You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I live with in a small room which is also the kitchen... So the work space I have for creating a circle would be rather difficult.. so like an area of 5 ft squared. But does anyone here recommend using a square shaped protective wall rather than using a circle and would I run any problems of doing so?

All answers appreciated!

I also live with my parents in a 1 room studio if you're wondering why I live in a place so cramped. XD

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I would do some googling about squares in sacred geometry and see what comes back. While the circle is the best known set-up, often daemonolatrists use sacred hexagons instead.

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Coolio! Thanks Alys!

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Creating a physical circle would be difficult where I live so I just visualize it, it doesn't matter if it goes through walls that way. That said, I practiced magic for a long time without casting any circles so it's not absolutely necessary.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I routinely create the circle mentally, going through walls/furniture as needed. I haven’t got a big empty space to work with, and even if I did, I fly my broom under the radar as the only non-muggle in the house. There’s no way I could make a physical circle without attracting unwanted attention. Mental circles (and other shapes, like pyramids, as needed) FTW.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
quantumflux
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 17
If I could be anything, I would be...: I’m a faerie.
My magical/paranormal name...: Wouldn’t you like to know. HEHE
Zodiac:

I don’t to use circles much but when I do I create them using my energy. It’s just easier and more convenient.

A circle is the most basic feminine shape while a triangle is the most fundamental masculine shape. Perhaps using a triangle within a circle might have a good effect but I’ve never heard of anything other then a circle being used thus far in my practices.

uncle sid
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Idk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My magical/paranormal name...: No idea
Zodiac:

be the first to make a tridecagon circle, a 13 sided polygon, imagine it with tons of triangles pointing inwards to the center and fit in a circle in there for good measure.

envision the triangles as a reinforced net trussing, like rebar reinforcing concrete, while the circle is a massive dome shaped steel plate covering the reinforcement in a 13 sided polygon. All with white light pouring out of it so bright it's blinding.

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:I routinely create the circle mentally, going through walls/furniture as needed. I haven’t got a big empty space to work with, and even if I did, I fly my broom under the radar as the only non-muggle in the house. There’s no way I could make a physical circle without attracting unwanted attention. Mental circles (and other shapes, like pyramids, as needed) FTW.
I didn't know that the magic circle could be used past physical walls. xD But really thanks for that. So I won't have problems casting a circle now.

Thanks everyone else for your answers.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I read this today, and I thought it was an interesting thing to file away when thinking about circles.

"The most common reason people give for casting circles is “for protection.” There’s a place for that, but in my experience most rituals – particularly most seasonal celebrations – don’t need protection. Those that do need more than a quick walk around the perimeter.

Our tradition of circle casting originated with the ancient Greeks, who would draw a circle around their ritual area before performing a sacrifice. We don’t know exactly why they did that, but it is likely they wanted to draw a clear boundary between the profane (i.e. – ordinary) world at the edges and the sacred rites taking place at the center.

This is why I still cast circles. Not because the ancient Greeks did it, but because it’s helpful to create a boundary for our sacred work. There is nothing wrong with the entire rest of the universe – it’s not dirty or dangerous and it’s certainly not “fallen.” But for the duration of the ritual, our focus needs to be completely on the work in front of us. Whatever else it may or may not do, casting a circle reduces distractions and tells the participants to focus on what’s in here, not what’s out there."

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/johnbecke ... rters.html

Return to “Protection”