venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Funny thing, I thought it would be weird to request a binding of a human spirit. It just never appealed to me. I requested an Anything in Your Blood reading from CH and it comes with ancestor bindings. For some reason I expected that to mean a binding of the non-human ancestor themselves, and I neglected to notice that it would be the ancestor I would be closest to from their union.

So, long story short, I have three human hybrid ancestors added to my keep, which I suppose is close enough to being "human" to post here.

I'm not sure how to approach ancestors from such a long time ago, and the fact that they more or less are from a time when non-humans were among them is very interesting. However, I am not certain where to start with these spirits.

How have you all approached bonding with your ancestor spirits? What has your experience been in relation to how it differs from any of your other non-human spirits in your keep? Any pointers for someone new to working with an ancestor spirit?

Cult
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: distilled spirits

Ancestral veneration is a very traditional practice that's far more beneficial than people realize.

Most traditions dictate that you offer them food and drink, light, water, and certain necromantic incenses such as tobacco and mallow.

It's always interesting to see people start to do ancestor work. It's very lucky and it offers a layer of protection that's largely overlooked. These spirits are personally invested in you and your life in an extremely intimate way.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Thanks for the advice Cult.

I had a tobacco scented candle at one point and really liked it. Never knew tobacco was associated with necromancy. Fascinating.

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Cult wrote:Ancestral veneration is a very traditional practice that's far more beneficial than people realize.

Most traditions dictate that you offer them food and drink, light, water, and certain necromantic incenses such as tobacco and mallow.
My late great grandmother used to do that all the time. I can almost smell the incense she would always burn. *Wipes a tear. Well I had opted for a binding of my ancestors this time for the AIYB reading and I have an Immortal in my blood yay. In fact some of those powers may still be active in me as another reading from CH said I have un-tapped immortal magick/immortal powers that are just beneath the surface.

Basically:
So learning more about yourself, your family's history (especially mines when I don't have knowledge of anyone beyond my Grand Parents,) 20/10 would recommend.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

I have elf, fae, and troll in my blood... Thing is I mostly avoid those types of spirits directly. All of the elves and fae in my keep are surprise results from BOGO Reverse Adoptions. LOL

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Don't I know that.

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

I found this post that Magnolia posted: post63317.html?hilit=ancestral%20spirits#p63317

Which could help answer (some of) your question, but my experience with ancestral spirits that are non-human is that they are incredibly sweet, understanding and helpful. E.g. I was afraid that they may be upset because they are Merfolk and we humans eat fish, but they were very understanding of the situation and didn't react as I feared they would (upset and disgusted and in disbelief over this fact), rather they expressed that understanding. I don't know if any of this is helpful but as I said previously: this is my experience with non-human ancestral spirits. : )

EDIT: My apologies, I didn't see that the OP posted their questions back in November 2018. Then please disregard my post.

Return to “Human”