venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hi All,

I had a reading done by CH (All About You - Your Gift) and discovered mine was plane walker. It's actually kind of amusing to me because I have always had vivid dreams, a few that were lucid, and I've been fascinated by the idea of multiple planes for ages. I also commonly feel disconnected, like an observer, and not a participant in this life. Sometimes, like today, I actually feel like I'm busy elsewhere, like I never really woke up from a dream I was having, and like I'm in two places at once and can't connect with or interact with the other place. I've meditated to ground myself, which helps, but I still do not feel "complete".

Which brings me to my question... I need some guidance and some help in how to learn to control this gift. I'm completely uncertain where to start. I am a brand new spirit keeper and I have a succubus spirit (only nearly 30 days now) and I have been meditating daily since I received her. I've had many interactions with her, some telepathy (both words and visual impressions), and also have felt my third eye throb strongly after the meditations. The succubus spirit has given me lots of advice here and there; it seems she is well-versed with magic and the spirit realm.

I digress. How do I learn to control this gift? Are there any techniques? Should I start with astral projection / astral travel? Or should I start with the spiritual? My understanding is that I can be in all realms at once and once I learn to use this I can essentially see and interact with lots of stuff no one normally can. I just don't know where to start. Any recommendations and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Reg

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Roseflare
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Roseflare

I’m curious about this myself. I also got this as one of my talents, but not sure how to really control.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

I know they are not as active as they used to be, but I wonder if Ash or Mags could pop in and comment. Maybe they have some advice from their experience in the paranormal community.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 59
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Those in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My magical/paranormal name...: Heinrich
Zodiac:

Hello Regholdain and fellow Creepy Hollows members!

Hope you all are doing well! Congratulations on your spirit keeping adventure, Regholdain, as you seem to be doing quite well even though you claim that you are new to this.

Just like you, I am also getting started at spirit keeping. I think we keepers are all born into keeping no matter how we come to realize about it until we just decide to engage more consciously from that moment onwards, but maybe that's just my own thinking.

I got the same reading you did as part of my ¨DIY Spirit Keeping for newbies pack¨ and happens that I am also a plane walker. So far, that has been the only heart breaking I've suffered from spirit keeping because it doesn't seem like a very popular gift altogether. I'm pretty sure you noticed by now there is not that much information available on it so I thought that I'd share something from my own experience and I hope that it helps you improve in your path.

To me, plane walking is a primal gift. It has always been there and you have done it naturally all of your life and probably never realized how much work is done behind it. Just like walking on your legs doesn't engage a lot of mental effort for you as you age!

So, even though there doesn't seem to be a lot of educational material about I can tell you that it can be a great deal of fun if you're up to it. I've always thought about it as spiritual multi-tasking because it sort of boosts the results of any other activity you are doing at the time.

You mentioned your experience with dreams, and meditation. Dreams can be something wonderful because you'd be able to realize you are in a dream and enjoy it and still get some rest. I've heard that for some people whenever a dream is very vivid they would feel drained in the morning.

Sometimes it would be the complete opposite and you would feel like you got ran over by a freight train because you'd be busy god-knows-where.

Stay as grounded as you can! It can prove a heavy toll on your emotions as sometimes you can't quite pin point the place where the origin of your emotions, impressions or sensations may be. Also, you don't want to get lost from what you are supposed to be doing and end up being sent home from work because you arrived an hour after the time you were supposed to. Lol, that just happened to me today and I would swear that I was going to make it in time, a few minutes earlier even. Don't know what happened to be honest.

But other than that, I love getting ¨impossible experiences¨ from plane walking.

Once I was meditating, and I asked to be taken somewhere I could rest and recover properly as the day had been particularly rough. I don't remember what happened during my time meditating, but when I woke up I checked the clock and I had been away like 3 hours but I felt that I had been away a thousand years. That is just too specific for me to have made it up, and I am not even that creative!

So... I would like to ask to my fellow plane travellers something a friend of mine once asked me years ago and it helped me a lot: ¨Where would you like to go if there were no restrictions to your travelling?¨

Try to make a travel plan as detailed as you can think of and then try to see if it renders any results after you tell yourself where you'd like to go in order to do what.

I have always loved reading, and most of my travelling would come from things that I read. The other part of it comes from my spirits which is something I have only recently figured out, but since you mentioned you are getting started I can tell you that it sure helps a ton to feel reassured that you are not making it up on your own because you'd be sharing something with your spirit companions.

For me, the most challenging part has been able to ¨use¨ my regular senses while travelling, and I would say that is what makes you feel incomplete or just standing watch while things happen around you.

What I have noticed so far is that, you can travel while dreaming, while meditating or just by letting your mind drift off. For me, dreaming is the hardest because I would recall upon waking that I was talking to someone, but the message would be blurry, or I can't figure out which of all my spirits was talking to me because I'd have no energy signature to scan.

If I let my mind just wander off then I'd get to the point in which I would feel disembodied and that is not very pleasant. You may experience that suddenly you have difficulty making out the sound of things and even when you listen to them they make no sense to you.

