You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gregori Watcher
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Okay, I've read several different texts about ceremonial offerings for different angels. And one item has turned up more than once, and that is that bread and wine are a general fallback if I have absolutely no idea about specific offerings for an angel I'm contacting for the first time.

All well and good, but I don't drink, and never have. I just don't like the taste, simple as that. I know a little of the terminology, the absolute basics on pairings, and that's pretty much it.

So, let's say I'm making a ceremonial offering to an angel, and I go with bread and wine. Is the intention/offering enough by itself, so therefore, anything good will be appreciated? Or would it be a good idea to bone up a bit, and try to find something specific?

For instance: Archangel Raphael is traditionally associated with fish. So, does that mean that for that specific angel, reds would be a bad idea? Like I said, I'm clueless here.

I'm asking because I was thinking of (for lack of a better way of putting it) inviting a few angels over for Christmas. I know, it sounds dopey, but I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic, so... 8;D

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

It is the intention that matter ; when you do offering it is to please the spirit/entity , honor with your good intentions.

After that if you want to be more specific on angels , bread and wine is good and also all that is symbolic to angels or christianism.

If you cook fish to Archangel Raphael he would be pleased but you can offers other think that you like and he could like.

laalbieglna
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 425
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: My Own Companions
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
Zodiac:

Coffee is also a near-universal offering, so is offering a portion from your own meal, and I know some very serious people who also don't drink alcohol and offer various teas. I am sure you'll be fine.

Johnny Seraph
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gregori Watcher
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Thanks for the replies.

I think I'm ultimately going to do something that's a little more playful. To wit: sparkling grape juice in lieu of the hard stuff, and fresh from the oven cinnamon rolls for the bread. It's close enough to traditional to show that I'm serious, but with a personal touch that should indicate that it's an offering from the heart.

And besides, holidays (that is, holy days) and sweets: even angels can appreciate that, I would think. Yes, no? 1e

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Johnny Seraph wrote:Thanks for the replies.

I think I'm ultimately going to do something that's a little more playful. To wit: sparkling grape juice in lieu of the hard stuff, and fresh from the oven cinnamon rolls for the bread. It's close enough to traditional to show that I'm serious, but with a personal touch that should indicate that it's an offering from the heart.

And besides, holidays (that is, holy days) and sweets: even angels can appreciate that, I would think. Yes, no? 1e
Sounds perfect to me! For Christmas/Yule offerings I’ve made sun bread out of crescent rolls with honey butter on top and poured hot (non alky) apple cider with butter, cinnamon and a little orange zest. But I think anything that feels special to you will to them.

Return to “Angels”