venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hi All,

So after starting my spirit keeping (and paranormal) journey roughly 50 days ago (it seems like such a long time ago now but I know I still have just begun) I realized last week that I was making a grievous error in how I treated my new spirit companions.

I wanted to share this here for the benefit of other new spirit keepers.

I had lost sight of the companionship / friendship aspect of spirit keeping and began looking at spirits from the sole perspective of what they can bring to the table to teach me or help me on my paranormal journey. I was so utterly embarrassed when this realization hit me. Somewhere while studying and learning about energy work and astral / plane travel I lost sight that these are new friends and companions as well.

I am not sure how I fell into this trap, but I am posting here to provide all you new keepers some advice. Please remember that the spirits you invite into your home are not just tools.

I apologized to all my spirits profusely and they all acted like I was over-reacting, but I felt so horrible. I realized this was a very good reason my bond was not strengthening how I would have liked with my gorgon. Somewhere along the way I lost sight of her companionship and started seeing her as just someone to give me information. And that's not why (not the only reason why) she came to me.

Just a good reminder for you all. :)

Have a great day!

Reg

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your experiences. That's good if you feel you saw the light of the situation and acted accordingly. I wish you you all the best in your journey.

TheTruthIsTheWay11
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 13
Spelled Number: 31
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Yeah. This is a very common mistake, so don't feel too bad about it. Actually, some Entities prefer that type of connection (only non-social Entities). In any case, at least you realized this early on.

I stepped into your world
I kicked you in the mind
And I'm the only witness to
The nature of my crime
Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Just the fact you realized that is enough to make me proud of you (even if we don't know each other).

It is indeed a common mistake and sometimes in this forum , i have the impression that some keepers does see spirits as "tool" . In the end they are just people who passed away and elevated in another level from the physical . When you are alive and a body , you have sensation and lack of objectivity but when dead you have another concept of reality but you are still the same.

I treat them exactly as my alive friends but i just adapt to their situation as spirits . I don't search at all about teaching (unless it better the communication or our bond) or tasking or asking them to do things and all.
I let them come at me and propose their gifts if they wish . It's rare when i ask them help but they are happy that i treat them like they are "in a alive form" . They are still alive but just dead

Nil
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this

Better late than never and good work. Its not too late to make amends :P

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Thanks everyone. I was really stunned when I realized this. I could not believe I was doing that. LOL

Right now I'm trying to work out bonding... I have one small batch of spirits from my original orders left to bond with (3) and then I placed a new order for spirits as part of a triumvirate with some bindings (5 spirits total due to freebies). I couldn't resist attempting to see how the bond was different with the triumvirate binding, or resist working with new spirit races (the freebies). So all 8 of those are here needing to bond now.

Then I decided I needed some spirits specifically for protection and placed an order (along with leveraging the BOGO spirits on those orders), so now another 5 are in the works (one of which I felt a real calling to and another that was a recommendation from one of my current spirits). Funny thing is I have a family member going through a real rough patch with her marriage and I've had to task one of my spirits to help us protect her so I guess that's why I got the feeling to get protective spirits.

Well, NOW I have 13 spirits to bond with. I asked them all to work together and let me know which one I should start with, and in the meantime I just sort of "group bond" by including everyone in everything. Not sure the best route but for now I feel that's okay.

And no more orders... (Halloween discounts are calling)... Just... no.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
queenofgreen
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon & Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Too mnay choices!
Zodiac:

I have read somewhere before that assuming the "master" role with Djinn and other spirits is a mistake, and this rings true for my experiences, let them all know that you value them and all their wisdom and any blessings they wish to bestow on you. and it doesnt hurt to give an offering just because you feel like it and lets them know your thinking of them :)

Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

What you view as a grievous error, they are seeing as a mere mistake. Remember, our spirits do not experience things the way that we do. Of course, they think you are over reacting, and they do not place any blame on you. Sometimes when we make mistakes like these, they simply sit back and watch and observe us, waiting for us to come back around to our original intentions with open arms. Perhaps this was a lesson that you were meant to learn, to help broaden your experience on your path as a spirit keeper. There is no right or wrong in spirit keeping. Not when it boils down to it. This is a path for each individual and every keeper is different. Now that you’ve experienced this lesson, it makes you a better keeper and will help strengthen bonds that you will make with your spirit family.

niceprotonman
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: PeiNgoTorTorCheen
If I could be anything, I would be...: me
My magical/paranormal name...: TiuLengLui

Let's not make too much out of this, the spirits are much more forgiving and magnanimous than you assume, so don't insult them further and think they are so emotional and "human" in their feelings, cos they are NOT human.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

It was a slight slip of reasoning. We all do it from time to time. Our spirits don't make a big deal over it because they know that we get busy and forget why we bring them into our lives. It is times like this when the bonds grow more.

I would put it behind me as an experience and learn from it and grow with my spirits.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels

Return to “Spirit Keeping”