Demon Keeping Experiences

Your Opinion on Demon Keeping

Never!
18%
Maybe.
11%
Only under certain conditions.
10%
I've thought about it, but haven't done it.
13%
I have/had a demon, and I had a bad experience.
2%
I have/had a demon, and I had a good experience.
33%
I want to get a demon someday.
14%

Total votes: 292
Nil
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male

SeaWitch wrote:
SeaWitch wrote:It's something I have considered, but ultimately, I don't think demons are for me.
Oh, how things have changed...I have a demon now, no regrets. 1ey
Once you have one... you will never go back...

Once you pop... you never stop...

Never try one... dont say never :X wuahahahahah... join the dark side :X

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Aurora Magick wrote:
ash-mda wrote:IT'S NOT CUT & DRY AT ALL. THERE'S GROUPS IN THE WORLD WHO WOULD CLASSIFY A GARGOYLE AS A "DEMON". HOW DEMONIC ARE WE TALKING? ARE WE TALKING SOMETHING LIKE A BUKAVAC? OR MORE LIKE A CHUPACABRA? WHAT TYPE/RACE/KIND OF DEMON ARE WE DISCUSSING?
Well, this question is better posed to the site as a whole.
It really is better suited for its own thread though, than here in my opinion.

I have no interest in working with demons. They are not a field I study. However this thread is something the others on the subject are not, objective and a record of personal experiences with a poll people can answer anonymously.
I merely made it as a place where someone could look to get an idea of what's what without having to dig through 10+ threads and read a lot of unrelated discussion.

There are tons of questions for me still remaining demons... ranks and species... types... if all demons are BA or if some range to DA or even GA perhaps... These aren't things I can answer.
To Aurora Magick:

Quite a bit has changed since this post yes? I'll be frank, I will probably work with a demon one day, I understand that not all are bad and I would like to get my first one from you one day. If this isn't a too personal question, what changed since this post to now? From a logical stand point I mean.

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

It is worrying to see so many people throwing caution to the window.

I have no idea what people believe they keep but demons are not meant to be DA. Demons are only BA. I don't now what people keep in their collection but i don't think it's very ethical to keep or sell beings that you don't know what they truly are.

Real Demons are inpatient, quick to judge, always lieing and find weaknesses quickly. However this underplays what a demon assault is truly like....

Please bare in mind also that the left hands path and the dark arts has nothing to do with demons.
The left hand path is about choice, freewill and in many cases it is about freedom for desire. It is about self love and to some people it may be about sin and decadence but in a self love context.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner

WhimsicalSage wrote:It is worrying to see so many people throwing caution to the window.

I have no idea what people believe they keep but demons are not meant to be DA. Demons are only BA. I don't now what people keep in their collection but i don't think it's very ethical to keep or sell beings that you don't know what they truly are.

Real Demons are inpatient, quick to judge, always lieing and find weaknesses quickly. However this underplays what a demon assault is truly like....

Please bare in mind also that the left hands path and the dark arts has nothing to do with demons.
The left hand path is about choice, freewill and in many cases it is about freedom for desire. It is about self love and to some people it may be about sin and decadence but in a self love context.
I guess everyone has their own opinion on this, since there are a lot reputable practitioners who say demons can be DA and others again who say there's only BA. There are so many demons out there, if you count in the universes and dimensions, that as far as I can see it is actually impossible to put clear labels on them. Which is also just our way to classify the beings we work with, they won't always exactly act like their classification. They are not bound to kill or destroy what crosses their path, if they might even like to or prefer it this way. But the most important is their attitude toward the human companion and the human companion being of a strong mind and able to assert themselves, knowing what they are getting into. If they don't, they'll eventually learn out of it.

People make experiences, each experience is different. This is, however, only my way of thinking.

