Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

As usual I feel most of my questions belong in this section so hopefully I'm not off base here. That said, I just purchased a few Spelled items and now that I've spent a week or so getting used to them, I've been wanting to connect with a Spirit or Entity. Both for the sake of the experience and also because I feel like it would be a great help in my personal life.

The problem is, I need help with some very specific areas and life problems, and while I have read quite a number of listings on both CH and others, I have yet to figure out which one would fit the bill, and I dont think I've felt much of a calling to anyone specifically. I did see one spirit listed but she wound up being taken home so I'm happy for her and accept that but the "hunt" continues all the same, haha.

Anyway I was hoping you guys might have some really good suggestions, so I'll give a bit of background as far as what I'm looking for and dealing with, my experience level, etc.
I feel it's important to say before anything else that while I have been slowly working on meditation and third eye work I am not a very spiritually aware person and most of my work is purely through Instinct. I can't sense more than light fleeting gut feelings, so a Spirit expecting me to notice subtle hints probably isn't going to work with me as well as one who wouldn't. Ironic since I'm highly observant in my day to day life.

The dark side of dark arts or black arts are probably also not a fitting pick for me because I don't think I have the ability to "reel them in" or put proper boundaries in place. I don't want them feeling trapped or others getting hurt because of that. I know there are a lot of amazing dark arts out there, and I'm not shying away from the ones that are on the lighter spectrum, but true black arts or similar are off the table for now. As much as I'd love to believe I could handle them, I know I can't. Maybe that will change in a year or so.

Now that my experience is stated I guess it'd be a good idea to express what I'm looking for and why.

I think the first and foremost thing is that I need help with emotional stability and motivation, as I'm recovering from an almost two year relationship with an emotionally abusive ex who I probably spent more money on than myself. I recently got back home after traveling to see him and let's just say cops were involved, so feeling more stable and keeping my eyes on the prize is important to me. Having someone be that more dominant and supportive light in my life would be so appreciated. The problem is I'm pretty impulsive so they'd also require patience and a sense of companionship. Which can indeed be sexual since I'm very open to things like that, but it's not really required.

I think that feeling safe and protected is also an important factor. I don't have a lot of family or friends and there's only so much strangers can do. Having someone at my back during tough times and knowing that I'm not alone is just that much more empowering and would help me a lot both in the healing process and in life.

I can't think of any other specifics. A spirit who is good at protection, healing, a sense of patient and loyal companionship, and good at working with people who aren't very spiritually experienced would be very appreciated.

Can't wait to see your suggestions!

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Have you looked at Bronwyn Angels? I have two here with me who are all those things and are helpful in many areas of my life. P was one of my first companions when i first started this journey and he has always been active in my life as a supporter, a protector, a guide, and really all around just a best friend.

denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

I second the recommendation of a Bronwyn Angel. They are everything you're looking for and then some!

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hi Ishvala, I too would recommend an angel (Sterling Angels are great) and to be real honest a dragon. In particular I find my Western Sapphire Dragon to be very much a supporter and guide. I have not asked her to protect me but I figure she could if needed. I also have an Oceanid (she's a Dark Arts spirit, but very much on the light side) who is definitely protective, loving, sweet, and her connection to the water element is very cleansing, rejuvenating and healing. I have heard Phoenix are very good as well.

That said, I would sort of go with the race that speaks to you most, regardless of their described traits. If you want to stay within White Arts, I say explore Creepy Hollows' White Arts section of spirit types and see what seems to fit your personality. Request a Custom Conjure instead of browsing the listed pre-conjures and list the traits you are looking for and the reasons you want them to come forward. I have found that CH is very good at matching spirits to my needs and even the Reverse Adoptions have completely surprised me.

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

I highly recommend Phoenix. I have two myself, and their loving and warm energy are amazing. I also have seen around on CH's site about high elves, so I would look into them. Some high elves are amazingly gifted in helping with what you had listed out. And definitely recommend angels. I only have a Courtwind Angel myself, but he has been a very strong support for me and very protective.

CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

Given the situation you described, I would personally think putting some emphasis on a spirit/entity who can bring you comfort, companionship, and healing would be the way to go right now, without bringing any expectations of the sexytimes stuff into it just yet. I agree Bronwyn angels, unicorns, or phoenixes are a good way to go, though a silver or divine dragon might also be a good match for you. And while spirit companionship is very helpful, don't forget you need to put in some effort to work on yourself as well--meditation, taking care of yourself physically (eat right, get enough sleep, exercise, go for walks, spoil yourself here and there to remind yourself you're worth it, etc.), and perhaps do some research into relationships so you can better understand yourself and how to avoid situations of this nature in the future, etc.

