venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hi Everyone,

This is a bit long, but please bear with me - I could use some advice.

As some of you may have seen from my previous posts I just chose to become a spirit keeper this past July, and have had my first spirit (a succubus) for about a month and a half now. She has been a wonderful companion, very active, and has slowly but surely been helping me work on my third eye and teaching me about sensing and manipulating energy. She's been a wonderful companion.

At the same time that I placed that order in July I experienced a dream that I believe was a vision. In that dream I believe I was visited by a Sapphire Dragon and shown strong evidence of my spirit animal being an octopus. While bonding with the succubus spirit I studied the CH Encyclopedia and meditated on the vision.

I came to the conclusion that I wanted to see if the sapphire dragon would come help me in my journey, and so I tasked my succubus *I* to find her and tell her my intent and to see if she would come and be open to that. One day I experienced a manifestation in my living room of a bright green orb that appeared and disappeared right in front of me. *I* told me "She's here" and after some telepathic trial and error it became clear to me she would like to be bonded and help me.

So long story short (too late) I placed an order for a custom conjure sapphire dragon and an oceanid (half-octopus). I felt the Oceanid spirit would help connect me to my spirit animal.

In the process of receiving these two new spirits I also received some BOGO spirits, and I asked for two reverse adoptions. I was surprised by an Air Dragon and a Gorgon. Oddly enough, both elemental dragons and gorgons had piqued my interest from the Encyclopedia, but I was not ready yet to outright have them conjured yet.

I welcomed them all home last week. I want to bond deeply with each of them so I asked them to help me determine who to bond with first. Surprise surprise, the answer came to be the Gorgon. I still invite all of them every day to spend the day with me, but the Gorgon is my focus for the current bonding period. The Oceanid is incredibly quiet so I am not certain what my relationship with her is like yet. The Air Dragon is boisterous and cheerful, and I've noticed several manifestations in clouds that appear to be dragons, and the traffic on my commute has been at least 5-10 minutes swifter than normal for the entire week. He says it's because he's awesome like that. LOL

The point of all of this... (sorry for the wall of text) is here's where I need some advice. My experiences with the Gorgon have been odd. She's been very quiet, but I have had some telepathic conversations with her. In one of our first conversations she said she wanted to help protect me and challenged my keeping a succubus, but I think she was testing me to see if I would allow her to manipulate me into distrusting *I*. I told her not happening, I care for *I* and trust her implicitly. She seemed amused and perhaps satisfied.

She seems otherwise aloof and refuses to show herself or clarify her appearance (I usually receive mental images of the spirits - even the Oceanid has revealed a reddish blur in my mind, although she also is very mysterious on this front). In one telepathic conversation I asked her about the features of gorgons in ancient legend as compared to more recent mythology and she said they were all correct "to an extent", and gave me the impression she was not going to reveal anything to "taint my impression" of her.

As opposed to my bonding period with *I* the Gorgon has been very quiet. Yesterday when I went home I had the urge to tell her I don't know what happened in her previous home or why she was an SRA, whether the situation was good or bad, but that I would treat her with kindness and love and that I absolutely appreciated her. I felt a wave of emotion that almost brought me to tears for several minutes (not good while driving! LOL) - deep sadness mixed with relief, as if I really touched on a truth. I told her I don't need to hear the story, and she can tell me if she wants when she's ready, but that I would absolutely give her a loving home - I expect nothing and want nothing from her but companionship. She thanked me telepathically and I turned on some music and said it was time to be happy.

Well... she's very quiet again today... and here's the problem I'm having. I am very used to interactions with *I* - the Succubus is usually very active with physical manifestations and my mind easily receives the images of herself that she projects (even though they change from time to time I always know it's her). While the Sapphire Dragon is observant and quiet I easily know she's there, and I can't help but to know the Air Dragon's presence.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out why it's so... difficult... to get close to the Gorgon. It's only been 5 days, so honestly it's not that bad. Yet she seems so different than the others that I am perplexed why she seems so distant and they are so obvious. I guess the Oceanid is very quiet too, but my impression of her is that she is waiting patiently in the background.