Aurora Magick
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Opelia Rendon wrote:
Aurora Magick wrote:
ash-mda wrote:IT'S NOT CUT & DRY AT ALL. THERE'S GROUPS IN THE WORLD WHO WOULD CLASSIFY A GARGOYLE AS A "DEMON". HOW DEMONIC ARE WE TALKING? ARE WE TALKING SOMETHING LIKE A BUKAVAC? OR MORE LIKE A CHUPACABRA? WHAT TYPE/RACE/KIND OF DEMON ARE WE DISCUSSING?

I have no interest in working with demons. They are not a field I study. However this thread is something the others on the subject are not, objective and a record of personal experiences with a poll people can answer anonymously.
I merely made it as a place where someone could look to get an idea of what's what without having to dig through 10+ threads and read a lot of unrelated discussion.

There are tons of questions for me still remaining demons... ranks and species... types... if all demons are BA or if some range to DA or even GA perhaps... These aren't things I can answer.
To Aurora Magick:

Quite a bit has changed since this post yes? I'll be frank, I will probably work with a demon one day, I understand that not all are bad and I would like to get my first one from you one day. If this isn't a too personal question, what changed since this post to now? From a logical stand point I mean.
Well, it has been over 6 years since this post was made. How old I am.

Part of the reason I never had an interest in working professionally with demons is because I had encountered some very unruly ones troubling my friends in the physical. However the more I read and studied and tried to keep an open mind, the more my interest was piqued.
Originally, I started out as just a regular old witch, a white witch, who grew darker over time as I realized incongruities and contradictions in the white arts school of thought. Things like, claiming any subversion of free will is Black Arts, but finding it perfectly acceptable to try and do illusion and glamour spells to make others have better impressions of you. Saying that harm in any context is Black Arts or Dark Arts, but then viciously pursuing any who attacks you first, rather than just defending and deflecting. As well as the belief that you could do spells to attract things to you, like a promotion, wealth, opportunity, etc- while ignoring that for you to GAIN something, someone else has to lose or miss out on something, therefore your magick is not harm free and not truly White Arts.

The more I noticed such contradictions and such things that were conveniently ignored or not talked about, the more distant I became from the concept of White Arts. In my hometown, I tried to become involved with the local pagan group, and I asked a shop owner if he knew anyone who worked with exploring the darker aspects of the craft. He was openly disgusted and told me that I was wrong even for asking. That cemented my resolve, and I started studying Darker Arts magicks for myself. Inevitably, once I happened upon spirit keeping, the same transition happened. I started out convinced of what I had been told, that all Demons were bad, because my experiences up until then supported that conclusion. I stuck with working with Dragons, Angels, and lighter arts beings.

But as I explored the astral, I found myself encountering very interesting and wholesome beings... that happened to be demons. They weren't mean. They weren't rude. They weren't hostile. They were just... like humans. Individuals with thoughts and feelings, a little chaotic, but mostly well meaning. It took me a long time to become comfortable enough with them to conjure them, in fact when I began conjuring I pretty much only offered Dragon species. I guess you could say... I just gravitated towards the darkness. I had been taught that this whole aspect of existence was complete evil, and the more I heard hints that that was not the case, the more curious I got. The more I wanted to find out for myself and give them a chance.

Eventually, I took the leap and got myself demons, then a while after began offering them. Now it has kinda become a specialty of mine, though I never thought it would.
When I actually allowed myself to interact with Demonics, rather than just sticking to my preconceptions, I found that they were easy to connect with, a great match to my natural energy and aura, and that they were fantastically loyal. I've had some of the best astral experiences of my life in the company of Demonics.
Also, part of the reason I originally insisted I didn't want to work with Demonics is because 6 years ago I was looked at as a newb, nobody respected me, and people cast doubt on my abilities a lot. If I had said I had interest in getting a demon back in that time, in that forum 'climate' where demons were openly hated, it would have caused a rather big backlash. Despite the fact that I had been practicing, including interacting with spirits, entities, and even Demonics, prior to even joining the forum (I began studying witchcraft at 12 years of age) things were honestly pretty elitist back then, rank mattered a lot as well as how long you'd been around. It just wasn't worth kicking up dust.

