You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hello! Not sure if this is the right place, idk and sorry.

I was looking up places to travel to and a cemetery came up as 'recommended' for tourists visit. I don't have any dead relatives, so I'm not even sure if it's a 'good idea' to go waltzing around a place like that (not disrespecting the people there though.) The country I was looking at was in Ireland if that matters.

whatever
new here
new here
Answers: 0
Male/Female: Male

There's always someone who has a problem with what you're doing, but are you going to let that ruin your experience?

Honestly you'll be fine, most people aren't going to say anything as long as you're not doing something bad. As for the spirits who reside there, I'm sure they'll be happy to have you visit them.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

There are tombstone tourism and other cemetery related tours, and not always about genealogy tourism : )

One example is New Orleans Cemetery Tours in which you can visit Marie Laveau's grave.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:There are tombstone tourism and other cemetery related tours, and not always about genealogy tourism : )

One example is New Orleans Cemetery Tours in which you can visit Marie Laveau's grave.
That place is on my bucket list! I would actually go there without a second thought given the all paid expense chance : ) But no I was asking others here if that would be a good idea to do. I don't have any experience going to a cemetery, so in example like one person was attacked by malicious entities float'n around or someone saw an Angel. idk if I'm asking this right.

divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member

Hello,

Never say never and good luck with your cemetery tour. Exciting and fascinating. If you are concerned about safety, do research on how to protect yourself. It is a good idea though.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Opelia Rendon wrote: But no I was asking others here if that would be a good idea to do. I don't have any experience going to a cemetery, so in example like one person was attacked by malicious entities float'n around or someone saw an Angel. idk if I'm asking this right.
Mm aside from what's suggested above, don't forget to research if the area is safe, if the guide is credible, and be respectful to whoever/whatever resides in the area : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Arigato all

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Dangerous to explore at night.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

-Make sure to bring something made of iron incase you encounter anything bad (metaphysically)?

Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

There are quite a few people out there that like to go and tour cemeteries. My mother and I never get along, but that was something we used to do all the time. Both of us have always been able to interact with the spirit world so its always left us with some interesting experiences, some of which neither of us want to repeat, ever. There are people who are completely against the idea. Some say we should respect those who have passed and leave them alone, while there are others who think it isn't safe, ie: from the living or those that have passed on.

The way I have always looked at it is some of those cemeteries are so old, the descendants have even passed on and there is no one left behind to honor the dead or to show respect. I go in with a great deal of respect for those gathered there. We take pictures, talk to some of them, clean up debris if needed and something fix flowers left behind by folks. There have been a few times when we go in looking for the oldest stone there and leave flowers for them or sit and talk to them for a while.

Its very taboo for some people, but if you aren't harming your surroundings and are enjoying yourself, quite possibly you are giving the spirits there something to look forward to. Someone with respect and curiosity has come in to see them. My mother used to describe it like visiting elderly folks abandoned in a nursing home by their families. The history you find in some of them is absolutely outstanding and is lost to so many people in the world, but at least those of who venture in curious to explore, get to witness it and learn something new.

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”