Do any of you have a Gorgon or any advice that would help encourage interaction from one? Or even some help with Reverse Adoptions joining the home and encouraging their interaction in the new environment? I did not expect to work with a Gorgon, and I'm a little baffled how to move forward. I want her to know how much I appreciate that she has come to be a part of my journey.

Another thought - could it be I just have a very hard time connecting to her lower energy? *I* is my first spirit and a DA, but honestly she's very light in comparison. And I do experience a similar distance from the Oceanid. Maybe I'm just not as attuned to DA as I thought when I started out?

I welcome any of your thoughts on these questions! Thanks for reading, and sorry for being so long-winded!

Reg

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mm is it RA or SRA? Because they're different.

Have you used the recommended treats or associations mentioned in encyclopedia when connecting with the gorgon?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Regholdain wrote:Hi Everyone,

This is a bit long, but please bear with me - I could use some advice.

As some of you may have seen from my previous posts I just chose to become a spirit keeper this past July, and have had my first spirit (a succubus) for about a month and a half now. She has been a wonderful companion, very active, and has slowly but surely been helping me work on my third eye and teaching me about sensing and manipulating energy. She's been a wonderful companion.

At the same time that I placed that order in July I experienced a dream that I believe was a vision. In that dream I believe I was visited by a Sapphire Dragon and shown strong evidence of my spirit animal being an octopus. While bonding with the succubus spirit I studied the CH Encyclopedia and meditated on the vision.

I came to the conclusion that I wanted to see if the sapphire dragon would come help me in my journey, and so I tasked my succubus *I* to find her and tell her my intent and to see if she would come and be open to that. One day I experienced a manifestation in my living room of a bright green orb that appeared and disappeared right in front of me. *I* told me "She's here" and after some telepathic trial and error it became clear to me she would like to be bonded and help me.

So long story short (too late) I placed an order for a custom conjure sapphire dragon and an oceanid (half-octopus). I felt the Oceanid spirit would help connect me to my spirit animal.

In the process of receiving these two new spirits I also received some BOGO spirits, and I asked for two reverse adoptions. I was surprised by an Air Dragon and a Gorgon. Oddly enough, both elemental dragons and gorgons had piqued my interest from the Encyclopedia, but I was not ready yet to outright have them conjured yet.

I welcomed them all home last week. I want to bond deeply with each of them so I asked them to help me determine who to bond with first. Surprise surprise, the answer came to be the Gorgon. I still invite all of them every day to spend the day with me, but the Gorgon is my focus for the current bonding period. The Oceanid is incredibly quiet so I am not certain what my relationship with her is like yet. The Air Dragon is boisterous and cheerful, and I've noticed several manifestations in clouds that appear to be dragons, and the traffic on my commute has been at least 5-10 minutes swifter than normal for the entire week. He says it's because he's awesome like that. LOL

The point of all of this... (sorry for the wall of text) is here's where I need some advice. My experiences with the Gorgon have been odd. She's been very quiet, but I have had some telepathic conversations with her. In one of our first conversations she said she wanted to help protect me and challenged my keeping a succubus, but I think she was testing me to see if I would allow her to manipulate me into distrusting *I*. I told her not happening, I care for *I* and trust her implicitly. She seemed amused and perhaps satisfied.

She seems otherwise aloof and refuses to show herself or clarify her appearance (I usually receive mental images of the spirits - even the Oceanid has revealed a reddish blur in my mind, although she also is very mysterious on this front). In one telepathic conversation I asked her about the features of gorgons in ancient legend as compared to more recent mythology and she said they were all correct "to an extent", and gave me the impression she was not going to reveal anything to "taint my impression" of her.

