Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

This thread is going to address the larger issues with misinformation and confusion in the Spirit Keeping community. Please use this thread, or start your own, for discussions related to the borderline, fringe, or alternative beliefs that inhabit the Spirit Keeping community.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

The biggest trouble? The things we perceive are often happening on our internal plane. Independent verification can be hard to come by.

Until a person attains a level of experience, to discern between internally-generated stimuli and externally-generated things, some of the things they think they are perceiving might be simply their mind playing back either the things they desperately want to be true, or the things they fear most.

It’s why we see folks getting upset and posting panicky threads, especially if they’re early in their meta journey. It’s a part of the learning process for a lot of people to experience that stage.

But then, the trouble can be compounded if the upset person refuses to let calmer third parties, especially ones with a lot of experience, talk them down off the window ledge and allay their fears.

It takes time to learn to differentiate between self-generated experiences, sights, and sounds, vs. the things taking place outside one’s internal plane.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
no name
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: no anwer
If I could be anything, I would be...: no answer
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: no answer

As far as the discussion about Summer's bindings is concerned, I am nearly deaf and blind to spirit activity, so I can not confirm the accusations made, but to be on the safe side I bound my vamp from her to my Master Vessel from Creepy Hollows and I hope that, if he has suffered, he will now feel happy. :)

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

First of all, the vast majority of newbies will take up any offer for 'free conjure' or 'free spell', without even caring to look into the experience or true character of said conjurer.
This could be their very first experience with the metaphysical, and if something is amiss with the result, the whole of their involvement could potentially be ruined.
They need to understand that allowing someone to deal with energies and presences on their behalf that will impact their spirit and their entire life is SERIOUS. It isn't just some fun and harmless plaything, this can have serious consequence, the practitioner in question should be earning your trust before you dive in and you should be training yourself in at least a little discernment before making those kinds of decisions.
So the misconception here is that you can trust anything and anyone and have it be exactly as stated or expected.
And this leads to my next point..

People can seem to believe that they don't need any sort of basis before venturing into spirit-keeping. They rush in and then think things are not working or spirits aren't there just because they do not hear or see or feel anything. The issue is more often than not YOU the person, and you need to work on your discernment for a multitude of reasons if you want to have the best experience.
It can take years for you to discern a spell is working or get vivid communication with a spirit companion. This is not a path of immediacy, it's a path you devote yourself to. People are becoming discouraged to tragic degrees because they didn't take their time to really absorb this reality when they first came into the scenario, don't do yourself that injustice. Don't rush. Take your time and enjoy it. If you cannot do that, it's not for you.

Next, this is veering to more seller-based topic but I feel like it needs to be said as it impacts the experience of those here. While we are part of a community to exchange our experiences, it also happens to be a hub for sellers who weigh into those experiences -- these are usually who start people off on their journeys or are entrusted to help pave the way and so the attention to that is necessary.
It honestly seems to me people judge how trustworthy a conjurer is at their work very frequently based on 1.) the notes/details and information of a spirit binding (how SHINY it sounds and suited to their ideal),
or 2.) how compliant or social the practitioner is in communication.
Neither of those things = actual experience with the work that was done. As a practitioner myself I appreciate the sentiment that comes of exchanges with my clients, but I'd much rather them review their experiences.
The 'oh she's so nice, gave me this discount, top notch practitioner' type of review, does not honor or respect what is actually being done and can really skew your perception as one partaking of the path. Next thing you know you place less emphasis *within your own journey* to the quality of an experience and more to the quantity and what you believe it to be.
So if you hear that kind of review for someone else, I would advise to take it with a grain of salt in formulating your decision to trust them and to reflect on what is actually meaningful to your experience.

That comes down to a deeper subject.. a huge issue with so many is they become fixated on being given what they want or have convinced themselves they can handle, and only that may please them.. rather than the openness to what they may actually need or can legitimately handle at this point. We need to be real with ourselves.

A more personal trouble echoes Likes2Read's mention of things going on internally. A great deal of persons are prone to thinking that something crazy is going on with them, whether all too grandiose or extremely malicious. The MAJORITY of those persons are incorrect about what they perceive. There are OTHER explanations besides those extremes, don't let yourself fall into psychological traps.

For that matter, the potential that delusion exists with a situation will ALWAYS be there. When we avoid calling out the potential that someone may be very ill physically, emotionally or otherwise and that this is influencing their situation, we are only propagating their torment and that of others who may come to believe all of these scenarios are going to happen on their journey.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

P.S.
IF YOU HAVE A SPIRIT WITH YOU OF A 'ONCE LIVING' BEING, IT MEANS THEY ARE DEAD.

