new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 9
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I've never attempted tasking all that much, just due to how I don't want to ask something impossible of my keep and unintentionally angering or offending them. As for everyone here, what're some common things you ask across your keeps?

To Be Signed
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Dude I hardly ask anything of them since I had them conjured from CH. Crap now I'm worried they might be sad ; ___ ;

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

They would not get angry or sad if you don't task them maybe they will just feel frustrated because they are people who are active (unless it is a race that is focused on taskings things all the time).

In any case if your spirits/entities are with you it is mostly because they desire companionship. Tasking is asking for help to train yourself on abilities you want to develop or if you wish something in paarticular.
They can do "tasks" even when not asked because they like you and want you to be happy or help you (well , in fact , just like friends).

So don't worry too much about that , task them if you want and if they want and if it is not considered as obligation

divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hello,
I tried did task my keeps with small things first and big things after some interval
So far nothing in progress department.

TheLoot
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I don't mind including my keep with my everyday activities, but I'm still working on opening a psychic skill that would make two way communication possible. I like the thought of including them as I would a close friend or family member, I just don't want to stretch the capabilities of what they can do unintentionally. Which brings me back to the question: what do you commonly ask of your keep?

To Be Signed
Whitestar
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Too many to list!
If I could be anything, I would be...: My Serpent Familar
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Alba Stella
Zodiac:

Sounds like you are on the right track! Including them in everyday activities is a good way to bond! As for tasking I will usually ask my Volkh to cleanse my aura after a particularly rough day at work, or to shield me from the negative energies that others may be directing my way. I will usually ask my Waif Faery to help me handle stress and adversity. I will also ask my Caberra to help me be very charming with somebody I am interested in lol. Hopefully that was helpful.

Always seeking and always learning.
TheLoot
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I take their vessels with me to work for peace of mind, and today I asked if they'd send me some energy since I was feeling quite crappy when I woke up. However, I had an altercation on the road today, which is honestly a story for later, but I feel somewhat bad for that man considering I had ordered a wraith earlier in the week.

But I will probably expand any tasks that I can think of for the future.

To Be Signed
CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

It really depends on who/what you're tasking. As others said, including them in your everyday activities is helpful, but if you want to task them to do something along the lines of their capabilities? You can get some ideas from reviewing the listings of your being or looking in the FAQ. These are generalities, but for example, if you have a gryphon or a red dragon? Task them with helping you accumulate wealth and improving your prosperity.

If you have a silver dragon? Helping you with your communication skills and improving your mood.

A wraith or volkh? Task them with keeping dangerous/unwanted unbounds and influences out of your space.

A unicorn or phoenix? With healing and cleansing you/your space.

Those are just a few ideas, but you can get more specific depending on the capabilities of your companion(s).

As for those of you looking to improve your skills to be able to sense your companions, they will of course help you with that if you ask them to, and that can be part of what you task them with, but you also need to work on that from your end. Any task you give them should take some effort on your part to make happen as well. For example, if you are sick, simply asking your companions to fix it without actually going to a doctor for meds or treatment? That's not how it works. They can help you to get over an illness or injury faster, but you still need to put a splint on a broken limb. If you want to make more money? You're not going to get a better paying job sitting on your butt without sending out a few resumes and attempting to get yourself in front of the people who schedule interviews.

In short, they'll improve your chances of finding what you're looking for or making something happen faster if you task them, but they can't always make what you want happen without a little effort from you. That includes opening up your communication skills and senses to perceive them.

Anyway, to improve your communication skills, take a look at the following (recommended in this order to build understanding of concepts discussed in the later threads) for some tips:
1) What About The Other Chakras?
2) Nyctophilia Raven's Chakra Lessons
3) It's Not As Hard As You're Making It
4) Get Started Communicating NOW With Your Spirits!
5) A Guide to Connecting for Non-Psychics and for Skeptics
6) Satan & Suns Parastock Seminar: Sensing, Feeling...
7) Interaction Tips (this thread was about Alphas, but I'm sure you'll still find the exercises in it useful)[/quote]

Best of luck to you all, and I hope that helps!

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Keep in mind I'm a long-term keeper and practitioner so my techniques when it comes to communicating and involving my spiritual companions (or spirit in general) are more advanced.
However in terms of casual involvement I may realize I need something to happen or need some manner of support on the go, and as I am recognizing this I would ask whichever spirits are not busy who specialize in that area if they could help out --loosely noting the terms of that involvement while I am at it.
I would recommend making a small offering or exchange since you're not able to communicate properly yet, and as you develop you can shift that practice a little to focus on your desires or intentions --see what kind of presence comes through/is attracted to assist you and acknowledge them.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

In addition to what others have said here, if you have developed a communication method with your spirit (telepathy, pendulum, tarot, runes, automatic writing, etc) I would recommend asking them what sorts of things they can help you with. The CH Encyclopedia is a good guide for general race abilities, but I have found many of my spirits' abilities are also linked to skills and magickal knowledge they learned in life and do not necessarily stem from only the traits listed in the CH Encyclopedia.

For example, my succubus has helped me in learning to identify types of energy, the energy signatures of each spirit, assisted in cleansing negative energies from my aura, and has attempted a couple of magickal lessons utilizing emotional and sexual energy as a base energy for spells. Some of these subjects are not obvious for a succubus spirit to possess.

Return to “Spirit Tasking”