venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hi All,

I am posting this in the Newbie Area since this is only my third month of spirit keeping. Generally I feel like I communicate with my spirits well. I have felt like I've had several conversations with a couple of them and there have been times when I have good confirmation of that. However, I am having a problem in practicing telepathy that calls into question some of the conversations and the accuracy of the communications.

I need someone who is an expert at telepathic communication with their spirits to help me understand the reason why this is happening and how to clear it up. Let me explain (sorry, this is a bit wordy).

I like to practice telepathy with an individual bound spirit using the red and black card game method. I meditate, ground, center, and shield before doing so. I also recently received a Communication Filter for spirit keepers from CH and have activated it to help ensure only my bound spirits are communicating with me.

The problem is psi misses. Statistically, I am getting a 57-62% failure rate, which in my mind is noticeable as worse than chance. And this happens with every spirit.

My experience of how this happens is even more baffling, and wherein lies my trouble. I will wait for an answer and while ignoring my internal voice, most of the time I eventually sense an audibly whispered response. When I say it is an "audible whisper", note that it is not actually a physical whisper, but it seems to come through a spiritual sensory channel as if it is heard by my ear. I am assuming this is my energy body's manifestation of the spirit's response to my physical brain. My brain interprets this sensed whisper as the word it most closely matches - red, or black. When I take the whisper at this first level of interpretation it is almost always incorrect - in fact, rarely correct. I typically have taken it at face value and find that the answer is incorrect. What I have noticed just last night is that if I wait and re-interpret and re-analyze the whisper and choose the opposite of what it "audibly" sounds like, that opposite is almost always right.

For example, if I think the response "sounds" like "Red", the sensed response really means the color is black.

I am absolutely baffled by this and really need someone very experienced with telepathy to help. I need help understanding why the sensed response is nearly always the opposite of the actual color of the card.

Assuming my spirits would not purposely give me an opposite answer, and that my shielding and the communication binding are preventing my sensing other responses, what is actually happening?

Could this be an overriding answer from one of my other bodies (divine or astral energy bodies) and not actually from my spirit?

What else could be happening here?

Do you have any recommendations on clearing up the accuracy of the interpretation of the response?

Thanks for any of your help!

Reg

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret

My spirits would simply answer:"LISTEN."
I had the same problems and sometimes still have. When I asked them how I could be sure of what they said, I received the answer above as clear as day. The key is to practice, practice and practice. You'll eventually get better, yet there will always be times when you might get things wrong. Just keep listening to them, tune in to their energy to understand. Some might communicate better with images in your mind (I sometimes see flashes of red or black when I train with cards).

What you sometimes hear as the opposite answer is your inner voice, your mind taking part in the guess without your consent ;) it's confusing. At one point you'll see the difference by yourself, what is you and what not - cause the spirits have their distinct voice and you'll learn this over time. Until then, they most possibly also keep making fun of you with implicit answers, just for the sake of their amusement. Though, if you ask them serious questions they won't joke around and it also highly depends o their playfulness. That's just my experience^^

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

You probably shouldn't believe your own thoughts and emotions. That goes double for what you think other people are thinking and feeling.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Don't ignore your inner voice. That might be the channel by which the message is coming through.

Do some experiments with just the inner voice as a guide, and compare the statistics you accrue to the average results you had on prior tests. Let us know how it goes.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

@MidnightMusings LOL Oh yes, I've gotten "Listen" before... and I have no doubt my succubus was incredibly bored with the game and was purposely (at least some of the time) giving me incorrect responses. I have tried the images game a little bit too, but barely. I'll have to experiment more with that. I thought I was hearing distinct voices at one point and now that "same" voice seems to be the one that's always wrong. With this lot I am betting they are having SO much fun at my expense. What's really funny is they have told me before "Your telepathy is fine. The next card is red." and I'll flip it and it will be red. Then keep playing and keep missing again. LOL It's frustrating. I keep thinking are the conversations accurate, way off, or is it all somewhere in between? LOL

@Likes2Read That's an interesting take. I think I'll try that this week. When I first started the messages seemed to be coming through the same as my inner thoughts, then the "audible" channel started so I keep paying attention to that channel. I would assume the "whisper" isn't my inner voice since it's not the same as when my thoughts respond.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

I thought I would make an update on this subject. I have received a lesson of sorts from my Dullahan spirit companion regarding the red and black game and discerning voices.

First, he had me focus on connecting only with him in my mind and only the answers he gave me telepathically. Whether the answers were right or wrong didn't matter - only that I was receiving exactly what he said. So, for example, I would draw a card, ask red or black, and he would give me an answer. I would repeat the answer to him and he would confirm it was what he said. Sometimes he would purposely make it a wrong answer to ensure I was receiving his actual response. This went well, so he moved on to the next step.

Second, he had me focus only on the card with my third eye, without any focus on him at all. He asked me to envision the card, ask my spiritual self for the answer, and only listen to that inner voice. This manifested in my mind's eye as an image of flipping the card around, instead of an audible word. Amazingly enough, I was correct over 80% of the time (although I did not go through an entire deck, as that was not his point - it was more like eight out of ten or so).

The last thing he did was have me ask him and then use my inner voice to double-check the response, to determine if he was giving me a correct response or not before looking at the card. Interestingly enough, I correctly caught some of his incorrect responses.

The point of the exercises was to help me see that previous to these exercises I was listening in sort of a broadband mode. I was listening for a response with focus on my third eye, but not specifically connected to him or anything else, spiritually speaking. This meant I would pick up the spirit's answer, my spiritual mind's answer, any other spiritual answer (if not shielded well) and my physical mind's guess (which I usually tossed).

Now I won't say the next red or black game went awesome - I still have lots of practice to do - but it was a great lesson in how to focus my senses properly to tune in to the spirit.

On a side note, it was also a great lesson on connecting with my spiritual mind. I had no idea my spiritual senses could determine the card on their own. I even had images of the correct suit most of the time. I did get worn down doing this though (as in got tired).

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”