How many times I've read someone asking if their spirits can die is absolutely inane.
'They're already dead'. Prepare for the shock of your life.

Also have got to call out the presumption that living beings are more powerful than spirit beings because they are alive, that holds absolutely no true basis because the living can do things the dead cannot but the dead can also do things the living cannot. If you connect better with living entities than spirits, you're just aligned differently.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:This thread is going to address the larger issues with misinformation and confusion in the Spirit Keeping community. Please use this thread, or start your own, for discussions related to the borderline, fringe, or alternative beliefs that inhabit the Spirit Keeping community.
It might be a good idea to make a thread about "myth, lies, ..." for living entity keeping, just like this one for spirit keeping:
topic10663.html

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I agree with both Noct and L2R... there's quite a bit more work involved in Spirit Keeping than just buying the binding. The need to develop and practice senses cannot be overstated. Having only just become a new keeper over the last few months, I question half of my own conversations and interactions, at least, constantly.

I realize everyone probably reads my posts with a hefty grain of salt, and all I can hope is that I am being clear enough that they are being posted for feedback and not to be taken at face value. Some interactions I know are real, and some conversations, and sometimes I am just hoping I'm not talking to myself or seeing what my imaginative subconscious wants to show me. LOL

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

One way to avoid pitfalls: as a beginner, DO NOT ask loaded questions or questions of the life-altering variety. This means no “Do you want to be rehomed”, no “Are you sick of my inability to perceive”, and — this is a biggie — no “Does that person I have the crush on like me back?” If you want to find out how your crush feels, ask your crush, not your spirits, especially when you’re at the beginning of the journey and working to differentiate between self-generated and externally-generated impressions.

These have all been topics that spurred panic threads. Spare yourself a lot of heartache and avoid those pitfalls. When you’re learning to swim, you don’t jump off an ocean liner in the open sea without a life preserver. You start out in a pool or other place where your feet can touch the bottom.

Start with things that can be verified in the real world, that aren’t emotionally charged. ONE digit from the daily lottery number, for example. (NO BETTING, please, just the predicting of one digit.) Or maybe you’ll like my new favorite: predicting one digit from the bus/train car number, while I’m waiting for public transit. It’s easily verified. When the vehicle arrives, either it’s number contains that digit or it doesn’t. You can also find suggestions in the “Get started communicating with your spirits NOW” thread in the Spirit Tasking subforum.

Do those things, avoid emotionally-charged questions, and your metaphysical journey will start out more smoothly.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
S-I-Lover
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: tough question :)
If I could be anything, I would be...: Succubus
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Visioner

So as a newbie I don't feel it would be right for me to join this tread and to leave "any" comment, since I most likely need to learn first before I talk ;)

But at least I could give you all my experience regarding this Topic ...

When I first saw the title of this topic I thought it would be some kind of "myths and lies" about spirit keeping ... now I saw in the post of "darkwing dook", that there is already a thread existing for spirits ...

So in the beginning in this forum, I was flooded with different informations and threads, so I did miss the one about "MYTHS, LIES & OTHER FABRICATIONS OF KNOWLEDGE" mentioned above.

This might happen to other newbies as well ... so I would tune in with the idea of the other writers, that a common, general place (e.g. encyclopedia ? a special topic in the top section of the forum ?) for this would be great for any beginner.

Also to do the same for (living) entities seems to make sense as well.

And to add another idea: how about to add those "myth+lies" information to the spirit keep book ... meaning giving all the information again, but just from another perspective ?

How about to send any new customer automatically the spirit keeping book or at least drastically ask the newbie to read this book first ?

Just thinking ....

Well - what to say - let's just see
Chimella
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:The biggest trouble? The things we perceive are often happening on our internal plane. Independent verification can be hard to come by.

Until a person attains a level of experience, to discern between internally-generated stimuli and externally-generated things, some of the things they think they are perceiving might be simply their mind playing back either the things they desperately want to be true, or the things they fear most.

It takes time to learn to differentiate between self-generated experiences, sights, and sounds, vs. the things taking place outside one’s internal plane.
My view exactly, the first trouble or challenge is to learn to differentiate between your own thoughts and the thoughts imposed upon you. Your spirits are always trying to communicate telepathically, but most of time we just don't notice it or we thought of it as one of our own thoughts and brush it aside. It took me a long time to learn this. One tip for newbies, if a thought comes after you spent a long time pondering about it, then it's most likely your own thoughts; but if a thought comes suddenly, like out of nowhere, then it's usually outside communications.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”