There was no huge perception shattering event, though. I just gravitated towards a balanced state of light and darkness... perhaps a little heavier on the dark side.
I'm really tired so I hope this post makes some kind of sense <3

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Aurora Magick wrote:
Opelia Rendon wrote:
Aurora Magick wrote:

To Aurora Magick:

Well, it has been over 6 years since this post was made. How old I am.

Part of the reason I never had an interest in working professionally with demons is because I had encountered some very unruly ones troubling my friends in the physical. However the more I read and studied and tried to keep an open mind, the more my interest was piqued.
Originally, I started out as just a regular old witch, a white witch, who grew darker over time as I realized incongruities and contradictions in the white arts school of thought. Things like, claiming any subversion of free will is Black Arts, but finding it perfectly acceptable to try and do illusion and glamour spells to make others have better impressions of you. Saying that harm in any context is Black Arts or Dark Arts, but then viciously pursuing any who attacks you first, rather than just defending and deflecting. As well as the belief that you could do spells to attract things to you, like a promotion, wealth, opportunity, etc- while ignoring that for you to GAIN something, someone else has to lose or miss out on something, therefore your magick is not harm free and not truly White Arts.

The more I noticed such contradictions and such things that were conveniently ignored or not talked about, the more distant I became from the concept of White Arts. In my hometown, I tried to become involved with the local pagan group, and I asked a shop owner if he knew anyone who worked with exploring the darker aspects of the craft. He was openly disgusted and told me that I was wrong even for asking. That cemented my resolve, and I started studying Darker Arts magicks for myself. Inevitably, once I happened upon spirit keeping, the same transition happened. I started out convinced of what I had been told, that all Demons were bad, because my experiences up until then supported that conclusion. I stuck with working with Dragons, Angels, and lighter arts beings.

But as I explored the astral, I found myself encountering very interesting and wholesome beings... that happened to be demons. They weren't mean. They weren't rude. They weren't hostile. They were just... like humans. Individuals with thoughts and feelings, a little chaotic, but mostly well meaning. It took me a long time to become comfortable enough with them to conjure them, in fact when I began conjuring I pretty much only offered Dragon species. I guess you could say... I just gravitated towards the darkness. I had been taught that this whole aspect of existence was complete evil, and the more I heard hints that that was not the case, the more curious I got. The more I wanted to find out for myself and give them a chance.

Eventually, I took the leap and got myself demons, then a while after began offering them. Now it has kinda become a specialty of mine, though I never thought it would.
When I actually allowed myself to interact with Demonics, rather than just sticking to my preconceptions, I found that they were easy to connect with, a great match to my natural energy and aura, and that they were fantastically loyal. I've had some of the best astral experiences of my life in the company of Demonics.
Also, part of the reason I originally insisted I didn't want to work with Demonics is because 6 years ago I was looked at as a newb, nobody respected me, and people cast doubt on my abilities a lot. If I had said I had interest in getting a demon back in that time, in that forum 'climate' where demons were openly hated, it would have caused a rather big backlash. Despite the fact that I had been practicing, including interacting with spirits, entities, and even Demonics, prior to even joining the forum (I began studying witchcraft at 12 years of age) things were honestly pretty elitist back then, rank mattered a lot as well as how long you'd been around. It just wasn't worth kicking up dust.

