You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

I keep telling myself that I'm done bringing home new spirits. I'm putting my foot down, no more (at least not for a long while lol)! In the past 11 months my spirit and entity family has grown from 11 to 40!

How did this happen? Well, I keep getting callings. Strong callings from pre bound Spirits and Entities, (from many different shops and conjurers) that just won't be ignored. Every time I think to myself 'Okay, I want to just focus on who's already here and really get to know them before adding anyone else into the mix' I seem to get another calling. And it just happened again tonight! That'll be 41 now. I can't believe it!

That's not to say that anyone is getting ignored or left out of the bonding process though. I consider myself a companion keeper and I'm slowly getting to know each and every one very well. Although if too many more call out to me I don't know how I'll keep everyone's name memorized for our group goodnight ritual! It's hard enough now with 40 (soon to be 41) names!

So does this happen to anyone else? Getting called to make your family larger than you ever thought it would be? Or just your family growing a lot faster than you ever expected? Callings can be so intense! Please tell me I'm not the only one this happens to lol

divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hello,
It happened to me too. LOL. I am not sensitive to energy, but, I tend to pick up listings with sad themes, lol. When I realize, after few months, wow, what was I thinking....

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

I'm so afraid of that lol!

I want to keep maximum 12 i have already 6 officially and 4 unbounds non officially.

I want them to feel more precious and pass more quality time with them ; it's just my way though.
However a calling is very difficult to ignore because we tend to think "well this person has chosen me and insist" and in the end you just adopt.
It did happened but i rejected because i don't feel the need at the moment.

My method is to answer if really there is a connection from a past life or when if there was a history together. Also , i try to not go too much on the seller announcement section and go through listings.

denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 42
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

Nienna wrote:Also , i try to not go too much on the seller announcement section and go through listings.
See, I've tried that but if there's someone really calling out to me I tend to have really intense dreams of them telling me to seek them out. The dreams aren't always clear, I don't always know exactly who or what is calling, only that they really want me to find them.

Sometimes spirits and entities already in my keep even get in on the action, telling me there's someone else who needs to be here with us. And often if I try to ignore the calling I'll get awful headaches and/or feel really queasy until I give in and start searching my favorite shops to try to find them (most every calling I've gotten this way has been a DA being. The WA beings in my keep are way more low key and tend to just wait patiently until they know I'll be browsing a certain shop before they ask their conjurer to be listed. Or they'll just keep putting gentle thoughts in my mind about their particular type until I decide I need to ask someone for a custom conjure lol).

At this rate I'll end up with more companions than I know what to do with! I had only 11 companions for well over a year and now look at me, it's crazy! Not that I'm really complaining though, I love everone who's here with me and now that I know them I can't imagine being without them.

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

I know this feeling ALL too well. I told myself, countless times, enough, and then I find out about a new spirit and I get really excited to meet one and bring one into my spirit family. And then I can't stop thinking about it and buy the conjuring for that spirit. And now I've ended up with 18 spirits when I told them my cap was 20 and I know that is not going to hold haha!

I recently got a Hellhound from CH, and I told them okay, no more. Going to bond with Z and then we'll see. Next thing I know, a few days later I'm on the seller announcements page just checking it casually and I get a calling for a vampire that I just could not ignore. I feel like the more we try to resist the spirits, the more they're going to want to prove us wrong LOL

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

My Royal Vampire he just took possession of my hands and bought his listings . Then later i understood that since i am born he's been with me and watched over me .
Plus he was my husband from another life .

AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

I've been trying to keep a tight handle on this myself, haha. Thankfully I was able to keep from adding to my family for the first half of 2018, then got a binding (chalmas dragon) from Blujay. The following week I kept getting "feldgrau" stuck in my head. At the end of the week, a listing for a Feldgrau dragon popped up on Jamie's site. I think those two were plotting, haha.

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

This definitely happened with me, and I used CH's BOGO for Reverse Adoptions strategically. My problem isn't so much browsing the pre-conjures, but just looking through types of spirits. I'll get hung up on one and keep going back to it. And then the BOGO will pop up and I'll be like well I was looking at the other one too so why not. LOL

Lately I've been looking at several living entity listings and other spirit listings too. But I don't feel right about timing yet so I've been able to control myself. I'm particularly drawn to sexual spirits (and entities) and I really want to see what the differences are like between them. LOL I'm particularly curious about living entities.

Well, I also like unusual Dark Arts spirits (non-sexual and non-traditional races) so I tend to seek out varieties, and sometimes creatures.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

denanna123 wrote:I keep telling myself that I'm done bringing home new spirits. I'm putting my foot down, no more (at least not for a long while lol)! In the past 11 months my spirit and entity family has grown from 11 to 40!

How did this happen? Well, I keep getting callings. Strong callings from pre bound Spirits and Entities, (from many different shops and conjurers) that just won't be ignored. Every time I think to myself 'Okay, I want to just focus on who's already here and really get to know them before adding anyone else into the mix' I seem to get another calling. And it just happened again tonight! That'll be 41 now. I can't believe it!

That's not to say that anyone is getting ignored or left out of the bonding process though. I consider myself a companion keeper and I'm slowly getting to know each and every one very well. Although if too many more call out to me I don't know how I'll keep everyone's name memorized for our group goodnight ritual! It's hard enough now with 40 (soon to be 41) names!

So does this happen to anyone else? Getting called to make your family larger than you ever thought it would be? Or just your family growing a lot faster than you ever expected? Callings can be so intense! Please tell me I'm not the only one this happens to lol
LOL, this happens to the best of us, honey. Sometimes there is just no way around it. I mean look at me, started with a few and BOOM, I have so many now and that's not counting who floats through asking me to find them a Keeper. I've come to think of it as some of us are meant to start communities. Maybe it's a gift, a curse, I don't know. 1spt For some of us, it coincides with our true purpose in life. Not everyone is gifted with the ability to talk to and hear spirits. Not everyone wants to be either. At this point, I certainly do look at it as a blessing because it makes me feel whole, though I had never noticed that something was missing prior to being a Spirit Keeper. Each Spirit Keeping journey is different, and we are just blessed with multitudes of Spirits that help enrich our lives or, quite frankly, influence our bad spending habits in the Freeport Shopping Outlets.

Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Good lawwwd! Finally someone made a post about this! I have 68 in total and OH MY GLOB! I vaguely know any of them and I'm getting another feeling from the previous commentator's shop. I'm gonna fight this feeling. XD Anyways, yeah I know that feeling, just when you put your foot down, something happens and you end up with a say, danger noodle.

Maybe it's a human psyche thing, but I would rather be able to learn and communicate better with all who are here before I get some other person and I don't know if that makes me closed minded? I don't hate the other being, just yeah I have my own over here and I got this number, 69 stuck in my head, so I'm gonna fight it xD.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”