venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I have to say, generally, I've had no doubts that I've tasked my spirits for things and that they are working on them, so for the most part I don't go searching for confirmation or testing the communications I perceive unless it completely makes no sense. Even so, when confirmation happens it's just really nice and makes you feel really good about things.

As many of you know from my recent posts last week I complained of a "cold shoulder" from my succubus companion. I have mentioned briefly some worries about my relationship with my girlfriend and how I've tasked my spirits to help keep negative energy from clinging to her and to protect her from unbounds. I think in one of those posts I mentioned a ward my spirits set up recently at her apartment to help keep most unbounds from being interested in messing with her. Well, over this weekend my girlfriend told me something that I felt was confirmation of a communication by my succubus spirit.

Last Tuesday I had spent some time with my succubus to try to mend her concerns about our friendship and I asked her to come to bed at the end of the night like usual. I *thought* that I got more of the same cold shoulder that night and it really upset me.

To add some further background: My girlfriend has very raw emotions and she reacts very easily to negativity - she is always stressed, always worried about everything and everyone around her, always easily angered, has anxieties due to deep compassion (for example if she sees a stray cat she must help feed it and would get very upset if anything happens to it), and etc. Due to all of this, over the weekend previous to that Tuesday, I had tasked my spirits to assist in cleansing and removing negative energies that cling to her and to drive off unbounds and help protect her from them somehow. I just had the feeling that her emotional swings were more than just her own anxieties (although they certainly could be a bulk of it). Thus, the ward was recommended by my Oceanid and put in place with the help of a few of my other spirits.

Well, Wednesday morning my succubus *I* told me she didn't mean to upset me the night before, but she had to go and help my girlfriend. There apparently was a particular unbound that was persistent despite the ward that was put in place. She also mentioned that this entity likes to follow my girlfriend around. So I was like well awesome, I appreciate that, sorry to have misinterpreted her absence as a cold shoulder.

Fast forward to Saturday night this weekend. I was talking with my girlfriend about spirits and she mentioned how when she gets a chill at night she has nightmares, often about negative spirits - attacks, spooking, pulling at the covers, etc. Last Tuesday night, during which the weather got below freezing, she experienced one of these chills and a nightmare. She described the nightmare as her laying in bed and playing with a ghost detector app on her phone of some sort that uses the camera to search the room for spirits. While turning the phone's camera she located a spirit that looked like the spirit from the Grudge movies only with "green demonic eyes" crouching in the corner of her bedroom. In the dream she told the spirit she sees it and it can leave. It hissed angrily at her and she continued to yell at it. She woke up cold and had to turn down her ceiling fan, get some water, and then went back to sleep.

When I heard this I immediately interpreted it as her higher self sensing the unbound's presence and wanting to drive it away. I told her as much and she said "no when I get cold I just have nightmares like that". I didn't press the issue, but I think there's more to her nightmares than that. I actually am beginning to believe that she has abilities and refuses to acknowledge them out of fear. She has very strong Native American Indian blood ties and between that and her grandmother's being a bruja of sorts I wonder how many suppressed gifts are beneath the surface. I digress, though.

Anyways, I thought about this last night and looked back at my journal and the notes I made about Tuesday night and Wednesday morning with my succubus. The correlation was uncanny. I feel like her nightmare was actually about this unbound that my succubus left to go handle. It confirmed *I*'s explanation from Wednesday morning about what happened Tuesday night, which is really awesome.

It is so nice to get confirmation of things like this, especially since this journey is so new to me. It really helps eliminates any doubts that crop up when it comes to my spirits. I am really pleased with how helpful my succubus and other spirits have been with these tasks. They have been really wonderful companions. 2hp

I may not have noticed this without my spirit journal, so I would highly recommend anyone new to spirit keeping, or even experienced for that matter, to keep a journal about any and every experience, perception, possible communication - anything at all. It really does give you a great way to look back and find confirmation of things that you may otherwise miss.

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

It does sound like your girlfriend has a gift for communicating with spirits, as well as she may also be an empath! Her getting cold then getting nightmares sounds like she can sense when they are around prior to the nightmare! Have you considered getting her a protective/guardian spirit just for her? I can recommend 3 spirits that would be great companions & rid of any unwanted spirit, it's totally up to you though! Is her ties to her heritage more modern or does she embrace the ancient ways? Religious beliefs maybe? I am sure her family member being a Bruja of sorts shouldn't be a bad thing unless she is taking it to an evil level!