There was no huge perception shattering event, though. I just gravitated towards a balanced state of light and darkness... perhaps a little heavier on the dark side.
I'm really tired so I hope this post makes some kind of sense <3
Nope. Everything made sense. From both a logical and personal perspective of yours. In a way you've opened my eyes to something I have overlooked by explaining. I look forward to working with a demon from your store when I'm ready. : )

FenOL
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 33
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL FOR LOVE
If I could be anything, I would be...: succubus lol
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: FenOL
Zodiac:

want to share my experience with demon.

at first I got my first demon from one reputable conjurer, but since I got a lot discount, it came with really short description. even shorter than CH lol.
guess what? I'm scared connect to them. I tried, but I don't feel good about it.
I never sever the binding, but instead I tell them that it might be not the time or we didn't match.
then they never come anymore.
I'm glad that they agreed to my decision, which is why I can't say I have a bad experience. I didn't get hurt. it just.. it doesn't feel right to connect with them.

it's kinda traumatic, and it takes a lot of consideration for me to bring another demon to my family.

later then, I stopped taking new companion.
but I got into a bad situation where there is a lot of dark beings (in indonesia we called them as pocong) and it disturb me. none from my companion can drive them nor I can.
while I stressed, I tried looking at angie preconjured listing and saw a demonic being.
I didn't buy him, I'm just interested at him. but suddenly I feel light and all that dark beings is gone. And I felt his presence, the demonic being. I'm so touched because he helped me, even though we were a stranger :'D then I promised him I will bring him home, which right now he has become my companion.
is he a demon because he has a demonic spectrum?
not sure but I can feel his protection is really strong (now I can see why my friend recommend me angie for a demon companion).
also even though he is a demonic being, he is really kind. kinder than me :'D and so lovely~

so... if anyone new consider taking demon into their family... please make sure you buy from reputable conjurer. but then, even reputable conjurer can make mistake, like my first experience.
I can say my last experience is pure luck. because he is a preconjured and a really kind beings.
if I didn't got the attack and didn't check his listing, I probably wont consider taking new demon into my family. each demon has their own personality. I can't guaranteed you can meet a kind and lovely demonic beings like me. we all have different experience after all~

psst... my fam said they don't want any public name so I guess I have to keep using their race ^w^

Trust and Believe and Respect
TheSolitaryOne
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Asheer
Zodiac:

I had quite a few demons in my keep, some if not all bound directly to spirit. They are quite dark natured but otherwise are very respectful to my rules and opinions. Only thing is just practice keeping mental focus and control at all times. Their energies are personally invigorating for me though. Hope this helps!

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

I'm glad to see this topic revived in such a meaningful way. I have 2 in my keep, one is an imp conjured by Aurora, the other an abyssal black flame master. I don't usually count the imp though, I should, however the energy makes me want to count it more like a dark fae. As for the abyssal, the first lesson she is teaching is patience. She is a teacher of how to use black flame energy and communication. The black flames of the abyssal realm are intelligent and can reveal many things. No one should plow head first into keeping any spirits that are on the lower end of the dark spectrum. Doing that can cause problems if the keeper is not prepared to handle the energies. There is a post beautifully written by nyctophilia raven that serves as an excellent warning and cautionary tale about what can happen if one is not properly prepared for what they are getting into.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

So let me talk a little bit about my demon "Ezra!" He has existed for thousands upon thousands of years and he gives off an energy that feels ancient, but certainly not heavy. In fact, it makes me think of being in a very old library, surrounded by countless tomes.

His appearance is interesting. For anyone who has seen Hellsing Ultimate, you know how Alucard at one point takes on his Vlad Tepes form, with the facial hair? That's exactly how Ezra looks, with the exception that the beard is thicker.

Little gif for reference:

Ezra's very sweet, very eccentric, which is perfectly fine for me, seeing as I'm quite eccentric myself! He likes to address me as kitten. 1sy He also likes watching horror movies with me, particularly those featuring demonic entities and Hell, as he's amused by our ideas of what these things are like.

Looking back now, it's funny how I was so worried about keeping a demon, thinking maybe I wasn't ready, I couldn't handle it, that the demon might be rebellious and challenge me, only for those fears to be completely unfounded. I don't think I could've asked for a better companion, really. <3

Return to “Black Arts”