Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote:
Ishvala wrote: You're right. Which is why adding a block feature would be more effective no?
Being blocked from chat? That's what they did now, every newbie is blocked from chat until off being supervised. You can just make some people permanent newbies.
No, that's not what I meant. I meant implementing a block list for members, that way if a member feels "harassed" by another member for whatever reason they can add them to that list and simply not have to see them in chat/forums etc.

Effectively ending future scuffles before they start. At least, that would be the idea.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
uncle sid
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Idk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My magical/paranormal name...: No idea
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote:
Aprophis wrote:
Ishvala wrote: You're right. Which is why adding a block feature would be more effective no?
Being blocked from chat? That's what they did now, every newbie is blocked from chat until off being supervised. You can just make some people permanent newbies.
No, that's not what I meant. I meant implementing a block list for members, that way if a member feels "harassed" by another member for whatever reason they can add them to that list and simply not have to see them in chat/forums etc.

Effectively ending future scuffles before they start. At least, that would be the idea.
They already have that, it's called the foe system. You add usernames to your foe list and they are blocked for you. its under the freind/foe tab on your user control panel.

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Unclesid wrote:
Ishvala wrote:
Aprophis wrote:

They already have that, it's called the foe system. You add usernames to your foe list and they are blocked for you. its under the freind/foe tab on your user control panel.
Mizu was advised to use it. He refused. His comment: "How will I know Wolves is picking on me if I can't see what he's writing?"

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

Unclesid wrote:
Ishvala wrote:
Aprophis wrote:

That is ingenious! And a good way to prevent conflicts and/or drama between members.

uncle sid
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Idk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My magical/paranormal name...: No idea
Zodiac:

I already blocked mizu, theres nothing else i can do for him. I tried to help and wasted my time, It's the first time i ever used the foe system. I can't even read anything he posts, i get 2 words in and its all lies and deceit.

Anyway, if you want the drama or whatever to end, stop bringing it up guys. It happened, its over. Will it happen again?

I dunno, but it won't be involving me this time.

Because in all honesty, i'm going to back off helping people that don't want any help and are obviously ignoring any advice or honest answers to their questions. That should be a red flag for anyone, but im too stubborn to back off.

Lets just enjoy what we have, chats back. Not so much to new members....but it's something.

Thats all i got to say about this, Peace.

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

Unclesid wrote: Anyway, if you want the drama or whatever to end, stop bringing it up guys. It happened, its over. [...] Lets just enjoy what we have, chats back. Not so much to new members....but it's something.

Solid advice right there, Unclesid. Peace.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Good point Sid. Didn't know the foe system existed (still new). Thanks for letting me know. Sorry you had to deal with the above. Best of luck.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
luisboy123
new here
new here
You are...: new to this

creepyhollows wrote:Newly registered users cannot access chat because there were too many new names being created without any validation, so this curbs anyone who is banned from immediately making a new name and accessing chat.
Ah... I see, so does that mean I have to become a registered user to view the chat?

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

luisboy123 wrote:
creepyhollows wrote:Newly registered users cannot access chat because there were too many new names being created without any validation, so this curbs anyone who is banned from immediately making a new name and accessing chat.
Ah... I see, so does that mean I have to become a registered user to view the chat?
Yes - it also means that you have to be here long enough to come off moderated posts. It doesn't take long. I think it's 30 posts or something.

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
OwlSpirit
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 1
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: RavenFlight
Zodiac:

Unclesid wrote:I already blocked mizu, theres nothing else i can do for him. I tried to help and wasted my time, It's the first time i ever used the foe system. I can't even read anything he posts, i get 2 words in and its all lies and deceit.

Anyway, if you want the drama or whatever to end, stop bringing it up guys. It happened, its over. Will it happen again?

I dunno, but it won't be involving me this time.

Because in all honesty, i'm going to back off helping people that don't want any help and are obviously ignoring any advice or honest answers to their questions. That should be a red flag for anyone, but im too stubborn to back off.

Lets just enjoy what we have, chats back. Not so much to new members....but it's something.

Well said Sid, well said. I completely agree.

Return to “Report CH Site Issues”