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

More than one of my spirits has told me that my girlfriend is an empath and needs to learn control. She does not condone anything spiritual outside of the Christian religion, so helping her get her own spirit is not an option. Well, not at this time... I want to eventually have a discussion with her about that but I am not certain she would ever be open to the idea. That, and I think if she were to believe she had any paranormal ability (empath / sensing spirits, etc.), she would be deathly afraid of it.

I am considering ordering a protective / guardian spirit for my keep that would be specifically tasked to protect her at all times, if for nothing more than freeing up my other spirits from the task. However, right now I cannot decide if that is necessary.

In regards to her heritage, I am sure she is knowledgeable of the ancient ways since she has researched it over time, but her religious beliefs are focused in Christianity. Her grandmother's being a Bruja doesn't seem to be a bad thing, but her influence has drilled the idea into my girlfriend's mind that anything spiritual that is "not of God" is evil. Or maybe she believes too much fictional representation in the movies and media on that point.

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

I kind of felt that-or she was something close to it! Unfortunate her faith won't allow her to do so-I find with some religions anything outside of their teaching is evil & once it gets drilled into some ones head anything else is out of the question! I am not trying to be disrespectful or mean, having faith & believing in God is a wonderful thing, but I do believe her gift comes from God & is good! If you are considering getting a Spirit specifically tasked to protect & help her then get one when & if you feel it's needed! You are so on the right path as well have a great way to try to help your girlfriend! One of my friends was full blooded Native American Indian-he was brought up in a Christian household, until he was old enough to choose what ever path he wanted, his families faith was practiced, finally he embraced the Ancient Ways of his Ancestors & believe it or not his mom actually encouraged it!

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Thanks Cat. The succubus I'm most closely bonded to, my Oceanid, and my Gorgon companions are all involved in some way or another in protecting my girlfriend, although I'm not certain to what extent and how much time they are focused on it. They have other tasks so I'm not certain how they trade off. There are many other spirits in my keep so it's possible they have divided their duties amongst themselves too (although most are, in the broad strokes, not "protection" spirits).

I know as a child she attended pow-wow and she always talks about going again and she feels very strongly about political issues around Native Americans. Many of her disappointments with certain politicians typically revolve around what they do or do not do for Native Americans and other subcultures of the country. It could be her eventual path would take her back to that, but we'll see.

This is completely off-subject, but I know what you mean about religion vs an "evil spirit mindset". I was a strict Baptist in my early 20s and would have never considered this path at that time. In fact, for a long time I was of the mindset that ghosts were trickery by demons and that interactions with spirits, even benign interactions, were a form of trickery to mislead someone away from God. You could say I was rather paranoid about the subject. I spent several evenings performing blessings on the house and thinking that evil demons were going to attack me all the time because I was a believer. Did I do any objective research into the subject of spirits at the time? Nope, just the Bible and any other Christian literature on "spirit warfare".

You might say I've evolved quite a bit since then. I have to apologize if I seem slightly cynical of religion nowadays. I'm not even certain what I believe in anymore. I'm ultimately seeking an understanding and a path to God and I'm hoping that my development of abilities, eventual exploration of spiritual and astral realms through plane walking, and the spirit keeping path in general (not to mention any magickal path I might be inclined to attempt) will all eventually lead me to a deeper understanding of afterlife, God, divinity, and all of that.

Well, that's enough of that. LOL

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Glad to see even your beloved spirits care about your girlfriend! It sounds like she is starting to become more open to the ancient ways or at least keeping up with the knowledge of them! She is seeing a lot of the injustice the Native American Indian have to go thru and deal with & she is a great advocate too! Lets see if she will go to the old ways, or even give her self a new path to go with that she feels is suitable for her! I was brought up Catholic but wasn't strict with it, we went once in a while or when needed, but I remember as a child if I said anything about spirits I would be told it's evil or I was imagining it! At times-depending on which relative of mine I speak with-if I talk to a spirit then it may be a demon or an evil spirit & I need to say my prayers or open my heart to God and pray! As I got older I started to resent the belief I was told to because I felt like it was forced on me & there are other ways to believe in God without someone telling me what I am feeling is wrong! Today I am a practicing Witch-yes I believe in God & I feel the Bible is a great way to be close to him-but I needed to go with what I felt was best for me, so if you feel like you are being slightly cynical you have a good reason-I feel like that myself when someone pushes their beliefs or faith on me!

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

I agree Cat. I believe our paths in the supernatural, whatever they may be and whatever each of us believes, eventually lead to a universal divinity that is beyond the concept and understanding of human religion. In these ways I sometimes like the Taoist view of "God" as more of a great mystery.

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I do so think you are right on it!

Return to “Spirit Keeping”