Is there a way to change or modify your past?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

There are some things which if this is possible in any way, shape or form I want to change. They say that time is an illusion (And it doesn’t exist unless you have a body), that past and present or future are all already infront of us.

But now we have all these big resources of paranormal/magickal knowledge on this website, would like to ask again with that present.

So is there a way to change your past or push your past self in a different direction so it can change where you are now? One thing I would like to do were that possible e.g. is make my past self early in life realise they were being manipulated and to go in a radically different direction, or to have that knowledge and steer them somehow?

If not can’t you simply have the past manifest once again in another form but basically have a similar or identical composition behind that form which can allow you to make amends?

HorizonSignal
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 5
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Well, this is going a little bit more 'out there' than even spirit keeping, but..
Look up the writings of a man named Neville Goddard. He taught a method to, effectively, control the entirety of your personal reality. He called the past-altering aspect Revision. Reddit has a fairly lively and informative community that discuss his teachings, if you're inclined to that website.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Will probably do some research on that, was just wanting to know the possibility that is all. Not necessarily concretely saying.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

The one thing we absolutely can do is change the way we regard the past. That’s especially the case when we are adults looking back on childhood events.

For example, maybe we can see now that a person who hurt us was dealing with inner demons (figuratively speaking), and it was NOT *our* fault if they said or did something hurtful. It was a product of whatever was going on between their ears at the time. It doesn’t change the hurtful event, but it frees us from blaming ourselves over it. That’s a big change!

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:The one thing we absolutely can do is change the way we regard the past. That’s especially the case when we are adults looking back on childhood events.

For example, maybe we can see now that a person who hurt us was dealing with inner demons (figuratively speaking), and it was NOT *our* fault if they said or did something hurtful. It was a product of whatever was going on between their ears at the time. It doesn’t change the hurtful event, but it frees us from blaming ourselves over it. That’s a big change!
This!

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

We can also change the way we regard the past, with respect to how we interpret our own decisions or lack thereof. For example, I can look back at Younger L2R and her decisions in certain key situations that didn't turn out so well, and give her my understanding. Younger L2R had not yet learned some of the life lessons that I now have got under my belt, and she also had approximately zero self-confidence for a long time. So of course she chose things that I would never choose to do or say, or fail to do or say, if the same options were presented to me today. But instead of kicking myself up and down over it, I say "That was then. This is now. Today, I will do things based on the inner resources I have today, not blame Younger Me for not having earned those resources yet."

I believe it was Maya Angelou who told us not to blame ourselves for past mistakes, because when we know better, we do better. So when we look at the past, instead of berating our younger selves for doing something we'd never, ever choose to do today, we need to take a step back and be kind to that younger self that hadn't gained the wisdom and perspective that we only earned over time.

And that, too, is a way of "changing" the past, without materially altering the events that took place.

Edit to add: btw, some of those errors that I made in the past are the REASON why I attained some of the wisdom I have today. In any case where I did something that blew up in my face, I learned the proverbial hard way to choose a different course of action next time. This is why TODAY, I know better and will do better in some of those circumstances if the situations arise again.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:We can also change the way we regard the past, with respect to how we interpret our own decisions or lack thereof. For example, I can look back at Younger L2R and her decisions in certain key situations that didn't turn out so well, and give her my understanding. Younger L2R had not yet learned some of the life lessons that I now have got under my belt, and she also had approximately zero self-confidence for a long time. So of course she chose things that I would never choose to do or say, or fail to do or say, if the same options were presented to me today. But instead of kicking myself up and down over it, I say "That was then. This is now. Today, I will do things based on the inner resources I have today, not blame Younger Me for not having earned those resources yet."

I believe it was Maya Angelou who told us not to blame ourselves for past mistakes, because when we know better, we do better. So when we look at the past, instead of berating our younger selves for doing something we'd never, ever choose to do today, we need to take a step back and be kind to that younger self that hadn't gained the wisdom and perspective that we only earned over time.

And that, too, is a way of "changing" the past, without materially altering the events that took place.

Edit to add: btw, some of those errors that I made in the past are the REASON why I attained some of the wisdom I have today. In any case where I did something that blew up in my face, I learned the proverbial hard way to choose a different course of action next time. This is why TODAY, I know better and will do better in some of those circumstances if the situations arise again.
Bingo! This response here. (I've also been doing a lot of the last paragraph lately.) Shadow work?

Sephiroth
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wolf
My magical/paranormal name...: sephiroth
Zodiac:

Watch The Butterfly effect

WubbaLubbaDubDub
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Update: Ok essentially I got something akin to what I want but in a different form for a chance to atone (This was after the ordeal that happened crippled a part of me or collapsed some kind of mental enterprise).

This was a huge act of mercy, to whatever forces were behind it. I basically practically got one chance to atone where I messed up in terms of befriending people/social stuff, without the blocks I achieved the opposite.

I fully redeemed myself in that aspect when this ‘chance’ happened, and just got a few days. Did it while crippled from the conclusion of the shadow self inner war/conflict, making it harder to do anything with the motivation for anything related at all to self benefit, boosting pride or survival (Which I had little to no concern about at the same time).

Even met an old friend from my late primary school years whom I remembered better than he did me.

A part of me had been ‘put to rest’ basically it felt like.

quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

I like L2Rs view its spot on

memento mori

Return to “General Questions”