Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Every few years we have this surge of complete misinformation which causes fractures of the entire community. PLEASE - I really am begging of you, take your Spirit Keeping journey seriously. PLEASE, stop & take a minute to learn from the extremely vast resources we have offered since day 1 of creating the Spirit Keeping community. PLEASE believe enough in yourself and your spirits to address what is real & what is possible, and what is NOT.

I promise each of you that you are each strong enough and wise enough to learn and stand on your own in this journey. I believe every person who has come here has the passion & knowledge, and the motivation & wisdom to be a true Spirit Keeper and really learn the truths of the Spirit Keeping journey.

PLEASE! Read the initial posts on this thread. PLEASE stop circulating inaccuracies and lies about Spirit Keeping. When you don't take the time to learn about real Spirit Keeping & what it is, and you say things that real Spirit Keepers know cannot be true, it makes others NOT want to take you seriously and you jeopardize any chance you have at a real experience.

PLEASE stop circulating the myth that spirits can be harmed, beaten, tortured, etc. PLEASE stop circulating the lie that spirits can die... they are already dead, that is why they are spirits. Learn the difference between spirits, entities, and souls. There is a HUGE and vast difference between those three things and the misinformation spread through people not well-educated or well-versed in what Spirit Keeping is only magnifies the issues and stigma this community receives from outsiders.

I realize it can sometimes be confusing as people use the words spirits, entities, and souls interchangeably, but there are very clear & exact differences between the 3.

I have spoken, on several occasions, to people in this community who have been here since the beginning, and who I know are well-educated in the practice of Spirit Keeping, and the cumulative thought amongst them it that it's not their job to educated newcomers when they repeat all the lies & fabrications outlined in this post, but I disagree, because it's essential that we stop people from repeating these lies & myths over and over again. It not only makes the entire Spirit Keeping community look ignorant, but it robs newcomers of any chance of real experiences in Spirit Keeping.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Sytheria
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 7
If I could be anything, I would be...: Safe
My magical/paranormal name...: Sytheria
Zodiac:

Thank you for this. I've been doing this for years and still I feel like I can still learn so much more. And that reminder to keep taking this seriously is needed.

We have so much knowledge on these posts, and we are connected to keepers all around the world. This information that would normally be kept hidden is right at our fingertips. Really important that we use it before just making a post disregarding what someone else is saying, or even discrediting the site.

Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

Thank you for the reminder and post. Since my return to the forum, I have been trying my best to help direct folks in the right direction. Going as far to point out that sometimes our own inner voice may get in the way of what some Keepers think is being said to them by a spirit, twisting knowledge from the truth. It hasn't always been welcome, but I do my best to help where I can.

Spirit Keeping is like any magickal path or practice, we are always learning, always improving. I learned a great deal from Creepy Hollows when I first joined years ago and its been a blessing and a stepping stone in my own journey. I hope that others will start to pursue the truth as they should and not look at myths and inaccuracies as Spirit Keeping "gospel."

S-I-Lover
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: tough question :)
If I could be anything, I would be...: Succubus
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Visioner

Very well said .... I am still a new member to all of this and to this forum, but I am glad for some wise words which seem to really come from the heart :)

Makes me feel more safe and appreciated as a newbie and hopefully will pretend any misinformation which others might would have given to me in the future ...

I also liked the other post as well about "getting advice from other members" ... both posts are in the same comforting direction, so that I can find my (new) way safely - good job and thanks !

Well - what to say - let's just see
DarkestFae
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubi
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My magical/paranormal name...: Alexandria

Hello. I am sort of new here and am a little bit confused. I need some clarification please. I was under the impression spirits and entities can be harmed. Especially when under attack. Isn't this https://shop.creepyhollows.com/custom-crocotta.html listing to protect against harmful attacks my companions? I was just looking at this listing not too long ago and was thinking of purchasing, but if they can't be harmed then do I not need this? Thank you in advance.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000

This is a perfect question for clarity! Some of the listings we wrote so long ago that they do not have the greater description that brings clarity.

Without a doubt so many of the things we take for granted that we think others know what we're talking about does need to be outlined in greater detail (on my behalf & Ash's behalf) and this kind of clarity is something we are working to achieve overall.

Crocottas are good for protective measures where spirit companions and connection with you are concerned. Crocottas are not for protective measures with the Keeper, as they are only talented in working on a spiritual level, providing spiritual guardianship to keep any form of interference from happening from hexes, curses, etc from outside sources.

First and foremost, all CH bindings come with protective enchantments that bar any spirit from CH being interacted with beyond their permission.

Second, this would be beneficial for any spirit that you summon or you have summoned by another practitioner and you are not sure what their methods are.

Third, the harmful attacks are not of a physical kind, because spirits are not physical, it is tampering as in interfering with any spirit's ability to communicate with you through blockages, curses, hexes, tampering with communication & ability to manifest, etc.

On a completely separate page, can entities be harmed? Yes, they are living entities. They are still alive in a physical form, no matter which Realm or dimension they are in. However, you would have to be able to overcome their own supernatural gifts and powers in order to harm them. Not to mention just as you would defend yourself or a loved one, so will they. Also bear in mind that they can get away from someone causing them trouble in a different Realm or dimension. They are not permanently tied to this Realm and if they sense an issue they are going to retreat. Again, CH entity bindings provides protection for the entity who is using the binding as a means of contact and interaction with you, and they cannot be tampered with by anyone outside.

Protection, no matter what, is essential when you are working with the supernatural. Hopefully the protective measures you put in place are "just in case" and don't have to be utilized. No matter what, protection is important when it comes to working with magic or Spirit Keeping, because the supernatural is everywhere and it's best to ensure an untampered journey.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
DarkestFae
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubi
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My magical/paranormal name...: Alexandria

Thank you for clearing things up!

Durona
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 12
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Box
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: I don't give this out
Zodiac:

Yes misinformation is everywhere these days. Not just for subjects like this but well all of them. Thanks internet.

BONK
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Thank you for this reminder! I think I have read the myths and lies post several times and it's a good reference when things feel confusing as a newcomer. I've seen a few posters make comments that do not make sense and I've avoided correcting them since I am very new to spirit keeping myself. I sometimes do not feel I should speak as any form of authority since I am so new, even though I now feel like I've been doing this long enough that these "basics" are part of my knowledgebase.

Return to “Messages & Updates”