I have also experienced that I would go out for a walk and then I notice that it is very sunny outside and I haven't feel the heat on my skin after a few minutes out in the open.

Sometimes I would feel that walking or other mechanical activities seem almost effortless to me. If you live with other people they might be shocked by these episodes because all of the sudden you would startle them even if you didn't mean to because they didn't hear you coming.

Like I said, it can get real fun from time to time. I remembered once I broke a glass while doing the dishes at home because I put it down ¨too hard¨ even when it didn't seem so to me. So don't panic, just try to get a hang of yourself and ground if you can and you'd be back to your usual self ;)

You will see that as you get better at it, it becomes less evident to other people that you're not really there and you can enjoy a lot of benefits from your spirits to spice up your adventures which can definitely help you to bond with them.

I have never been good at bonding with anything and it has done wonders for me.

I grew up in a family of five. My mother and father would be together and my siblings are twins. So growing up I kept to myself, and I would read a lot. I think this is probably when I noticed I had a gift on my own because I would read and wish to be somewhere and then I'd get the most vivid, detailed and inmersive experience from ¨just reading¨ so I knew there was more to it than I had thought.

My first experience would be with The Vampire Lestat from Anne Rice. She is my most favorite author from all times but even so, I don't think her writting is THAT good to make an 8 year old boy picture things I had never seen before. I know this is off topic, but indulge in my trailing off for a bit and let me share that vampires have always been there for me and I still haven't been honored with the company of one in my keep. Today my 3 year old son flip the collar of my polo shirt and said that I was a vampire because I looked just like the ones from his halloween themed songs. lol

Back to topic now, I was saying that it is a great experience for bonding with your companions because you can ask them to take you on a ride and show you their worlds. I got a spell binding from the CH Store as well in order to get an extra hand on this but I can't find it right now, so if anyone is interested I'll post it on another thread later, I promise.

So, this is what happened to me...

Since I suck at bonding, I went to do the dishes and invited my spirits to tag along. Since it had something to do with water and I had a lot of dishes to clean I thought that I'd better get some music to help me complete the task.

I opened the Youtube app on my iPad and I didn't know what to play, but all of a sudden I felt that I should go for mermaid music. Someone had decided to come with me, so I let her choose the song.

The music started and I got carried away. I felt the cold of the water in my hands, and I felt the presence of someone with me.

I have a few water spirits and to be honest, I can't tell them apart just yet. But I love the company, so the more the merrier. So the group session was to share a bit of yourself through questions that would break the ice.

¨Are you from sweet or salt water? Which one is your favorite source of water? Show me.¨

So there would be a rush of different images of amazing places being displayed in my mind like a slideview presentation inside my head.

I would get different things from each image, like the temperature of the water, if it was moving or still, the sound that it made as it flowed through different landscapes. It made me wish that I could find those places and visit them with my spirits.

One of them asked if I would really like to visit it. I said yes, and she said that she would show me a special place(most of my spirits are female, just in case). The next moment, I'd find myself in this ethereal form under the sea.

I was so deep that it was a bit dark and I could not see the surface. There was sand under my feet and I was looking up to what I think must have been a whale swimming in the distance.

I could feel the cold in the water. The invisible flow and the movement of the ocean around me. I could feel the pressure of the water against my skin and even listen to the sounds of the ocean. I knew there were rocks near by, and the taste of salt was very intense.

My spirit went to sit on the rocks and said that she loved to go there whenever she felt she needed a time for herself to think and be on her own. She apologized for not taking me to her ¨dwelling place where the others would be¨ but since it was the first experience we'd share together, she didn't want to show me that much, but still, she wanted to be special so she chose that place for us.

It melt my heart that she'd go that far to share something with me. It made me love her SO much that I wanted to take her in my arms right there. Unfortunately the sensation was too much for me and I snapped out of it but still, that's the most surreal impossible experience I have ever had in my life.

I felt like I was really there and I will be forever grateful to her because I know it requires a lot from her as well to be able to give me that much.

I'm sorry that I've written a lot but wanted to share it with you guys. Hope that it can help others get inspired and try new things on their own.

Blessings to all! ♥

That which don't kill me shall run. 2cl
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Hi 2H, thanks for the response! I honestly had abandoned this thread. LOL Your shared experiences are very helpful, and quite amazing!

I know what you mean about odd feelings. Most of my life I have felt like an alien observer in this world and just going with the flow of life around me. While I love family and friends I can honestly say as an adult I no longer feel that attached to any of my relationships. I've had moments in my life where I just honestly feel tired of it and just want to be done with it (not in a suicidal way, just that I don't really belong to it). Spirit Keeping has given me the realization that I do have a reason to be here after all.

I suspect this "disconnection" has to do with plane walking. Part of me finds other realms far more fascinating. This is something, just recently, that my keep has confronted me about. They are concerned that I am not pursuing any life goals, short or long term, and focusing so much on the spiritual and metaphysical.