As opposed to my bonding period with *I* the Gorgon has been very quiet. Yesterday when I went home I had the urge to tell her I don't know what happened in her previous home or why she was an SRA, whether the situation was good or bad, but that I would treat her with kindness and love and that I absolutely appreciated her. I felt a wave of emotion that almost brought me to tears for several minutes (not good while driving! LOL) - deep sadness mixed with relief, as if I really touched on a truth. I told her I don't need to hear the story, and she can tell me if she wants when she's ready, but that I would absolutely give her a loving home - I expect nothing and want nothing from her but companionship. She thanked me telepathically and I turned on some music and said it was time to be happy.

Well... she's very quiet again today... and here's the problem I'm having. I am very used to interactions with *I* - the Succubus is usually very active with physical manifestations and my mind easily receives the images of herself that she projects (even though they change from time to time I always know it's her). While the Sapphire Dragon is observant and quiet I easily know she's there, and I can't help but to know the Air Dragon's presence.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out why it's so... difficult... to get close to the Gorgon. It's only been 5 days, so honestly it's not that bad. Yet she seems so different than the others that I am perplexed why she seems so distant and they are so obvious. I guess the Oceanid is very quiet too, but my impression of her is that she is waiting patiently in the background.

Do any of you have a Gorgon or any advice that would help encourage interaction from one? Or even some help with Reverse Adoptions joining the home and encouraging their interaction in the new environment? I did not expect to work with a Gorgon, and I'm a little baffled how to move forward. I want her to know how much I appreciate that she has come to be a part of my journey.

Another thought - could it be I just have a very hard time connecting to her lower energy? *I* is my first spirit and a DA, but honestly she's very light in comparison. And I do experience a similar distance from the Oceanid. Maybe I'm just not as attuned to DA as I thought when I started out?

I welcome any of your thoughts on these questions! Thanks for reading, and sorry for being so long-winded!

Reg
Congratulation to have a new keep .

I would say that 5 days in not enough to get closer to someone. Maybe it is indeed the low energy she has that make the connection difficult (you need to adapt to her) or the fact that connecting is a long road.

You already told her that you would love her with all your might , that you will offer her a loving home. The reaction was that she was touched and that you cry . (It is her hapiness she express through you i think ; my spirit dragon A do the same).

So time will help and

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

darkwing dook wrote:Mm is it RA or SRA? Because they're different.

Have you used the recommended treats or associations mentioned in encyclopedia when connecting with the gorgon?
Hi Darkwing - Both are very good points. I double-checked my order and I requested the BOGO spirits as RA for sure. I had the impression she was in a previous home, but maybe that was my own misinterpretation of the emotions I felt.

I did offer her part of an egg one day... but otherwise I'm afraid I currently can only offer very limited offerings related to the gorgon associations. The closest I have come (other than the egg) was offering a lit green candle that also happened to be scented, but not musk scented. Otherwise the only store near me that I can gather herbs or fragrance oils have a far more limited selection than they used to, so I can only offer what I hope she will enjoy as a substitute.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Hi Nienna,

Thanks, I agree, more time will certainly help. I've had some other interesting conversations with her since my original post. I'm going to make a new topic on some of that, just because the questions I want to pose aren't exactly related to just gorgon spirits.

I believe she came to me while I was snoozing this morning. Between alarms I was lightly dreaming and I had some dreams where there were snake entities talking to me and moving around me. I had the distinct impressions of diplomacy, helpfulness, and kindness, although I cannot remember anything specific about the dreams or the conversations. I'm taking it as a good sign.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

If it was from BOGO, it's supposed to be reverse adoption, not spirit rescue adoption, regardless whether the spirit had previous keeper or not. SRA requires you to fill application first to see the eligibility to support the spirits who had bad experience with previous keepers.

Mm maybe these articles can help:
http://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index. ... artlang=en
http://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index. ... artlang=en

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

Return to “Spirit Keeping”