venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Do pureblood were creatures have the ability to completely shift from the pure animal form to the "were" animal hybrid form to human, or are they always just the "were" form?

I guess my real question is do they shift only from human to animal and back, or is the human-esque were form that we see in movies truly what they shift to? I've seen information stating that traditionally were creatures are humans that change into the animal form at night to feed and back to human during the day. I interpret that the "were hybrid" form is more of a recent addition to the folklore.

denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

It depends on the conjurer and what "breed" of were creature they work with. I've seen listings for werewolves that remain in their hybridized "movie depiction" form all the time. I've seen others who can transform into all three forms (fully human, humanoid wolf, and pure wolf) as they please. And others that only go from human to animal with nothing in between. My own werewolf is the latter type.

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

denanna123 wrote:It depends on the conjurer and what "breed" of were creature they work with. I've seen listings for werewolves that remain in their hybridized "movie depiction" form all the time. I've seen others who can transform into all three forms (fully human, humanoid wolf, and pure wolf) as they please. And others that only go from human to animal with nothing in between. My own werewolf is the latter type.
I agree with what's said here! My werewolf has told me that he goes in between all three forms; human, humanoid wolf, and wolf. I've seen him as his wolf form before, and had no doubts that he's told me the truth. I've also either felt his presence as his human or humanoid form. My Kamkeer wolf is a non-shifting werewolf breed. I think it just all depends on who you're working with and who the spirit is.

JackOLantern2170
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2556
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Count Lucarda
Zodiac:

I've been reading this information you guys have been posting about your Were Creatures, and it is nice to know about these Were Creatures that are not Werewolves.

Were there other ones out there we don't really know about? I wouldn't mind hearing about them.

Return to “Dark Arts”