Does anyone have any experience with simons Necronomicon ?

The-Silver-King
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: n/a
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Silver

I didn't know where to put this but does anyone have any experience with the Simon Necronomicon if so what kind of experiences have you had ? I've been thinking about reading it and doing some work with it.

Nothing is impossible to the willing mind. - Books of the Han Dynasty

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Cliff Nichols

Do we really want to be rid of our resentments, our anger, our fear? Many of us cling to our fears, doubts, self-loathing or hatred because there is a certain distorted security in familiar pain. It seems safer to embrace what we know than to let go of it for fear of the unknown. (Narcotics Anonymous Book/page 33)” ― Narcotics Anonymous
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

There were discussion about it:
post532755.html#p532755
post112359.html#p112363

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
The-Silver-King
new here
new here

Thanks

Do we really want to be rid of our resentments, our anger, our fear? Many of us cling to our fears, doubts, self-loathing or hatred because there is a certain distorted security in familiar pain. It seems safer to embrace what we know than to let go of it for fear of the unknown. (Narcotics Anonymous Book/page 33)” ― Narcotics Anonymous
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

What is it that draws you to that particular book?

I have experience with it, I have pulled it from my bookshelf and have it sitting before me as I type this --but there are some things that need to be clearly understood when dealing with it, depending on what you're hoping to get out of it. If you go in with the understanding this is an arrangement of Babylonian based magick very loosely tethered to the Lovecraft mythos, best understood as a formalized chaos approach then you're good.
Some people go into it thinking this is the true power of the Lovecraft mythos magick when it certainly is distinct.
In summary, Simon's Necronomicon is a semi-fictionalized dictation of Babylonian-based magical ideas and methods. Go into it interested in Babylonian divinities and you have something cool to play with.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Noctua wrote:What is it that draws you to that particular book?

I have experience with it, I have pulled it from my bookshelf and have it sitting before me as I type this --but there are some things that need to be clearly understood when dealing with it, depending on what you're hoping to get out of it. If you go in with the understanding this is an arrangement of Babylonian based magick very loosely tethered to the Lovecraft mythos, best understood as a formalized chaos approach then you're good.
Some people go into it thinking this is the true power of the Lovecraft mythos magick when it certainly is distinct.
In summary, Simon's Necronomicon is a semi-fictionalized dictation of Babylonian-based magical ideas and methods. Go into it interested in Babylonian divinities and you have something cool to play with.
Why do people or some experiences say its 'dangerous' and has had bad effects on the users/those they know? Hence I read some of it on kindle out of curiosity but avoided/stopped.

The-Silver-King
new here
new here

I feel a pull to the book for some reason it maybe that it just interests me put i feel drawn to it

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”