Spirit Portrait, by Alys (Raccoon Readings)

Post your experiences with eBay sellers.
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I had ordered a spirit portrait of my very first spirit being: A Sterling Angel! Alys got a good snap shot of my friend (I kinda did this without asking "M" because it was her birthday.) She finished it super fast too! I was surprised. $10.00 worth spent xd

I will shop again from her. Alys' shop is on Etsy under "Raccoon Readings."

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Thank you! <3 I'm so glad you are happy!

Nova Alexander
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Vixen
Zodiac:

Could someone send me a link to her Etsy page? I cannot seem to find it, thank you.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Nova Alexander wrote:Could someone send me a link to her Etsy page? I cannot seem to find it, thank you.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RaccoonReadings

B-)

SilverElf
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: My entire posse
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Willow Rising
Zodiac:

I just ordered from you. My star faery really REALLY wanted his portrait done. :D

"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two" - Hayao Miyazaki
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

SilverElf wrote:I just ordered from you. My star faery really REALLY wanted his portrait done. :D
I just now saw you posted here too, lol! The person in front of you is in progress and then it is your turn! 1s

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

This is an interesting idea. When you do the spirit portrait, what details do you need regarding the spirit? Do you need details regarding how they present their appearance to us along with the personality and name, or just the personality and name?

I ask because I am considering this for my succubus but she has presented herself a few different ways over the last few months (even though I am certain one of them is the original and preferred way she likes to do so). When it comes to shape-shifters like this I was just curious what is captured in the reading.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Details I need
When you put in the order, there's a note to seller section. Just put in anything you know or think I need to know about the spirit. Since they aren't bound to me, it is very helpful for me to have a bit to go on. :) Even if it's just the spirit's name, race and a one line description of personality and/or appearance that really helps a lot.

Typically what people send me is the spirit’s name, race, and any other information you want to give me on their appearance and personality. 2-3 lines of text total generally suffices.

The Process
I get try to look and I get flashes. It isn’t very exact or intrusive. More of a glimpse than a stare, if that makes sense. Sometimes what I catch reflects what the human companion sees (that is, the relationship between them) more closely than a direct look at the spirit.

I’ve only recently started doing it for other people, so there is definitely room for me to get it wrong! So each listing has a certain number of revisions. (There are three tiers for each listing, each with different color options, turnaround times and total number of revisions available.) I haven't had any more than two revisions requested on a single portrait. The most common one is eye color, but skin shade is sometimes an issue for me too. I've noticed these issues come up when I second-guess myself. As it currently stands, out of eleven portraits, three have needed revisions. Of those, two were eye color and one was skin color.

I start with the portrait’s pose based on the flash of energy I catch a glimpse of. Then I go down to face shape and the shape of the nose and eyes. That’s a closer look than the pose, and there’s a lot of erasing and redrawing until the feeling of satisfaction clicks into place. Hair texture and color come next. Typically not hard to get. The eye color comes last and is definitely the hardest because it is a bit harder for me to get a fix on. It’s a closer/harder look, and I second guess myself there a lot, so I rely on the keeper quite a bit in this area, both because it can get really hard for me to stare and because I don’t want to be intrusive by staring.

For your shifter
Given that she likes to switch things up for you, I would be really interested in some of the ways she turns up for you. Sometimes shifters can be playful, of course. But I think there's room for differences in appearance to crop up due to *my perception* rather than what appearance they would intend to give off.

I once had a human spirit who, basically, didn't want to hold still. So he ended up with two portraits, which I was told was very in keeping with his personality. I suspect two portraits may have been his goal, lol!

I hope this is helpful info for you. :)

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

Yep, understood. I kinda like this idea for two of them... /looks at (I) and (J)

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
DarcDeimos
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: succubus

I had a really pleasant experience with Alys!
I loved how the portrait of my succubus Y came out, the colors, the expression on her face and her pose are just beautiful, you can tell that she loves her work :)
She is really polite, replies really quickly and if you want to change something about the portrait she will do that too!
I highly recommend her to anyone looking to have their SC drawn, actually i want her to do 2 more portraits!
Thank you again Alys :)

Return to “Seller Review”