Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Tracking Tasking

Postby Regholdain » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:46 pm

What do you guys do to track your spirit tasking? I tend to track what I've asked my spirits to help with in the back of my mind (especially short-term stuff that I hope for them to work on over the course of the week), but I feel like they have so many tasks that are sort of open-ended (like protection) that sometimes they are busy and unavailable. I can't always remember what open-ended tasks I've assigned them, so then when they seem distant I can't figure out what they might be off doing. Of course, they can always do whatever else they want that has nothing to do with me or anything they are tasked, but I never know if I'm the cause of their being too busy for me, if you know what I mean.

How do you keep track of what you've assigned what spirit, or the entire keep, or a group, including time frames and the like? I'm just looking for some suggestions because if I try to do this in a journal I won't be able to go back and figure it out. The journal will just be too long to sift through.

Catgirl2
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure!
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!

Re: Tracking Tasking

Postby Catgirl2 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:47 pm

I only started tasking my spirits recently-it wasn't any thing I had asked them to do before-but a few of them asked if I was comfortable doing so & I told them if they want to be tasked I'm ok with it as long as they want to! I keep track of it by what it is I am tasking them with-like if I am sending them to keep my cats company-which they like doing anyways! I recently asked one of my protective spirits to keep an eye on my apartment because I got a new neighbor & I felt they were sending their bad energy my way since their apartment is next to mine! I actually find it a bit difficult tasking them because some times I feel like I am tasking them to do something & end up feeling like I am taking advantage or being unrealistic!

divineseeker
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Postby divineseeker » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:23 pm

Hello,
I have not delegated task to my keeps yet, extensively. This is something I am keen on. I think I will go by journalling. Easier to keep track.

Nienna
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Postby Nienna » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:33 pm

Regholdain wrote:What do you guys do to track your spirit tasking? I tend to track what I've asked my spirits to help with in the back of my mind (especially short-term stuff that I hope for them to work on over the course of the week), but I feel like they have so many tasks that are sort of open-ended (like protection) that sometimes they are busy and unavailable. I can't always remember what open-ended tasks I've assigned them, so then when they seem distant I can't figure out what they might be off doing. Of course, they can always do whatever else they want that has nothing to do with me or anything they are tasked, but I never know if I'm the cause of their being too busy for me, if you know what I mean.

How do you keep track of what you've assigned what spirit, or the entire keep, or a group, including time frames and the like? I'm just looking for some suggestions because if I try to do this in a journal I won't be able to go back and figure it out. The journal will just be too long to sift through.

If i can advise you to write in a notebook the tasks , it is way simplier and you will keep track of them more easily.
You write the date , the task , to who and when you finish a task you put a sign.

You can add comments , like the results or how the spirit/entity handled it

Regholdain
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this

Postby Regholdain » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Catgirl2 wrote:I only started tasking my spirits recently-it wasn't any thing I had asked them to do before-but a few of them asked if I was comfortable doing so & I told them if they want to be tasked I'm ok with it as long as they want to! I keep track of it by what it is I am tasking them with-like if I am sending them to keep my cats company-which they like doing anyways! I recently asked one of my protective spirits to keep an eye on my apartment because I got a new neighbor & I felt they were sending their bad energy my way since their apartment is next to mine! I actually find it a bit difficult tasking them because some times I feel like I am tasking them to do something & end up feeling like I am taking advantage or being unrealistic!

I was worried at first too, but after tasking a few things and realizing they want to help, I don't hesitate to ask anymore. I've also learned more about some of their abilities so I've learned who to ask for what sort of help, and otherwise I just let instinct guide me. My problem is I feel I've given them so much to do that sometimes they're too busy to spend time with. Especially my succubus (I). She seems very busy lately and I can't figure out what she's up to. I haven't really asked her though.

Regholdain
neophyte
neophyte

Postby Regholdain » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:49 pm

Nienna wrote:If i can advise you to write in a notebook the tasks , it is way simplier and you will keep track of them more easily.
You write the date , the task , to who and when you finish a task you put a sign.

You can add comments , like the results or how the spirit/entity handled it

That's not a bad suggestion. I'll have to consider this while I organize some other related things in notebooks (like building a catalog of my bindings).

Regholdain
neophyte
neophyte

Postby Regholdain » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:10 pm

I've decided to use OneNote for my Spirit Keeping, including goals and tasks. It's still a work in progress, but it's shaping up to be quite a massive organization undertaking and turning out quite nice.

Return to “Spirit Tasking”