An Unusual Experience

Do you want to share an amazing dream? Or would you like to have a dream interpreted? Share it!
HorizonSignal
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 5
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

To you who may have read my outburst on live chat this morning: you have my apologies.

I've now returned to a somewhat more.. level-headed state of mind and feel like reflecting on/discussing what happened rather than just shouting it to the wind.

I've been keeping a dream journal and practicing lucid dreaming tech for several months now, with a years-long tail of more half-hearted, intermittent lucid attempts before that. I'd describe the typical character/tone of my dreams these days to be either a) mundane first-person slice-of-life experiences I'm 'participating' in or b) cinematic, metaphorical experiences that are being 'shown' to me. Neither tend to have very much emotional charge to them; I journal down what I remember and don't think much beyond "Huh, there's <familiar theme> again." I'm often lucid enough in SoL's to play around with dream powers (I seem to enjoy flying/climbing quite a lot), but they still aren't terribly impactful. Until this morning.
Dream scene:
I wake up, lying in bed. The room is spacious, with clean white walls and enormous windows letting in natural light. A young woman ~my age I don't recognize is standing at the foot of the bed, looking at me, smiling, waiting. I'm rather confused by this scene, no 'dream backstory' seems to have been loaded into my memory. I emote my curiosity/confusion, and the story unfolds: I'm suffering amnesia as a consequence of some kind of brain surgery, and she is someone who cares for and loves me very much. She tells me this as if it was a well-practiced speech; like it had happened before. The love pouring off her is tangible; I cannot recall ever feeling anything like that. She calls others into the room, now that I've 'woken:' More young ladies, faces that I almost recognize, file in. They're all smiling, loving, expecting something: suddenly the dream recall clicks into place. I call them as people I had known growing up, and they are delighted that I remember them. They call in more people, my brother and sister and other family, male friends I've had before, and everyone dog-piles me in an enormous group hug.

I wake up for real, overwhelmed with love and joy. I almost start crying. I spend my morning meditation trying to burn the image and feeling into memory, and manage to refrain from waking up the whole house to hug them and tell them how wonderful life is; they would not have appreciated it at such an early hour.. I drift through my morning routine, feeling like a plucked harpstring, vibrating with the intensity of it. I do eventually calm down, but not before embarrassing myself on livechat and checking my email to see that coincidentally (or perhaps not?), my first-time spirit binding had been completed and was now in shipping.

For the first few hours of my day I couldn't even remember what depression felt like. The gloom had lifted and I felt full of sunshine instead. I broke into spontaneous laughter as I listened to music to match the tone, to keep it going, to stretch it out as long as I could.
If this had been the result of a physical drug, I would be VERY much hooked right now...

And now I've had to attend to my normal day's business, walked around in the sun and sat on the bus, and I feel almost sane enough to try and figure out what the heck happened. I just hope my councilor doesn't think I've completely lost my marbles (couldn't help telling her about it, either..)

I eagerly await your thoughts.

Nil
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this

Positivity is positivity. Be it real or not real it is still positivity. As long as you don't go the path of no return I guess a little bit of positivity will not do much harm. Just make sure you enjoy your moment and don't freak out the other people around you :X Have fun with your new family member and let us hope she is the reason for the outburst of positivity :P

HorizonSignal
neophyte
neophyte

Man, I'm not sure I would've called it a LITTLE positivity, in that moment. I was sky high >.< I have managed to float back down to earth in the past day or so, luckily for me and my neighbors.
I think it was the product of some sort of emotional blockage getting cleared, as I've also now had some not-quite-so-nice suppressed stuff churned up into the light of awareness as well.

Nil
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this

Joke: Tie your foot to the table!

Not so joke: Maybe you should start doing some grounding work and meditation work to harness the positivity and keep them in check :X

HorizonSignal
neophyte
neophyte

Yep. Luckily I am already in the habit a little; 15 minutes each morning. It definitely helped. Im not sure where I would have ended up otherwise .... More grounding exercises probably wouldn't hurt either, incase something similar happens again.

Return to “Dreams/Dream Interpretation”