Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Annunaki
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Greetings

I have been planning on which bindings I wanted to order and for protection I was wondering if Gargoyles were the best choice since they're naturally known for protecting against evil. Is there a better choice or is a gargoyle the way to go?

Thank you.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I know gargoyles have a great reputation.

My own basic team is a fylgia, three volkh and four courtwind angels, and I've been very happy with them. But I've still got a gargoyle-shaped opening. :)

I'd say at a minimum get a volkh anyway. The maintenance is pretty much nonexistent.

So long as you are adding protection, though, you can't be headed in the wrong direction.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Naru
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels and Abchanchu
Zodiac:

They are a good choice for beginners, or those wanting to dip their toes into the Dark Arts with a spirit that is (generally) on the lighter side of the spectrum, or anyone who just generally wants a good spirit for protection that is unquestioningly loyal and fierce against negative influences and unbounds in your life.

Mine is very wise and has taught lessons to me in the past about organic and Earthen energies and using the power of the Earth to cleanse, and is very grounding, as well.

I don't think you could go wrong with getting one. (:

Also, there isn't really a "best" spirit for anything, there is only whichever spirits are best for YOU and which resonate with YOU best at that point in time. So if you feel called to get a gargoyle, then I say go for it. But if you feel like a different spirit is better for you, then that is the better way to go.

NARU
~She/Her~

blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

The good thing about Gargoyles is that they are very obedient, they are, for me, are a neutral yet powerful forces of energy. They are not as scary and as intimidating as Wraiths or other protctive DA spirits. Gargoyles are easy to deal with, perfect for beginners.

Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

8 years ago, when I started keeping spirits/entities, my first protective spirit was a Volkh... next, I went with 4 Courtwind Angels, a couple of Gargoyles, and a wraith. Over the years, as I grew accustomed to the darker energies, I added, literally, an army of protective beings... ranging from Watchers, Fallen Angels, Vampires, Lighter-natured demons (but, only from a very trusted conjurer), and mainly dark elves and fae. Black dragons, hydra, and Norse Berserkers are in the mix.
But, really.... almost any of the beings you have bound to you will have your back. Some are warriors, some are magickal, some are beings who can put up a scary persona and scare off any would-be attackers.
The main thing is to go with what you feel comfortable with at the current moment. As time goes by, your comfort level will change, and there will be others you will want to add to your family.

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
Calin
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them

Well worth it! They are much more than guardians: build your spiritual chops, learn how to talk to them and hear them. They can take you to all sorts of places via astral travel. They were some of my strongest spirits from CH actually. I confess I have neglected my guys of late, but they are still guarding my house and person. Sweet little guys. Go for it!

Jasperr
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: Chinese Fox
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Frrog Myrtle
Zodiac:

My first protective spirit was a gargoyle. She's very lovely and sweet, yet she has this distinctive stoic energy about her. I have 3 now and each of them are extremely light in their arts, not white but not too dark either. If you haven't delved into DA quite yet, they're definitely a good beginner. They are loyal as all get out and very respectful.

Return to “Gargoyle”