Loci...info needed!

Discussion of creatures starting with letters A-J.
Wenona
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 165
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Wenona
Zodiac:

Looking for info about Genius Loci...there's nothing in the encyclopaedia and only vague references come up in the forum search so if anyone as any information about Genius Loci please help me out here!

I am now off to search the work wide web!

Wenona <3
jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 150
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Rainbow Walker
Zodiac:

Genius loci is basically a local 'spirit' guardian of a particular place. It could be, depending on the place, an elf, fae, faun, dryad, nymph, etc. They are generally living entities but it could also be the spirit of an animal that lived there. They live between a parallel dimension and our own, which is how they stay hidden, they are generally not seen but can make themselves felt.

They aren't the sort of spirit you'd have bound, they belong to the area they live in. There can be many or few as well depending on the area. If you're lucky you can see them in nature if you're quiet & look closely. One friend who lives in the mountains near me says she sees them almost every day when she's sitting outside having her morning coffee. She is very spiritually developed, she sees spirits, she is a healer and a teacher so it's not surprising that she sees them. When seen, they are often like the sparkles you see in the trees or grass from a distance, you don't usually see them close up. Sometimes, if you live on the edge of nature, you might even see them in your yard if you're lucky.

When I used to live in the mountains, about 12 years ago, my ex & I took our son for a bushwalk along a ridge just behind a local school & seminary. We were warned away by the genius loci, they did not want people walking through their bush, it was bad enough that the catholic church had built a church, 2 schools and a seminary on their land and they did not want more humans tramping along through what was left of the bush. The atmosphere along the bush track became more opressive the further out we walked, when we passed where the fire trail joined the path from a side ridge, my son & I started to feel quite sick as well, so we turned back and the closer we got to the car, the better we felt. There was no unpleasant smells to make us feel ill, just bush scents of eucalypts and bush flowers. Unfortunately - or fortunately for the genius loci - a year ago there were severe bushfires along that ridge and either side and so many houses were burnt down as well as most of the bush on the ridge. It's been blocked off now, so the bush has a chance to regererate.

~ Jane

:pirate2: :pirate2: PROUD TO BE A PIRATE :pirate2: :pirate2:
Wenona
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Thank you so much Jellybean.

The reason i ask is i came across this listing in the store...
http://shop.creepyhollows.com/product.p ... ctid=13059

Based on the info in the listing and where the listing is placed in the store i am guessing these are WA spirits that are being conjured and bound to protect the place they go to (keepers home).
It says they can take on any form but there's no mention of what type of spirit it is.

If anyone else can add to this listing with regards the Genius Loci being offered in that listing above, i'd appreciate it...does anyone have one?

Wenona <3
jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

You're welcome Wenona.

I didn't realise there was a listing, I haven't had much time to browse the store lately! I guess that CH considers them to be WA because the link to the associations for this listing directs you to an Anka which is an Arabian bird and WA (not sure if that's a mistake or not); but to my way of thinking Genius Loci are Grey/DA. They are Earthen realm entities and in my beliefs all Earthen realm entities are consideted to be Grey/DA because they have a choice and sometimes it's hard to know whether they have harmed someone when protecting their place.  

Hopefully some others will share what they can.

~ Jane

jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

You're welcome Wenona.

I didn't realise there was a listing, I haven't had much time to browse the store lately! I guess that CH considers them to be WA because the link to the associations for this listing directs you to an Anka which is an Arabian bird and WA (not sure if that's a mistake or not); but to my way of thinking Genius Loci are Grey/DA. They are Earthen realm entities and in my beliefs all Earthen realm entities are consideted to be Grey/DA because they have a choice and sometimes it's hard to know whether they have harmed someone when protecting their place.  

Hopefully some others will share what they can.

~ Jane

Wenona
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Yeah I hope more folk can help with this, I've sent a ticket in also to see if I can get something more specific regarding the listing CH has but I would love to here from anyone that has one.

Thanks for your help Jellybean :)

Wenona <3
Wenona
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Info re the CH listing just sent to me in response to the ticket i put in about the Genius Loci...questions i asked and answers CH gave.

1. Spirit or living entity?...Spirit
2. What type of spirit/living entity?...They would be most likened to a Spirit Guide
3. WA or DA?...White Arts
4. Do they only protect the home their keeper?...Yes, the home of their Keeper
5. What are their associations?...I will have to request an Encyclopedia article for this
6. Do they require treats?...Will also have to request this information for you

Adding this for anyone else wanting to know.

Wenona <3
phnxlvr87
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nymphos
If I could be anything, I would be...: Woodland Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Bump

Was anyone able to get any more information? I'm also interested in this listing.

luctor et emergo

Image image by Corey Ford

2 Phoenix, 3 Elves, 5 Fae, 5 Dragons, 2 Psy Vampires, 3 Nymphos, 2 Gargoyles, 2 Gregori. 1 each: Duojna, Fylgia, Volkh, Amphisbaenia, Caladrius, Aesclepius, Gryphon, Gnome, Dosojin, Galen, Sylvan, Freya, Thor, Aphrodite, Shaman, Boobrie, Cambion, Astral Djinn, Fortuna, mystery spirit.
Wenona
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Apart from from what's in the listing for them and the info already in this thread the only other thing i have learned is that they are best left at home as they are protectors of a place and the place they are going to be protecting is your home, they also protect everything and everyone in the property.

Still hoping for more info from the members here so thanks for bumping this.

Wenona <3
shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Reviving this thread since I seem to be yanked toward getting a custom conjure of one (probably plural actually) of these beings soon. So anyone have any experiences and/or info to add?

Return to “Creatures A-J”