Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

1. I second what has been said above about both patience and sustained practice. It’s well worn but true.

2. Try to make a list of some things have that have made you feel very emotional (in a good kind of way) and/or strongly connected to someone or something. Pay special attention to the ones that have worked that way for you multiple or many times. Pick 1-3 of these things and find a way to change it and make it related to your spirit more than your external experiences. Then try those things as a regular practice—not just in the sense of regularity, but also in the sense of something you do to progress or develop in something. And see what happens. :)

For instance, I came from a very, very “non meta” tradition in the sense that non-Christian supernatural things were not tolerated. But there were still things that felt a little extra special to me. Singing, painting, and cooking were good examples. So I found ways to include my spirits in those activities. Like I started painting them before I even felt like I could get a solid idea of what they “looked like.” And slowly I came to see them better—and not just the ones I painted.

3. Whatever things you decide to practice to develop your spirit and its senses, pay attention to how they feel for you. Not in the sense of looking FOR something so much as looking AT something. Less trying to achieve and more observing what happens inside yourself.

4. Consider pm-I gotta Huffthemagicdragon. If I recall correctly, his wife Huffette has long (if not always?) Seen, but it took him years to come into his own senses. He may have some helpful or encouraging things to say to you.

Umaredzuki
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Good Morning thanks for the replies
You're right I never considered why it works(I love physics, my mind immediately thought of the "T=2π(L/g)^1/2" lol)
Thanks for the ideas Alys but I have some issues with them
First, I honestly prefer avoiding my feelings & emotions because I usually don't care about anything, but when I do, I turn into a very conflictive person and I don't like that.
Second, I'm good at a lot of things, but none of them are artistic in any way for example I'm good at math, sports, cooking & talking in front of people, and I knew how to play the guitar but I decided to quit because I really can't improvise, that's why I'm not able to Draw, Sing, Dance,or Paint, I mean I can do a joke out of something I just saw but that doesn't really count.
And Third, I've always have what I call "weird attacks" where I'm just happy out of the blue, and I want to Idk dance the macarena or buy ice cream for everyone or just hug someone till she/he tries to push me away or simply wear a weird hat to school I think that I'm the coolest person around(I was the student council president so they didn't really care)
Oh and I'm new so I think I can't Pm people yet.
Thanks for the feedback ^-^

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

1. Avoiding feelings and emotions may actually account for a lot of what you are experiencing in your attempts to connect. You may have a lot of defensive armor or scar tissue to sift through in order to access your senses.

2. It doesn't have to be artistic. Just do the things you enjoy and find ways to incorporate a spiritual part to it. Maybe give yourself a long a tricky math problem to do each day and really savor it while you are doing it. Play a sport you like and try to maintain mindfulness while you play, really being in the moment. Things like that.

Umaredzuki
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Hi sorry for the late Reply
I think I kind off get it now, when all of you say that is not super flashy and that is more subtle, you guys didn't meant that it would be a second or so of activity right? It was more like a soft impulse or hints toward something rather than a real "hey I'm here hi" right, and you meant being more happy about things that already make me happy, correct? Idk these days I've been thinking a lot of the things you mentioned and based on some situations that had happened lately is what I'm concluding.
Oh and Alys I didn't meant avoiding all my emotions I just not express most of them(the ones that would end harming someone)

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”