You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: vamps
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

can u see better at night. places that are really dark that you cant see. i mean roads that are very dark you cant see because it is very dark.. will u see green during the night? like night vision goggles. will your eyes see green.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Mm don't think so.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Naru
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels and Abchanchu
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

You will never achieve ACTUAL night vision, but you might be able to achieve a stronger ability to sense your way around in the dark, or a slightly better ability to see in lower-light situations, or something like that. Hardly-noticeable to SLIGHT improvements could be possible, I'm sure, but spirits can't give you super powers or alter you physically in such drastic ways. Magick, Spirits and the paranormal aren't like what you see in the movies. The movies are all SO exaggerated and the real thing is much less flashy.

NARU
~She/Her~

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

If anything, magick will enhance the night vision (or level thereof) that you already have. And honestly, humans have pretty good night vision already. Your eyes can adapt to low light conditions, which usually take 20 minutes to adapt 10% and 40-60 mins ro reach 80% , while it can take anywhere from hours to more than a day to reach the peak of their ability. There also the Purkinje effect (wiki link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purkinje_effect ) which is also part of dark adaptation.

So really, your body's natural ability to see in the dark is probably better than what you assume. Food for thought.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

(Sit in a dark room for a long time. Cover one eye. Go about your day with your eye covered. When you walk into a dark area, or night comes, uncover the covered eye. Bam. Night vision.) Sorry, couldn't help it... Yes, it's a joke. And it's true.

I have several spirits I suspect see quite well in dark conditions. However, my night vision is still horrid. So I would not count on it. 2wk

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Regholdain wrote:(Sit in a dark room for a long time. Cover one eye. Go about your day with your eye covered. When you walk into a dark area, or night comes, uncover the covered eye. Bam. Night vision.) Sorry, couldn't help it... Yes, it's a joke. And it's true.

I have several spirits I suspect see quite well in dark conditions. However, my night vision is still horrid. So I would not count on it. 2wk
Did you ever see the Mythbusters episode that deemed the theory plausible that the pirates’ eye patch was to keep one eye constantly night-vision ready by covering it? Then they could go from full-sunlight above deck to much-darker below-deck areas without needing time to adjust to the dark. This is a crucial strategy in the event of having foes with weapons lying in wait below deck, already adjusted to the darkness. A pirate without instant darkness vision available might not live long enough for his eyesight to adjust from daylight mode.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

Likes2Read wrote:Did you ever see the Mythbusters episode that deemed the theory plausible that the pirates’ eye patch was to keep one eye constantly night-vision ready by covering it? Then they could go from full-sunlight above deck to much-darker below-deck areas without needing time to adjust to the dark. This is a crucial strategy in the event of having foes with weapons lying in wait below deck, already adjusted to the darkness. A pirate without instant darkness vision available might not live long enough for his eyesight to adjust from daylight mode.
Yup. I also have heard that some soldiers in the military use this tactic when on guard at night to prevent loss of night vision when light is introduced.

Return to “Dark Arts”