Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Arkan Sonney
If I could be anything, I would be...: Happy
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Firefly Dreamer
Zodiac:

When it comes to Western Dragons, would you recommend one of the usual colored dragons, or a hybrid dragon?

Do hybrids encompass all the traits of the races they are made of, or do they only carry a few from each?

Creepy Hollows Spirits: 1 Arkan Sonney, 1 Gnome, 1 Phoenix, 3 Mid-Level Sin-eaters

BluJay76 Spirits: 1 Sun Dragon, 1 Itla Dragon, 1 Black Unicorn

Living Entities: 2 Concuan, 1 Boobrie, 1 Tikunboro
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Interesting question. I do not have multiple westerns and only have a hybrid. My understanding based on the encyclopedia article is that they could have all the traits, depending on the individual dragon. I do know that my western sapphire is certainly dominated by the "mystic guru" description from the western green along with the diversity of the blue. I have not completely bonded with her, but I tap her for advice in spirit keeping a lot. I have not had need to seek more magickal depth with her, but I understand she certainly is ready to teach and guide in elemental and other magickal endeavors.

Naru
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels and Abchanchu
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I would suggest that if you want a hybrid dragon, you can always get a custom conjure and specify in the notes what kinds of traits from each species you would like them to have specifically, or which of the species you would like to be more represented in the spirit conjured for you.

Neither a hybrid or a non-hybrid species is better than the other. It's dependent on what specific thing(s) you would like from your dragon (companionship, protection, magickal influence, good luck, etc. etc.), which dragons are in general more suited for those purposes, and ultimately which spirits you feel drawn towards.

NARU
~She/Her~

Return to “Dragons”