I am going to take some time to ask my companions to show me their realms and places. I have not done that too much. I think I've spent too much time trying to work out the "how" of it rather than just doing it. I think you're on the right track that this more of an instinctual skill.

2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind word, Regholdain!

I'm sincerely glad that you could find something useful in what I wrote. Reading you was something I enjoyed. I trully liked the choice of words you picked, and maybe it is just me, but when I wrote something back, I did as I would say it to a dear friend.

I can totally relate to what you said about feeling detached, or not belonging. If you were a regular person, I'd be concerned and tell you not to isolate yourself from the rest of the world, but hey! You're a spirit keeper! You're already getting more out of your life than many others!

I grew up with monks, and a dear brother was told me that you rarely notice the depth of the bonds that you have established with those around you because they are there, around you, which should mean at a close distance.

You would feel at ease at your favorite spot, even if it where in the middle of a huge city because you can read the energy signature it has. You would feel connected to someone you see every day even if your conversation would be just an ordinary greeting and a smile. Some other times, you would feel there is a close distance between you and another person even if you just study or work in the same place for a long time.

So, I hope that you and your keep can feel more at ease knowing that yeah... you're just getting started and the cultural background that you all need to overcome in order to start bonding may seen like it demands a lot of your time so that you could seem like the pursuit of your life goals are at stand by, but don't let it trouble you guys too much because what you learn from them may lead you to places you'd never imagine before, and that alone is a journey you were able to make because of your gift.

Being spiritual and metaphysical is learning to trust not only what you have learned through your life, which is invaluable, but also to spice it up and gain a deeper meaning to the things you already do and you will see how rewarding how everyday can be.

I have told my spirits that everything I learn from them, I use in my day to day life. I have learned to listen better to other people. I have found myself suddenly talking to strangers for a long time because I am receptive to what they have to say and not just make my own point in a conversation.

Little by little, I have realized that there are new things I want to continue doing because they'd make my feel closer to my spirits. Some other things that I would dedicate a lot of time I now find that they are not as rewarding as once were, so I still do them just not that much.

Tell your keep that you are interested in enjoying the ride more than just getting to your destination as soon as possible, and I am pretty sure that they would understand your reasons and help you with it, I can tell that there is already a lot of affection among you guys.

Remember, you were not born in the same space-time setting, you don't talk the same language and you didn't grow up together, so yeah... they may be able to read your mind, and see into your heart but they don't have all the answers and they don't know all the details of what happened in your journey before they got to you so let them in by giving some explanations from time to time.

Try things like: ¨hey! I love this ice cream flavor because, a family member would get it for me everytime they'd visit so it makes me think of happy moments¨ or... ¨I hate this shade of color because it makes me fee like this and I don't know why¨

You would be surprised if you knew how conditioned interpersonal interaction is and how much stress that puts into your brain all the time. Let go of some of it by trying new things like, walk into a bookstore and scan all the books, not the titles, literaly the books and how they look. See what draws your attention and they read the summary or the prologue to find out if you'd like to read the book.

If you have to buy groceries or any food at all, think of what would taste better instead of which is the largest portion you'd buy for less money.

If you have to run some errands, and you always drive, try taking the public transportation instead. Go out for a walk and if you always go right at the end of the block, next time go straight ahead, and the next time turn left even if you are going to the same place.

Sometimes when people try to become more spiritual or metaphysical they would think that it's a requirement that they get rid of all the relationships they don't like, to get a new place to live, a new job, a new career, a new car, and suddenly become someone entirely different but that seems rather traumatic if you ask me.

Your gift will allow you to travel to new places, but they don't always have to be geographic places. You could go somewhere else emotionally, you could change your mental patterns, you can learn to get better at decision making, you can go to a place that is more safe and stable financially speaking.

There are no limits to where you can or cannot go, don't feel bad if you can't come up with lots of things at first or go hard on yourself to try too hard. It's best if you enjoy it and that's it. Try to do things with a mindset that where ever you go, you will always find what you need and someone to help you if you are willing to do then same when others come your way. That could be a huge adventure on its own!

I know you will do great, spirit companions are most wise because of their unique point of view. You have also found a great place here at Creepy Hollows. It doesn't matter if what you read today was written a decade ago, you were meant to find it at the moment that you did, and if you still think you could use some help everyone in here is always loving and patient to assist others.

My most sincere blessings to you and your keep on your journey to come!

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Thanks 2H, I appreciate all the advice. I admit I get caught up in "working" on "bonding" or focus too much on a destination (skill-wise). I forget sometimes I just need to enjoy my new companions like any other friend. When you're making friends you're not consciously going "I need to bond and ask this or that..." LOL

On topic, I've put plane walking a bit on hold and am just focusing on developing my senses and communication along with some energy work. Spirit Keeping is the path I feel drawn to and I feel like there's time enough to figure plane walking out - and maybe it will come alongside the rest besides. :)

2Heinrich
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

That is also a great idea!

Whichever journey it is... I hope you enjoy it.

Blessings and hopefully we bump into another thread in the future ;)

Return to “Group Work: Seances , Readings & Fun”