NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Speaking of the chat changes...

Magnolia - I can see people's IP addresses if I mouse over a little wifi looking icon next to their messages, and for some strange reason I've got the ability to delete or edit other people's posts. I have the @ symbol, the wifi IP symbol, the pencil, and the trashcan, for EVERYONE's Messages, and I know that can't be right.

I'm not sure what changes you've made to chat, but this one - seeing people's IP addresses and being able to edit and delete willynilly... should probably be fixed?

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

That is because you have moderator privileges as still assigned to your account as you are the group leader for the LHP forum. Moderators have the ability to see IP addresses to ensure there isn't anyone abusing the chat room by using multiple accounts from the same IP, and they are capable of deleting chat messages if they contain sexual, racist, or other significantly-offensive material. Obviously any mod caught abusing the privileges would be removed from duty.

Forum posts, however, still cannot be deleted and can only be archived.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I'm not on enough to be a moderator here, with my duties as a moderator on the S&S site. I'm too busy. Please remove me as a moderator - I have no desire to be responsible for CH members behaviors in chat on top of everything else I have going on.

With respect, I have said before that I didn't want to be a moderator here, even just in the chat capacity.

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Seeing people's IP addresses and being able to edit or delete their posts isn't enough to stop bad stuff from going down. Most chat systems let their mods have the ability to mute members or to kick them... and that's not possible here. You can't TRULY moderate chat with these tools, and I am NOT going to be held responsible for nonsense like what happened two days ago. I do NOT want to be a chat moderator for CH. Please fix this.

I will be abstaining from chat until it is fixed because deleting a suicide post is not enough of a response to situations like that.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

There isn't any fail-safe in this world to provide complete & absolute security for everyone, everywhere. Bad behavior is the element of humanity when there are multiple humans in a congregated location, whether it is here or S&S. Mods have the ability to ban someone, and they know how to utilize those tools. Banning someone removes them from the board & chat until action can be taken. So it is possible on CH for them to kick someone immediately, and you shouldn't make assumptions about things you are not trained to utilize. Your inclusion with the chat mod tools is singularly linked to your leadership on the LHP board.

In addition to the fact that every person here is responsible for themselves. If they make a threat to someone, or in some way cause them serious trouble, CH is not responsible and we cooperate with any law enforcement if we can provide them information which helps the situation.

I believe I explained myself well enough above in relation to mods tools & their discretion to moderate chat. Which did not specify anything related to a suicide post. It was related to offensive material - please refer to my comment in the thread.

I will remove you as a mod.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:I will remove you as a mod.
Thank you very much.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

At this point chat functions should be restored for all Registered users, Tenured, Journeyman, and Honored. All permissions should be fitting the level of membership you have and mods still have all mod capabilities that they had before which includes being able to see IP addresses of chatting members and being able to remove offending posts.

The rules are enforced the same for chat as the Forum, and if you make multiple accounts with the same IP address because you've been kicked on another username, your newly made accounts will be disabled. Be aware that if you are posting racist or offending remarks you're going to follow the channels of the rules here which includes:

- warning (which if it's bad enough this step is skipped)
- 3 day ban
- Demotion of account to lesser status
- 30 day ban
- Permanent ban

These aren't new things and mods have enforced the rules here since it opened. It's not difficult to behave yourself and conduct yourself with the same level of respect and kindness you want to experience from others.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:
Mizu-Taki wrote:BUMP this for Mrs. West (alarm magnolia) to see.
You might need to email HD directly for this : )
Definitely, email the help desk if theres anything you wish to address directly to Magnolia, or to the HD itself.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Sephiroth
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wolf
My magical/paranormal name...: sephiroth
Zodiac:

Still no chat here

WubbaLubbaDubDub
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

You may need to log out and log back in for the changes to take effect.

Return to “Report CH Site Issues”