I can't concentrate

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
Umaredzuki
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Hi Guys
I'm a little new to this so I wanted to ask for advice:
Whenever I try to meditate and do all that get comfortable find a quiet place, etc... but after that I'm having a problem, after like 15 minutes or so I start to feel all the blood pumping through my body and it's so annoying that I can't concentrate, so my question is:
Somebody of you know how to deal with it?
Thanks for the help.

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

L-arginine on an empty stomach. Say 2 to 3 grams. Proteins compete for absorption with amino acids, so you especially want to avoid taking them with food or drink (like milk) that has protein. L-arginine increases nitric oxide which relaxes blood vessels and lowers pressure in them. Dark chocolate every day also makes your arteries more flexible. L-theanine is an amino acid from green tea which helps to give you more alpha brainwaves. But mostly, it is just something you will have to get used to. Fighting it will only make this phase last longer. Whenever anything unusual comes up it is best just to watch with detached curiosity, like a scientist studying a research subject. It is because you are becoming annoyed that your mind latches on with such intensity.

Umaredzuki
new here
new here
Zodiac:

So I get to drink tea eat dark chocolate and meditate?! I love this
Thank you I honestly don't know that much about Biology of any kind, so for me everything you said(write) was very interesting.

Nil
neophyte
neophyte

Inedible wrote:L-arginine on an empty stomach. Say 2 to 3 grams. Proteins compete for absorption with amino acids, so you especially want to avoid taking them with food or drink (like milk) that has protein. L-arginine increases nitric oxide which relaxes blood vessels and lowers pressure in them. Dark chocolate every day also makes your arteries more flexible. L-theanine is an amino acid from green tea which helps to give you more alpha brainwaves. But mostly, it is just something you will have to get used to. Fighting it will only make this phase last longer. Whenever anything unusual comes up it is best just to watch with detached curiosity, like a scientist studying a research subject. It is because you are becoming annoyed that your mind latches on with such intensity.
Wth? are you reading properly coz i do not see any connection whatsoever you said with what he asked. *reads again*.... still do not see a connection. He is asking about blood rushing all over the body after 15 minutes of meditation. You are talking about supplements that "could" relaxes blood vessels and lowers pressure in them? First of all, he stated its 15 minutes into meditation. Not "all" the times so food is definitely not going to do anything like that and even if he did "eat" before doing meditation, he should just stop it and it should go away :X I am not even sure he eats what you mentioned, L-arginine and dark chocolates and the sorts. So, did you eat anything weird or have any weird supplements or drinking any beverages that "might" trigger that reaction? And second of all, do you know why such reactions occur? Medical conditions? You have any medical conditions like gastric problems? And last question, does it go away after some time? And have you tried ignoring it and bringing back your wandering mind back to whatever you are focusing?

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Inedible wrote:L-arginine on an empty stomach. Say 2 to 3 grams. Proteins compete for absorption with amino acids, so you especially want to avoid taking them with food or drink (like milk) that has protein. L-arginine increases nitric oxide which relaxes blood vessels and lowers pressure in them. Dark chocolate every day also makes your arteries more flexible. L-theanine is an amino acid from green tea which helps to give you more alpha brainwaves. But mostly, it is just something you will have to get used to. Fighting it will only make this phase last longer. Whenever anything unusual comes up it is best just to watch with detached curiosity, like a scientist studying a research subject. It is because you are becoming annoyed that your mind latches on with such intensity.
Inedible: The info you gave sounded like a medical subscription.

To OP: I somewhat doubt that the ingredients Inedible gave would hurt you, I'd try a little bit of it to see what would happen.

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

High blood pressure runs in my family. So I have had the same problem. I would expect anyone to do their own research before trying anything that anyone says here. Like I did mine.

divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member

Hello,

I would suggest monitor the pattern of your experiences while your meditating. I am not sure how you meditate, is it while sitting on a chair, laying down, or sitting crossed leg in meditation pose.

If you you find the symptoms persists on every way you meditate, then, wise to check with a doctor and see what he says.

I cannot comment on spiritual experiences during meditations though as, everyone is different and I do not have much knowledge in this area.

p/s ,wow hitting 15 minutes in meditation is great for me. Good luck in your meditation journey.

Umaredzuki
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Hi Thanks everyone for your replies, it's right I just feel my blood like that after a while, not all the time. although the only common health issue in my family are heart diseases I'm only 18 so I don't I have to worry that much about them. And no I just have that feeling after meditating as I previously said, or after HOURS of exercise(like soccer,karate,basketball) weirdly enough that does not happen after swimming no matter how much time I spend in the water or after hiking so Idk maybe it's something pressure related now I'm curious about it I might see my doc in a week and ask him about it.
Wow I didn't knew 15 min were such a great time that actually makes me feel better I meditate in seiza most of the times since I used to practice Karate when I was a kid(and it's the most comfortable for me) I have tried meditating while laying down but that just makes the problem I'm having worse.
Answering wolves questions:
I Don't have any gastric problems, maybe black tea although I just drink once a week or don't drink it at all, I goes away almost instantly after I start doing something else like cooking homework or anything other than staying still really, and I'm having trouble dealing with it that's why I made this post.
Thanks for all the suggestions

Nil
neophyte
neophyte

Sounds like chakra activating... solar plexus to be exact. Why don't we do experiment? Next time it happen, try to direct it to your. .. say... sacral chakra or heart chakra... just think about the heat so to speak and slowly in your mind move it up to in between your chest (heart chakra) and see what happens. And try to keep it there. Just as an experiment. :x

Dreamerunknown
neophyte
neophyte

You feel the blood pumping and no med issues? At first reading it I thought wow, you seem to be kind of sensitive. It could be something to do with low blood pressure, like when you get in a relaxed state the heart turns up to keep the system running. But best is to get it checked out.

Return to “Meditation”