Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Hey there, so apparently members can't have signatures anymore according to the site's lack of option. :P
Is this a bug, or were they removed for a reason...because I see signatures on other profiles, but have no idea how they're editing them. XD

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I was actually just wondering this same thing for a while now, but I would forget to ask about it LOL. I thought, perhaps it was just because I wasn't tenured or something? I would like to know this as well

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

featheredstar wrote:I was actually just wondering this same thing for a while now, but I would forget to ask about it LOL. I thought, perhaps it was just because I wasn't tenured or something? I would like to know this as well
The tenure shouldn't be it because I used to have a signature and I've seen non-tenured members with signatures in the past. I tend to report a lot of issues I see on CH, because the banner report has been up since Feb 27th of 2018 and it still isn't fixed.

You'd think a site that can afford to pay it's own staffers can also afford to fix mild coding errors...I don't mean to make that sound malicious, I'm just genuinely dumbfounded that the more I look at the forum the more little things start falling out of place. We need some genuine TLC. For CH's sake, and it's members.

(again, not being malicious, just surprised and wanting things to get done because I'm passionate about site dedication and whatnot).

<3

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Tenured members (orange-colored etc) still have their signature, so I agree that it might be it. There were several changes in the forum recently, maybe the signature in non-tenured members is one of them.

I believe the forum mods are volunteers, not paid staff. While the staff mostly work on the shop site, not the forum. And they have third party who works on the IT aspect.

: )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:Tenured members (orange-colored etc) still have their signature, so I agree that it might be it. There were several changes in the forum recently, maybe the signature in non-tenured members is one of them.
I suppose that makes more sense. What sort of forum changes have happened outside of the recent chat-approval change...?
darkwing dook wrote: I believe the forum mods are volunteers, not paid staff. While the staff mostly work on the shop site, not the forum. And they have third party who works on the IT aspect.

: )
I thought that the staff that worked directly with the shop and the site maintenance were paid. Giving that there's a third party IT aspect, I guess I was half right. Forum staff are more like mediators so I can understand them being volunteers, but all that aside, it doesn't really address my original statement; if they pay people to fix their site, it shouldn't take eleven months (and counting) to address a problem.

But I guess that's not part of the original topic so I'll hush. x3

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote: I suppose that makes more sense. What sort of forum changes have happened outside of the recent chat-approval change...?
Mmm not sure about that. You might want to ask HD directly : )
Ishvala wrote: ...if they pay people to fix their site, it shouldn't take eleven months (and counting) to address a problem.
Yeah. But again, you kinda need to contact HD for this, asking how the progress is.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote:
Ishvala wrote: I suppose that makes more sense. What sort of forum changes have happened outside of the recent chat-approval change...?
Mmm not sure about that. You might want to ask HD directly : )
Ishvala wrote: ...if they pay people to fix their site, it shouldn't take eleven months (and counting) to address a problem.
Yeah. But again, you kinda need to contact HD for this, asking how the progress is.
I tried going to the HD and got a "404 Error". Apparently I'm not the only one to experience this either.

uncle sid
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Idk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My magical/paranormal name...: No idea
Zodiac:

i can't even contact any support on the store, try emailing support@creepyhollows.com i guess. Maybe someone will get to you.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Unclesid wrote:i can't even contact any support on the store, try emailing support@creepyhollows.com i guess. Maybe someone will get to you.
Sure, I'll do it after classes. We'll see if I get better responses that way. Thanks Sid! :)

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

I've taken to using the store support rather than forum support. With forum support I either get the 404 error, or no response at all. I've had about 50/50 success in receiving responses from the store support. Based on which things I've gotten responses to, I would guess they prioritize things based on exactly how broken they are and how much that impacts basic function.

Return to “Report CH Site Issues”