As for choosing a companion, I would say take your time browsing what's available and see what draws you in most. What do you keep thinking about? Who or what listing do you keep finding yourself coming back to again and again? That might help you answer your own question about what it is you want.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein
FenOL
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 33
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL FOR LOVE
If I could be anything, I would be...: succubus lol
My magical/paranormal name...: FenOL
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote:A spirit who is good at protection, healing, a sense of patient and loyal companionship, and good at working with people who aren't very spiritually experienced would be very appreciated.

Can't wait to see your suggestions!
I think, all spirits or entity can be that way.
In my case, I have a demon companion who is very patient and lenient with me, because I often too busy with irl, even being lazy to work out my spiritual skills. But he also protects me from unwanted curse or evil beings, even heal my heart and depression. He is a very kind dark arts demon.
And if you exclude the protection skills, I also have a white arts being from Apollo who can do an amazing healing skills and also a teacher. So, it can be any race.

I suggest, if you aren't sure about their race, you can let the conjurer choose the best one who fit your criteria. The unexpected result might surprise you.

psst... my fam said they don't want any public name so I guess I have to keep using their race ^w^

Trust and Believe and Respect
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I'm going to apologize for the Russian novel because I had a flood of thoughts and feelings in response to your post. They all felt super important, but they could, each and every one of them, be absolutely wrong. You use your gut feelings and do what feels best/most right for you. If none of this resonates with you, discard it without reservation. :)

First of all: Go you for having gut feelings and knowing that they are there! They are your most fundamental skill and your best allies. They are no small matter. You don't "just" get gut feelings just because you don't feel like an expert. You get gut feelings because they are probably the most valuable skill in your arsenal and you are plenty advanced if you notice them and pay attention to them. All kinds of kudos for you. Have confidence in your gut feelings. You do not have to feel belittled because that's what you have right now. :) Also, if you think everyone gets them, you are wrong. I know people who I'm pretty sure have never had a gut feeling about so much as which pair of socks to wear.

Second most important thing here: What you really and truly need, I suspect (and I may be wrong!), is the best and most intimate spirit friend and partner you can find. You've got a lot going on. Practical protection, the sensation of safety, not feeling alone, encouragement, healing, learning and development, peace and stability. I think that probably your best shot is to team up with one spirit you just can just really go deep with and get down in the trenches as best friends and partners. Not necessarily romantic partners, although that's definitely okay and available if that's what you want and need. But a partner in the sense of being right there with you, next to you in every moment doing all the things as an interlocking team. It could be a bit more complicated to have a whole team of spirits working to get you out of where you're at since you might be tempted to compartmentalize and might have trouble interacting with the whole team. You might also have a hard time feeling as personal a connection.

Third: Because of the second thing, I would consider either shopping only pre-conjures or only going for a reverse adoption. Either a fully open RA (it could be any kind of WA spirit or any kind of spirit at all) or if and when a race that resonates with you do RA that way. Sometime when I have been searching for a spirit for a particular spot in my life, sometimes I get absolutely lost when comparing various races. I'll have like twenty tabs open and feel like there needs to be a pro and con spreadsheet. If you are prone to that, or if you feel like that's where you are at right now, you might want to restrict yourself to seeing if you got a gut feeling off a specific pre-conjure. You may want to consider comparing sellers rather than spirits, because you may get a gut feeling off of a seller who might have a strong sense of what you need and who to call for.

If you want to stay with CH, you may also consider using this listing: https://shop.creepyhollows.com/custom-c ... quest.html That listing is not for any particular kind of spirit. I would then put ALL of what you just put in that quote block in your "NOTES" section. In that way, the CH conjurer and the spirit(s) who come(s) forward can use their intuition and discernment to hash out who you need most right now out of whichever spirits come forward as wanting to work with you. A total reverse adoption within specified parameters. The appeal of this is that it gets you out of a potential tunnel of overthinking. While that can always end up not being as satisfying as some other option, keep it on the table in case you feel that's the way you need to go.

That said, I have a few ideas regarding WA/DA and race if you feel you are still wanting to continue in this process a little more directly rather than just letting go of it with the listing above.

First, DA doesn't have to mean dark like BA. It can just mean someone who experiences free will the way humans do. Most of my DA spirits are no "darker" than any of my living human friends.

