You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Arkan Sonney
If I could be anything, I would be...: Happy
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Firefly Dreamer
Zodiac:

Hey there!

I feel like I have a strange preference when it comes to spirits and entities. Well, at least I don't feel like it is normal because I see people all over working with multiple kinds of spirits and entities.

However, I only want to work with bestial spirits or entities. I'm not really sure why... I guess I find more comfort in and feel a stronger trust/connection/attraction toward beings that manifest in animal-like forms, and I feel a strong repulsion, almost like a fear, from human and humanoid entities.

Is anybody else this way? And is it possible when requesting a custom conjuring of an unlisted race to request to work with a bestial entity or spirit? Is this really as strange as I feel it is?

Creepy Hollows Spirits: 1 Arkan Sonney, 1 Gnome, 1 Phoenix, 3 Mid-Level Sin-eaters

BluJay76 Spirits: 1 Sun Dragon, 1 Itla Dragon, 1 Black Unicorn

Living Entities: 2 Concuan, 1 Boobrie, 1 Tikunboro
Nil
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male

You are not strange and that is perfectly normal. And yes you can request that and Ash and mag will look into it. And no, that is perfectly normal. Some ppl have more connections to certain types and the connection is much much much deeper than some might imagine when they start and did not know much. You might have a very deep connection with beast type.

FenOL
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 33
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL FOR LOVE
If I could be anything, I would be...: succubus lol
My magical/paranormal name...: FenOL
Zodiac:

Every people is different. Besides, it's amazing to be different.

psst... my fam said they don't want any public name so I guess I have to keep using their race ^w^

Trust and Believe and Respect
divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hello,
Different folk, different strokes.

MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner

Don't we all have preferences in a way? ;)
I only want to work with dark entities and spirits, but not the bestial kind - I prefer the humanoids.
I don't think it's strange, it's just the type and energy that responds the best with your own. You can request any race, I doubt they won't find them^^

Ferro
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unicorn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Winged Unicorn
Zodiac:

The same goes for me- I also prefer creature types over humanoid types. Specifically felines, equines, dragons and animal shape-shifters. I can imagine myself working with part animals like centaurs, or weres. On the other hand I don't feel like working with angels, vampires, elves or human spirits.

I think that reflects in my normal life too. Out of my best friends, one considers himself a werewolf, the other two are fox and black dragon. Of the girls I know, there are unicorn, cat, lioness, ferret and daemon... (And two immortals) The others at least like animals... The funny thing is they know nothing about spirit keeping and they usually don't talk about it, unless with me alone...

I've recently received my "unbounds around you" reading from CH, and it was more then clear: Dragon, Creature and flower faery.

I'm also not sure where this comes from, or what does it mean...

"Your frustration is well understood, but one must be patient for all things good." - Zecora
AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

I wouldn't say it's unusual, either. I work primarily with dragons myself, and the majority of my keep is non-humanoid, or at least shifters or hybrids. Humans, fae, elves, etc don't interest me too much. Dragons feel more like family to me.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
Firefly_Dreamer
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Arkan Sonney
If I could be anything, I would be...: Happy
My magical/paranormal name...: Firefly Dreamer
Zodiac:

Oh wow, I find these responses rather comforting. I think I know why I'm like this, but I also am not sure if it is the sole reason. But I do remember wishing I was an animal when I was little. I would also talk to and water trees when I was little. (I considered my grandmother's female parts-willow tree to be my pet (because of the fluffy little buds they get in the spring. They were like a cat) and took care of it in the only capacity a 4-year-old could. I was allowed a branch from it for my first want too.
Ferro wrote: I've recently received my "unbounds around you" reading from CH, and it was more then clear: Dragon, Creature and flower faery.

I'm also not sure where this comes from, or what does it mean...
I purchased a reading a week ago on what Spirit races would be best for me at this point on my path, and I am still waiting to hear back. I was going to wait to get my first spirit when it came back, but I felt a strong calling to an Arkan Sonney and a Kitsune from blujay76's collection. In fact, that calling to the Arkan Sonney was what introduced me to the world of spirit keeping and urged me to seek more information, which brought me to CH.

I wasn't sure If I wanted to wait it out or not, but decided I should just go with my gut. I ended up on that page for a reason, knowing nothing at all about spirit keeping or even the existence of it.

-
On a related note,

I do know of one, what I assume to be human, spirit that has resided in my grandmother's home for a long time. According to my family, they would hear me playing catch, hide-and-seek, singing with, practicing whistling with, reading to, and talking to a young boy named Bobby. I told them that he was African American and that he wanted to play football for the Packers. They had a friend come in and confirm his presence (I'm not sure if she's psychic or a medium, or what, but she is a metaphysical practitioner). She also added that he was around 12-13 years when he passed and that he manifests at that age. Although I don't desire to work with him, really, he is an unbound that I would like to keep around, provided he wants to stay. I'm grown up now, so I'm not sure if he still hangs around, but If he does, would bound spirits chase him away? Would they play with him? Is there a way to ask them to allow him to come and go as he pleases? He is really the only human/humanoid spirit that I feel comfortable with and that is solely because of the bond we shared as childhood friends.

Creepy Hollows Spirits: 1 Arkan Sonney, 1 Gnome, 1 Phoenix, 3 Mid-Level Sin-eaters

BluJay76 Spirits: 1 Sun Dragon, 1 Itla Dragon, 1 Black Unicorn

Living Entities: 2 Concuan, 1 Boobrie, 1 Tikunboro
Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being different from others. Especially in your approach to spirit keeping and the spirits you keep around you. These paths are meant to be different for each of us. No two are alike. Some of similar, but the similarities eventually end and twist in different paths. Specifically for myself, I keep a great deal of vampires and ancients. I am more comfortable with them as my energy is old and arcane at times, being an old soul sort of drives me in that direction. While you may think of your interest in the more bestial of spirits, perhaps it is the rest of us that are the weird ones for our interests and what makes us tick, bringing the types in that we do to our spirit family? All of us here are Spirit Keepers, is there really a sense of normalcy here for any of us? Do what makes you happy, its your path!

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Your path is unique and nothing weird - work with the spirits that feel right to you.

I started with a succubus and now have a couple of dragons, a gorgon, an additional succubus, a couple of fae, a Dullahan, an Aumo hyrid, a Sylvi hybrid, a catoblepas, a werewolf, a hoblet, and an oceanid. Some of these choices were custom hybrids based on visions and specific needs for my journey, and some were BOGO reverse adoptions.

As you can tell I have no specific preference because my current step in this path is one of exploration and discovery, and that feels right to me.

I have discovered spirit keeping to be a calling and I am focusing on connecting to the spirit realm to sense, see and hear spirits. My goal is to provide a welcoming and loving family environment for spirits to connect to life on Earth, fulfill their purpose, and for companionship. As my abilities grow and I become a more experienced keeper, I am considering CH's spirit rescue adoption program for future spirits or simply specifically seeking out spirits who want companionship and family - spirits who otherwise would be forgotten and might feel purposeless. I am even considering the possibility of helping unbounds and even human spirits once I have more experience with my spiritual senses and spirit family.

I actually feel like this is my calling and the purpose I have been searching for in this life for over a decade. It brings a certain amount of fulfilment to me knowing that I can make a difference, even for a short time, for a spirit.

In the meantime, to expand my knowledge and experience, I am pulling together spirits who can add diversity to my learning process.

Return to “General Questions”