White Arts & Dark Arts Misconceptions

Verita
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process

Re: White Arts & Dark Arts Misconceptions

Postby Verita » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:00 am

Another way of putting it:

White Arts act in a positive and savory way.
Dark Arts act in a more aggressive and direct way.
Black Arts act in an antagonistic way.

White Arts is a positive force
Dark Arts is a dual force
Black Arts is a destructive force

Verita
neophyte
neophyte

Postby Verita » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:14 am

Kitsune wrote:I use the terms WA, DA, and BA to refer to energy flavors/ density, think of diving in the ocean or a pool. WA has a very light, almost floaty feel to it, like being at the top of the water, while DA has a more dense, heavier feel to it, as well as having a deeper feel to it, like being deeper underwater, with BA being the densest, heaviest energy, like being at the bottom of the ocean.

I like your description for WA, DA and BA :)

SplatteredEcho
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grimmy
If I could be anything, I would be...: Visp
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Eidolon

Postby SplatteredEcho » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:33 pm

I recently went walking through the woods without a flash light, and was pondering the paradoxical and dual nature of light and dark. In how they are the same and opposite. What I came to find, personally, relates to a quote a once read. To paraphrase, "Light thinks it is the fastest, but not so. For where ever the light reaches, it finds the darkness was already there." In regard to polarity paradox, and the Yin-Yang symbol. Compassion is the constant state of giving oneself to others, and love is the driving proponent of WA, yes? Light uses the darkness to move itself, it pulls through darkness, but more accurately, it moves the darkness around it. To me, that suggests a clinging nature of darkness, it wants to go with the light to reach places it couldn't thus move itself. The light would gladly sacrifice its speed to help carry(reposition) it. (I also imagine the flowing polarity of a magnetic field. How it pushes and pulls at once, so too light and dark) That is in balance, to me. The issue, and how I explain that light can be dark and dark can be light. The dark may become greedy, it may want more than the light can support, but can also keep it steady. The light can be too zealous in it's movement, and disrupt the otherwise peaceful state of dark when it zooms through (throws the dark around it.) Light should gentily move itself and its surrounding. Dark should not resent the light for its speed or zeal, but it need not just accept the course it's taking or the rude interruption. For me, this rings true for the nature of the two lights, and also their use in magic. In relating to defence, If we correct others, it shouldn't be turbulent or smother them. In other words, I use WA to relieve pain and agony. The most common reasons for lashing out. But for those things too dark and greedy for me to give light to. Those that would only smother me, I use dark repel and deflect. Personally, I still do not wish to harm for harm, if no other reason than the DA entities I've encountered feed off negative interaction. Attacking would make it stronger, but turning it white resolves issue, and deflecting inhibits harm. (Sorry for word wall, wanted to make sure I wrapped it in the best bow possible. Obviously welcome thoughts) 1tu

Return to “Duality”