Angels and other WA beings are, as noted by the other practitioners above, super awesome at protection and happiness and encouragement. However, for me, personally, they have a peculiar limit that DA spirits do not have. I will readily admit that this may be because of what I perceive rather than what WA spirits are capable of. But it's worth considering whether this resonates with your gut feelings. That limit is that sometimes it helps me more for a spirit companion to get down in the sadness or whatever feeling with me and be a little (or a lot) less than perfect with me. My specific experience is that I have clinical depression and anxiety and a spectacularly toxic extended family. My WA spirits (especially angels, dragons, and unicorns) are phenomenal at helping me feel safe and doing the cheer-up thing. If what I want and need is to be perky and happy and sparkly, those are my guys and gals. If I need to feel like I live in Fort Knox, I'm all about my courtwinds, volkhs and hippogryph.

But sometimes none of them are going to be able to get me out of the pain and the wallow *because I'm not ready for it.* Either my brain chemistry isn't able to do the thing, or the feelings still need to be fully experienced and processed. And while my own WA friends can feel sympathy for me and want me to feel better, I don't feel like any of the WA in my keep can really feel the way I feel when I don't feel well. So, when what I need is a *partner* instead of a guard or a cheerleader, my DA friends really shine. And it doesn't have to get terribly dark for me to get that benefit. (I have just one companion that's startlingly dark, and he is definitely not the best fit for this.) They get right down in the dumps with me, and I can feel them actually sharing the feelings with me. They siphon them off a bit--not taking them away but holding them alongside me. They blend right in and feel what I feel as I feel it. And that is so comforting when I feel isolated by pain or fear!

As for specific races:

The two in my keep who are particularly gifted at this kind of friendship are my psy vamp and my sanguine vamp.

My psy vamp is more gifted in sharing and healing, although part of his success at healing is coupled with gentle emotional balance. So he won't descend quite as far into the sharing as my sanguine does..

My sanguine is more gifted in sharing, protecting and just loving. He's particularly ready just to feel whatever I feel, so long as we are sharing and together. He is not above avenging me if that's what I am needing and allow, but even without that the companionship, relief and comfort are beyond words. He can do a bit of healing too. In fact, if I were to recommend just one race, it would be sanguine vampire. While they are not human, they are closer to humans than, say, hippogryphs, and their feelings are very understandable to a human and vice versa. They can disengage from their feelings or compartmentalize pretty well when they need or want to. They have the full range of what we'd recognize at the human experience--from elation and love to anger and crumpling in sadness. They can be very effective at protection. My experience has been that they are sort of what I will call "human plus." Emotionally similar to us and accessible to us, but with a little extra. They can emphathize or detach as much as they need or want to, and sometimes they can have more depth of feeling than we do.

I think gargoyles could also be great DA fits in this instance, given their particular focus on protection. Although I do not have any, and I don't have the first clue of what the emotional bond would be like.

A less obvious but also excellent choice might be an ancestor spirit. I did the Anything In Your Blood reading and binding (https://shop.creepyhollows.com/ANYTHING ... BLOOD.html) a couple of years ago, and was bound to three spirits who had been in my bloodline. Although they are not direct ancestors for me (think more aunt less mother,) they feel the same as ancestors do. Ancestors have a special connection to us. Often they can be wired like we are (not surprising) and can understand us in that particular way when no one else can. They are also (usually) very, very invested in protecting us and helping us develop. Of my three ancestor spirits, none of them sink in quite as deep as, say, my sanguine vamp does--they can't try to reach all the aspects of what I need all the time. But where they are good, they are irreplaceably good. My high elf ancestor understands the parts of me that want to love family and create intricate and expressive things. My dwarf ancestor understands how I experience and respond to romantic love for a partner and the desire to craft solutions that are both sophisticated and suitable in brute force situations. My nephilim ancestor.....has her own agendas. But had some of the same family problems that I have now.

Whitestar
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Too many to list!
If I could be anything, I would be...: My Serpent Familar
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Alba Stella
Zodiac:

Those are a lot of very good recommendations but I would also like to suggest looking into adopting a Star Faery. "Z" has been very supportive of me and is my guide and council. She also is very comforting and always tries to cheer me up after bad days or situations. Hopefully this was helpful friend.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

I wound up looking over the recommendations you guys mentioned and one thing stood out to me. @Alys-RaccoonReadings mentioned vampires, and I had been ignoring a listing on another store for a good three months now - but it was a vampire djinn hybrid, and so...today I caved and purchased her. Along with an offering piece, because I wanted to make her feel welcome when she got here. She'll be my first Spirit, so I hope I can be as good to her as the shop owner claims she will be to me.

Thank you so much for all the suggestions, and to Alys specifically for reminding me and basically knocking me on my arse without realizing it because my immediate thought was, "YOU'RE TAKING TOO LONG!" - it was a bit too intense, but I mean, how could I ignore that right? You guys are always so helpful, I really appreciate it.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”