venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

So over the past four months I have learned a lot in my journey, and I can tell that I've just scratched the surface. I have quite a mix of spirits in my keep, with 13 Dark Arts and 8 White Arts Spirits. Mind you, I count 3 Human Hybrid Ancestor spirits among the Dark Arts, which I place there due to being part Human despite that 2 of them were hybrids from White Arts race couplings.

At any rate, I've got a hefty number of spell bindings as well; let's say 25 off the top of my head, and I've been careful to only order Neutral Arts spell bindings because, well, I want to keep a "balance" as it were, and more to the point I just wasn't sure what would work best for me.

What I've noticed is that most of my spirit interactions and bonding so far tends to be only with my DA spirits. While these have not gone perfectly, I feel I am just more attuned to them. In fact you might say I have not truly bonded with any of my WA spirits yet since I am continually called toward those of darker, seedier, and more primal or base natures. In addition, most of the WA spirits are from Reverse Adoptions or new races that were from BOGO freebies, with just 3 being specifically sought out by me.

TL;DR: I've come to discover I am more attuned to Dark Arts spirits.

I thought I would seek advice here on what you all do, if anything, to attune more closely to one Arts of spirit over the other for bonding and interaction when you are more naturally attuned elsewhere? In addition, how different are those interactions for you - that is, are communication, bonding in general, sensing, seeing, hearing and etc. all more difficult with the spirits that you are less attuned to or do the Arts not really play a role in your senses from your experience?

(I do use the Mantras for Spirts in the CH Encyclopedia when I feel I need to, but I didn't know if any of you had other methods you work with as well.)

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Human and human hybrid are considered DA by CH standard : )

Mmh just focus on bonding and connecting with the art that you're not used to for a month or more?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

That's just too easy Darkwing... LOL

Actually, I love your concise, direct and clear advice. Ever to the point. This was too simple an answer for me to pursue. LOL

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Why thank you : p

Mmm I'm sure you can find longer, more detail methods of connecting and distinguishing energy somewhere in the forum, or google.

But the problem I find is that detailed method may limit improvisation or adjustment for each individual. It should work perfectly for its creator/writer, may work well for some people, but not as effectively for others. E.g. the "Imagine you're walking in the forest,..." thingy, what if the person has never gone to the forest, thus can't imagine forest clearly? Or what if his/her inner realm is more attuned to ocean or desert, or even building?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

You make a good point and I do agree that many things with this path are subjective. I just try to use my instincts to work with or adapt methods to what "feels right" for me.

I have found Robert Bruce's tactile imaging to be rather useful for making energy work approachable since there's not a lot of "visualization", just using your internal sense of body awareness.

laalbieglna
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 425
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: My Own Companions
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
Zodiac:

Basically what's already been said, just give it time and be diligent about working with each spirit, even if you don't experience anything yet. Personally I think out individual resonance -- not just whether something is listed as DA or WA or difficult or for beginners or whatever -- is huge. I can't think of any DA spirits I've had an adverse reaction to, yet one powerful WA spirit (my first reverse adoption Duojna) had one of the most powerful physical manifestations I've ever experienced, made me literally almost crap myself out of fear, and gave me some serious gastrointestinal distress and headaches every time I worked with him for the first few months. But we did acclimate. Alternately, there are some DA spirits I feel very close to, but have never had a physical interaction the way I did with him. Guess is underscores all of our individuality. Be encouraged that your WA spirits were reverse adoptions or random gifts -- there is definitely something there for you and it sounds like the are both patient with you and eager to work with you eventually.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”