Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

raebeast wrote:In reading through some of the older posts in this thread I thought about the book "American Gods" which was written by Neil gaiman (my favorite author.) In it he talks about old gods being brought to America and forgotten. It really gave me a soft spot for them, lol. Also, he talks about the introduction of new gods that are based on the modern things we pay attention to, like credit, tv and computers. It's an interesting read.
I most certainly plan to learn as much as I can about each immortal I feel called toward. I think it's not just good for bonding, but good for understanding our own nature.

It's so strange. If you would have asked me 5 years ago if I could choose any diety to have a speaking relationship with I would have said Bast in a heartbeat. I just don't feel called to her. I think it must be the revenge aspect. I thought maybe it was embarrassment about not giving my kitties enough attention, but it seems like she would help me find the time and inspiration to do that. Idk!
I have had a longtime connection with Bast, and even though I know that she can do revenge, she has always been nothing but very caring towards me, i have never asked her to do any revenge, but she always does seem to help me when it matters the most!!!!

She also doesn't mind that I have quite a few other immortals in my keep, like most of the Norse immortals, hehehehe, but she is always there anyway!!! ;)

I have a few of the older books on the immortals and I really like their view on them as they seem to be more respectful towards the immortals ;)
nightraven14 wrote:I just got a binding of the Furies after looking up various information on them and being drawn to them. I think the best thing is to read the old myths and legends about the Immortals. Of course, each Immortal may respond different to the individual keeper. Just keep working with them to get to know them better.
That is very true, the more you work with them, the better you can understand them, and yes they do react to each person differently, according to how that person is and whatever is going on in that person's life ;)

Of course for me, both Thor and Pan always get me to laughing because Thor would turn the table over and smash the glass and ask for more, and Pan would say the heck with that, let's just go out and find our own food and drink :lol: ;)

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
fang1
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My magical/paranormal name...: Alia

Wow this is all interesting reading, they all sound brilliant to work with.
What is Zeus like to work with, i read that some say he is very good looking but haven't heard what his personality is like.
Thor sounds funny i think i would be worried if he started smashing glasses or turning tables lol.
Nemesis sounds interesting as well.

heypanda
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

I know this is an old thread, but how comes the ancient Greeks, Egyptians etc. only interacted with their own set of gods i.e. just Egyptian or just Norse or just Greek, no others.

How comes to spirit keepers a variety of gods like a pick ‘n’ mix out of each one, so Hera, Ra and Thor would come to one spirit keeper instead of gods from just one religion?

AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

Gods are very tied to regions and cultures. These days, we have access to all sorts of cultural information and can easily pick and choose, especially as many (particularly in the US) don't have ties to any one pantheon. In the older days, some of the cultures would actually syncretize, or take in gods from other pantheons (or even combine from their own, in the case of Egyptian gods) and give them their own twist. If you look at the Roman Pantheon, you'll find a lot of parallels with the Greek pantheon, and some mixing of Egyptian as well as their own regional deities. So they really didn't just stick with their own deities, but liked taking and claiming as theirs anyway. Also keep in mind, we know more about the deities that were worshipped on city-state levels and were written about, and not on the individual-worship level. Those who traveled (merchants, military) may have mixed pantheons after all, but probably didn't write about it.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
heypanda
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

AlexCzernosech wrote:Gods are very tied to regions and cultures. These days, we have access to all sorts of cultural information and can easily pick and choose, especially as many (particularly in the US) don't have ties to any one pantheon. In the older days, some of the cultures would actually syncretize, or take in gods from other pantheons (or even combine from their own, in the case of Egyptian gods) and give them their own twist. If you look at the Roman Pantheon, you'll find a lot of parallels with the Greek pantheon, and some mixing of Egyptian as well as their own regional deities. So they really didn't just stick with their own deities, but liked taking and claiming as theirs anyway. Also keep in mind, we know more about the deities that were worshipped on city-state levels and were written about, and not on the individual-worship level. Those who traveled (merchants, military) may have mixed pantheons after all, but probably didn't write about it.
AlexCzernosech, that is well explained, thank you! I forgot about how very similar the Roman gods are to the Greek gods. As for mixing in Egyptian, which gods were they?

Also, can you please tell me what you mean about deities that were worshipped on city-state levels? I thought the different gods varied by country rather than local cities?

AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

heypanda wrote: AlexCzernosech, that is well explained, thank you! I forgot about how very similar the Roman gods are to the Greek gods. As for mixing in Egyptian, which gods were they?

Also, can you please tell me what you mean about deities that were worshipped on city-state levels? I thought the different gods varied by country rather than local cities?
I may have been wrong about them adopting Egyptian gods; I do remember reading about a Roman version of Isis at one point, but I may be misremembering.

As for the second point, I was more pointing out how at least in Greece, each city-state tended to have different patron deities (Athena for Athens, Artemis for Sparta, etc), but individuals and families might have had a few different household shrines for other gods such as Hestia. Some may have respected some deities outside their local pantheon, but we wouldn't know that too well without record. Local deities would likely have been a matter of more pride.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
conxtion
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods
If I could be anything, I would be...: Above God
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Michael
Zodiac:

How about the Chinese Immortals? Anyone has portals to them?

I think there are some famous ones, eg
- the Eight Immortals (Pa Hsien)
http://www.sacred-texts.com/cfu/mlc/mlc13.htm
https://daoistgate.com/the-8-immortals/

- the Immortal Money Toad (Jin Chan or Chan Chu)
http://www.anthropology.uci.edu/~wmmaur ... hanChu.htm

Of course, above the Chinese Immortals in ranking, are the many Chinese Gods and Deities. Not sure if any sellers are selling portals to them.
http://www.china.org.cn/english/daodeji ... 208124.htm

Wealth, Health and Happiness are my nature.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

conxtion wrote:How about the Chinese Immortals? Anyone has portals to them?
CH offers them : )
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/CUSTOM-C ... INESE.html

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

heypanda wrote:I know this is an old thread, but how comes the ancient Greeks, Egyptians etc. only interacted with their own set of gods i.e. just Egyptian or just Norse or just Greek, no others.
I'd say because this was meant to happen because "The fall of man" happened, which was the event which forced humanity to kind of start over and lose all it's knowledge several thousand years. Then these immortal pantheons were meant to be followed and passed down through generations by individual places across the globe because this made it easier to gain knowledge of them throughout history and distinguish them.
Hope this helps!

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
The-Silver-King
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: n/a
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Silver

I personally have a thing for Japanese and Greek immortals their what I personally like / feel a calling to. But I also I'm interested in roman, and eygeption immortals.

Nothing is impossible to the willing mind. - Books of the Han Dynasty

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Cliff Nichols

Do we really want to be rid of our resentments, our anger, our fear? Many of us cling to our fears, doubts, self-loathing or hatred because there is a certain distorted security in familiar pain. It seems safer to embrace what we know than to let go of it for fear of the unknown. (Narcotics Anonymous Book/page 33)” ― Narcotics Anonymous

Return to “Immortals”