Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: True Self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: None Yet
Zodiac:

So in my path of "chaos" practicing I've taken a deep interest in these seals and even made a couple according to the Keys as they were described. I even melted my own lead and engraved them at the precise hour and day as told and carry it with me. However I just don't know if its even effective or "allowed" to use them if im not a ceremonial practitioner of Solomonic Magick. Does anyone have experiences with these or knowledge?

"One should never battle demons on an empty stomach"-John Constantine
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

First, I would have to say no one is a true ritual practitioner of Solomonic magic. Simply because Solomon used ritual sacrifice as part of his ceremonies and almost no one would kill a goat, sheep, cow, or bird to summon an entity now days.
Second, if they are the seals for protection and you are having a nul experience with random unbound spirits I would say they are working.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
KnightofAvalon
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Instrument of the end fire083 wrote:First, I would have to say no one is a true ritual practitioner of Solomonic magic. Simply because Solomon used ritual sacrifice as part of his ceremonies and almost no one would kill a goat, sheep, cow, or bird to summon an entity now days.
Second, if they are the seals for protection and you are having a nul experience with random unbound spirits I would say they are working.
I certainly agree with you I just didnt want to disrespect a certain system and how it works or it NOT work due to my not following the other facets of the way the seals work. I wouldn't want to use a pentacle to ward off a negative spirit and it cause chaos for my having not used it or made it correctly.

But maybe its more the intent of the usage and I've heard thats the case with most things. I'll take that in stride thank you!

Cult
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: distilled spirits

Instrument of the end fire083 wrote:First, I would have to say no one is a true ritual practitioner of Solomonic magic. Simply because Solomon used ritual sacrifice as part of his ceremonies and almost no one would kill a goat, sheep, cow, or bird to summon an entity now days.
I would.
KnightofAvalon wrote:But maybe its more the intent of the usage and I've heard thats the case with most things. I'll take that in stride thank you!
Forget that while it's early. Follow the instructions as traditionally as you possibly can whenever you work with classical grimoires. Intent has nothing to do with it.

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

Cult wrote:
I would.
Hence why I said most.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
KnightofAvalon
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Cult wrote:
I would.
KnightofAvalon wrote:But maybe its more the intent of the usage and I've heard thats the case with most things. I'll take that in stride thank you!
Forget that while it's early. Follow the instructions as traditionally as you possibly can whenever you work with classical grimoires. Intent has nothing to do with it.
Ok so on that note, I actually work with metal and engraving some and ended up actually melting my own lead, engraving and painting the seal at the day and hour described. I'm coming from a chaos practitioner mindset and I don't want to be in the wrong for what is called "cherry-picking" certain things from different beliefs. So could one then consecrate it using the verses etc and actually use that seal or would you say that they should follow the solomonic ways to even be allowed to use them effectively?

Cult
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: distilled spirits

KnightofAvalon wrote:Ok so on that note, I actually work with metal and engraving some and ended up actually melting my own lead, engraving and painting the seal at the day and hour described. I'm coming from a chaos practitioner mindset and I don't want to be in the wrong for what is called "cherry-picking" certain things from different beliefs. So could one then consecrate it using the verses etc and actually use that seal or would you say that they should follow the solomonic ways to even be allowed to use them effectively?
Good on you for working directly with your own metals, I do that too and it's the best possible route.
If you follow tradition as closely as possible, you're fine. I don't believe you're 'disallowed' to do anything in magic; it's only about what works and what doesn't.

Return to “General Questions”