Marilee
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Re: What Tree do you grow from?

Postby Marilee » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Just an edit to add teachers and teaching, mentors and mentoring as well as nurturers and nurturing to my branches.

Garvix
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Forest Cake
If I could be anything, I would be...: Eating Cake
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Go to Awake

Postby Garvix » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:56 am

Okay...

I'll play along...

Roots - The foundation of all... The beginning and end... Death

Trunk - On top of that... Decay... That which occurs with all things...

Branches - And this is where it gets fun... Psychopomp, Reanimation, Cursing, Cake, Secrets, Aligning the Stars, Cthulhu Fhtagn, Various forms of Cake, Embalming Fluid, Spirit and Soul Manipulation, Not Pie, Empty Graves, Occupied Graves, Experimentation, A lot of Fire, Collecting items of the Dead and Black Forest Cake

The Universe is Hostile... So Impersonal... Devour to Survive.... So It Is, So It's always been....

Verita
neophyte
neophyte

Postby Verita » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:29 am

It's really cool to see all the responses and how they vary from person to person. Keep them coming!

DualWanderer3
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 23
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby DualWanderer3 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:56 am

I guess I could say what I feel mine would be on here to at least put down how I feel right now since I don't know what I would say in a post talking about it if I could even figure out where to post it.

My roots:emotion,logic,instinct,truth,freedom

My trunk:inteligents,understanding,actuality,endurence,unknown,hard to understand,duality

My branches: conflict,desire,heartache,tranquility,confusion,contentment,uncertenty,acceptence,anticipation,commpeting with everyone eltses branches,vigalins,empethy,ampethy,worry,dread,mixed emothions,craving, death,life,crualty,love,unwanted,wanted,serching,loss,gain,equality,seperation,distaine,longing,lacking ampetud,tired,hope,containment,holding back,trying hard,unpredictable,predictable,indicisive, vengence,justic,inbetween,light,darkness.

blessed be

WhimsicalSage
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby WhimsicalSage » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:15 pm

Lets have a go.

Roots: Definitely love in some form which would be story and choice.
Trunk: This could be numerous... :think: I reckon luv and choice, temptation, also destiny and myth.
Branches: There is so much here that could fill a book. Desire to sin and temptation, myth and choices in myth and story, consequences and destiny, and so much more.

Formerly known as Jumbo/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
"Destiny awaits us all." - The ghosts and technically me

ravenspiritdancer64
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cambion
If I could be anything, I would be...: werewolf/werebear
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Spiritdancer

Postby ravenspiritdancer64 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:56 pm

Interesting Topic!

Roots: That large, conscious, amorphous, unknowable creative force which we call God. In order for humans to understand this force, we have broken it up into bits, given the bits names and aspects, thereby becoming all Gods and Goddesses that have ever existed, or will ever exist. This force shows itself to me in the guise of Loki of the Norse Pantheon, and Hecate of the Greek Pantheon.

Trunk: The personal philosophy of "Don't start no sh*t but don't take no sh*t"

Branches: Love, Strength, Healing, Humor, Protection, Art, Poetry, Business, Spirits, Spirit Keeping, Literature, DA Magick, Dogs.

"It's ok to talk to yourself. It's even ok to argue with yourself, but, if you argue with yourself and you lose, you are in trouble."

4 Spirit so far: "WM", part of the Tuatha De Danann but one who has chosen to reincarnate many times; "L", a Bja Alliance High Elf, custom conjure, to help me with physical healing. "C" and "M" , both Cambions.

Rungr
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: other deities
If I could be anything, I would be...: my primordial self
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rungr or Loptr

Postby Rungr » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:33 am

My roots [foundation] My primordial true self, often called different names in mythology, specifically Norse. Being my own higher power.

My trunk [what you build on top of your foundation] My ability to transverse planes and connect with other beings, divination, and forms of soul manipulation.

My branches [what grows from your 'roots' and 'trunk'] Understandings, furthering abilities in what I find I can do, connection to reincarnated past life individuals now in this life with me and overall my walking the right path.

Energy worker who does soul work, projection, divination, and otherkin of the Norse Pantheon.

divineseeker
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Postby divineseeker » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:44 am

Hello,
Nice to see responses here. I try to answer metaphorically using tv series.

Roots: Lost
Trunk: The walking dead
Branches: Curb your enthusiasm

Ishvala
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 29
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Arts
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Postby Ishvala » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:28 am

This is interesting, I'll take a shot at it.

My roots [foundation] would be my inner divine, my higher self, my sense of self, individuality, necessity to learn/grow consistently as a being of immortal possibility, whatever you wish to call it.

My trunk [what you build on top of your foundation] Sensual dark energy that explores, infects, corrodes, and rebirths over and over in order to fully comprehend and expand all that it's exposed to.

My branches [what grows from your 'roots' and 'trunk'] would be consistent obligation, redirection, intuition, passion, loyalty, honesty, dominance, submission, almost "chaotic" balance, servitude, efficiency, healing abilities, destructive prowess, sensual sensibilities, creative pursuits, internal power, external endurance, inherant tolerance.

Return to “Duality”