'Energy' Remnants of the Roman Empire among its descendant civilisations

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Has anybody noticed this or just me? But I feel as if there are many what I might call 'energy remnants' of the Roman Empire, and especially in the foundation of all its descendant nations along with their colonies. All descent nations also have some kind of common similar temperament or attitude in several ways and more that can all be traced back to that civilisation/culture.

Despite its fall along time ago there is still a sense of 'pride' and nostalgia for it, especially during the days of the British Empire which was an 'achievement' by a descendant civilisation of Rome. Alot of effort was made to imitate it and its harsh 'utilitarian' or arguably sometimes more 'cold' ways of life, of which have seeped to influence some of how our society runs today. Spirituality and the ways it was practiced was well integrated with this utilitarian sense too as a positive or grey area such as the Via Sacra fire rite which was supposed to protect the empire's astral/spiritual aspect. The notion of sacrificing what is often considered right by many, in the name of what is perceived as 'maximum efficiency' still stands to a degree.

It doesn't seem to be as strongly expressed in places like Northern Europe and other areas that were isolated from the influence of it. But at the same time other places or human civilisations with ancient traces left behind from ancient civilisations have a similar case. Just maybe less 'cosmopolitan'.

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I don't know about the energy, but I have noticed that you can get a pretty good idea of how strong the Roman Empire was in a particular area by how Latinized the language is

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Wanted to make a correction, this was the ceremony performed to safeguard and for maintenance of the spiritual/astral aspects of the empire: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_fire_of_Vesta

Dreamerunknown
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret

You seem to be fascinated by the roman empire...

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

WolfKnight wrote:Has anybody noticed this or just me? But I feel as if there are many what I might call 'energy remnants' of the Roman Empire, and especially in the foundation of all its descendant nations along with their colonies. All descent nations also have some kind of common similar temperament or attitude in several ways and more that can all be traced back to that civilisation/culture.

Despite its fall along time ago there is still a sense of 'pride' and nostalgia for it, especially during the days of the British Empire which was an 'achievement' by a descendant civilisation of Rome. Alot of effort was made to imitate it and its harsh 'utilitarian' or arguably sometimes more 'cold' ways of life, of which have seeped to influence some of how our society runs today. Spirituality and the ways it was practiced was well integrated with this utilitarian sense too as a positive or grey area such as the Via Sacra fire rite which was supposed to protect the empire's astral/spiritual aspect. The notion of sacrificing what is often considered right by many, in the name of what is perceived as 'maximum efficiency' still stands to a degree.

It doesn't seem to be as strongly expressed in places like Northern Europe and other areas that were isolated from the influence of it. But at the same time other places or human civilisations with ancient traces left behind from ancient civilisations have a similar case. Just maybe less 'cosmopolitan'.
I would not say Northern Europe was isolated from Roman influence. There was trade and other connections.And when Roman empire was divided, Byzantine emperors had Varangians (who were Vikings) as elite bodyguards, many northern people also served as mercenaries for Rome.

Return to “Haunted & Spirited Archeology”