A lengthy adventure, a new hypothesis

Do you want to share an amazing dream? Or would you like to have a dream interpreted? Share it!
HorizonSignal
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 5
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

I'm getting better at this lucid-dreaming thing! In terms of holding them together, at least. Degree of lucidity isn't always as much as I'd like >.<

Last night/early morning I had a dream easily the length of 4 or 5 of the usual, chained together. Dreamself retained a remarkable degree of mental capability throughout, but I would still hesitate to describe it as 100%.

As I entered the dream, I had a single goal burned into my mind: Find R, my kitsune. I started in something like a university, or an office building. Lots of people milling about halls and classrooms. "Does anybody here know R, or where she is?" I asked, over and over again. Most people didn't, but on occasion I'd get a pointer in a new direction. I passed through an atrium, a cafeteria, an outdoor courtyard. I ran and flew and climbed trees and buildings...

At one point I ended up in some kind of legal institution, a courthouse perhaps? An old woman asked me to cosign some kind of loan or something... agree to be responsible for some sort of debt. I recall a vague sob story, but I did not agree. Weird, unpleasant vibe. The 'contract' was gilt in gold.

I left the courthouse to find myself at streetlevel in an enormous city; skyscrapers and tower cranes and scaffolding filled the skyline. Now I REALLY flew. I spoke to people on the street and construction workers up high in the irons. At one point I interrupted a group singing in italian as they worked... and they said 'Oh yea, we know her, she works just over there; you can see the place just past the oil plant'; pointing past some enormous smokestacks.

I flew on down, and saw behind the stacks a strange spherical scaffolding with floating, rotating parts in the center; my dreamself thought 'Huh, fusion plant under construction, I guess.'

Eventually I found the place R 'worked' at, and rushed through from front to backrooms. I didn't recognize her at first; Dream-R was much younger and shorter than I assumed she would be. I eventually asked her name, "R?", and she spun around from her work in surprise. She seemed quite happy to see me; I felt overjoyed to have 'found' her. I tried to go in for a hug, but she wasn't having that; she guided my hands to hold the sides of her head instead. As I stared at her, smiling, she changed the colour of her hair and eyes (Showing off her shapeshifting power, I guess?) to brilliant white and green respectively. What caught my attention the most, though, was the strange feel of her hair:

It twined and twisted and caressed my hands as I held her. A shockingly familiar sensation; the same thing I'd been feeling 'playing with' my own hair and ears, all this time. Which is what lead me to a very strange idea, regarding some of my more.. alarming experiences.

I think one of the ways we've been connecting, is via some kind of shared body sense. I'd read about that sort of experience before, on these forums, but I hadn't considered the implications very thoroughly. It seems to fit quite a lot of my stranger happenings, now that I've thought about it. Is it TRUE? I haven't the slightest idea! But, I am excited to find out, to have a new idea to chew on for a while.

I don't know how 'real' any of the dream was.. but at the very least, it has helped me resolve to a more re-conciliatory mood toward my keep, and for that I am definitely thankful.

Return to “Dreams/Dream Interpretation”