Sphinx? (Egyptian or Grecian) any input?

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sidhe
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sidhe
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I was wondering, does anyone have anything to say about these beings? I found the article on them and have been curious since. So anyone have anything to share?

Here is the article by the way

http://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index. ... artlang=en

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I've dealt with the grecian, egyptian and also babylonian sphinxes. The make of each is a bit different, but there is also a unified power of the Sphinx as an archetype.

In short summary-- With grecian sphinxes I find more of a focal point to be the gate guardianship & gnostic power through their riddlesome nature, they are fearsome and somewhat dark but can also be chatty and quirky.
With egyptian sphinxes I have found a tendency toward mystic power of initiation, wisdom of the magickal flame of the pyramids, a more regal and serious vibe.
With the babylonian sphinxes, they are on the darker side among the three, ancient power & energy with magick, a stress upon the chimeric energy (merging beast and human essences), while also being protective/having warrior inclinations.

However any sphinx can somewhat vary between those qualities, and the power of the Sphinx as an archetype is generally one of the highest mystical wisdom; portal bearers, holding key & entrance to a variety of strange mysteries. An awesome, prolific guardian of a divine scale.
Sphinxes tend to have a spiritual regality that lends them to be perfect mercurial beings, allowing intensified communion between the material & other realms, or esoterica hidden among the material plane.

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte

Wow. Amazing info Noc, now I have much to ruminate on. I did not even know about Babylonian sphinxes. Much gratitude for the speedy and amazingly insightful reply.

shiningshadow33
neophyte
neophyte

How is that you manage to remind me of the wonder of the world? You make me feel small, in a really beneficial way, you’re awesome Noc.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

You flatter me so. It is just as true that without your good taste in these particular beings I'd have had no reason to post. The Sphinx is a rather unduly underrated being, that is for sure.

Return to “Dark Arts”