Demon Keeping Experiences

Your Opinion on Demon Keeping

Never!
23%
Maybe.
9%
Only under certain conditions.
10%
I've thought about it, but haven't done it.
12%
I have/had a demon, and I had a bad experience.
1%
I have/had a demon, and I had a good experience.
30%
I want to get a demon someday.
16%

Total votes: 164

wolves
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male

Re: Demon Keeping Experiences

Postby wolves » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:24 am

SeaWitch wrote:
SeaWitch wrote:It's something I have considered, but ultimately, I don't think demons are for me.

Oh, how things have changed...I have a demon now, no regrets. 1ey

Once you have one... you will never go back...

Once you pop... you never stop...

Never try one... dont say never :X wuahahahahah... join the dark side :X

Opelia Rendon
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 75
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: A mage!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby Opelia Rendon » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:08 am

Aurora Magick wrote:
ash-mda wrote:IT'S NOT CUT & DRY AT ALL. THERE'S GROUPS IN THE WORLD WHO WOULD CLASSIFY A GARGOYLE AS A "DEMON". HOW DEMONIC ARE WE TALKING? ARE WE TALKING SOMETHING LIKE A BUKAVAC? OR MORE LIKE A CHUPACABRA? WHAT TYPE/RACE/KIND OF DEMON ARE WE DISCUSSING?

Well, this question is better posed to the site as a whole.
It really is better suited for its own thread though, than here in my opinion.

I have no interest in working with demons. They are not a field I study. However this thread is something the others on the subject are not, objective and a record of personal experiences with a poll people can answer anonymously.
I merely made it as a place where someone could look to get an idea of what's what without having to dig through 10+ threads and read a lot of unrelated discussion.

There are tons of questions for me still remaining demons... ranks and species... types... if all demons are BA or if some range to DA or even GA perhaps... These aren't things I can answer.

To Aurora Magick:

Quite a bit has changed since this post yes? I'll be frank, I will probably work with a demon one day, I understand that not all are bad and I would like to get my first one from you one day. If this isn't a too personal question, what changed since this post to now? From a logical stand point I mean.

WhimsicalSage
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby WhimsicalSage » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:20 am

It is worrying to see so many people throwing caution to the window.

I have no idea what people believe they keep but demons are not meant to be DA. Demons are only BA. I don't now what people keep in their collection but i don't think it's very ethical to keep or sell beings that you don't know what they truly are.

Real Demons are inpatient, quick to judge, always lieing and find weaknesses quickly. However this underplays what a demon assault is truly like....

Please bare in mind also that the left hands path and the dark arts has nothing to do with demons.
The left hand path is about choice, freewill and in many cases it is about freedom for desire. It is about self love and to some people it may be about sin and decadence but in a self love context.

Formerly known as Jumbo/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
"Destiny awaits us all." - The ghosts and technically me

MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: DA & BA
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demoness
My magical/paranormal name...: Derya

Postby MidnightMusings » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:31 pm

WhimsicalSage wrote:It is worrying to see so many people throwing caution to the window.

I have no idea what people believe they keep but demons are not meant to be DA. Demons are only BA. I don't now what people keep in their collection but i don't think it's very ethical to keep or sell beings that you don't know what they truly are.

Real Demons are inpatient, quick to judge, always lieing and find weaknesses quickly. However this underplays what a demon assault is truly like....

Please bare in mind also that the left hands path and the dark arts has nothing to do with demons.
The left hand path is about choice, freewill and in many cases it is about freedom for desire. It is about self love and to some people it may be about sin and decadence but in a self love context.

I guess everyone has their own opinion on this, since there are a lot reputable practitioners who say demons can be DA and others again who say there's only BA. There are so many demons out there, if you count in the universes and dimensions, that as far as I can see it is actually impossible to put clear labels on them. Which is also just our way to classify the beings we work with, they won't always exactly act like their classification. They are not bound to kill or destroy what crosses their path, if they might even like to or prefer it this way. But the most important is their attitude toward the human companion and the human companion being of a strong mind and able to assert themselves, knowing what they are getting into. If they don't, they'll eventually learn out of it.

People make experiences, each experience is different. This is, however, only my way of thinking.

Return to “Black Arts”