thatbasicwitch
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 24
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn/Pegasus
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Does anyone else have spirits that like to read with them?? I have a unicorn, rainbow dragon, pegasus, gargoyle, mononoke, and a kelpie who are all so amazing and wonderful and I love them all dearly. Today the pegasus (let’s call her N) was really trying to get my attention and I kept feeling this bumping on the back of my head like a horse was hitting its nose against it to get my attention. So I went off to the side at work and sent my focus inward and asked who was calling me and what was going on. N immediately was like ITS ME AND I LOVE YOU AND I NEED ATTENTION. N is such a bubbly and happy gal, and she really really likes it when I read and invite my spirits to read with me and join in on my books so I said ok N what do you want to read? I DONT CARE AS LONG AS IT HAS HORSES IN IT. So I found this book that’s about horses (I work at a library) and as I was reading the back page I got a huge warm tingly boop on the back of my head where N had been trying to get my attention and it was like she was letting me know that she wanted to read this book. I started reading the book during my lunch break and it felt like my whole entire body was vibrating and fuzzy and warm, N was so happy to be reading with me, especially a book about horses. Does this ever happen to anyone else??

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

She's so cuteeeee !

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Firstly, N deserves ALL of the attentions she's adorable please love her. And second, I haven't experienced it yet but I have a sneaking suspicion that my Vampire Hybrid reads the posts I write.

I'm sure if I left an audio book playing she'd appreciate it, and I have a mountain of vampire the masquerade books that I'm sure she'd get a kick out of. I haven't tried either but this post has inspired me to do so.

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

Your relationship with your spirits sounds absolutely adorable and I loove it. My werewolf surprised me one day when I was reading a book, I felt his presence and found out that he likes to read with me and hang out. I was sitting on my couch while it was quiet and felt someone looking over my shoulder at what I was doing. In fact, I have a few spirits who love to hang out while I read a book and prefer that I do it every once and a while. I don't feel any vibrations like that, but I DO feel their presence!

thatbasicwitch
new here
new here

Ok update, I'm pretty sure she's developed a little crush on the horse in the book lol. Last night I was reading the book before bed and once again I felt that buzzing happy fuzzy feeling and could tell she was reading with me and as soon as the horse came up I felt her get really excited and happy, then when the book moved away from him and was focusing on the people she was like OMG HURRY IT UP AND GET TO THE HORSE. In her words he's a "bad boy with a good heart" (he's a stallion) and she was so sad when I finally went to sleep hahaha. I'm glad other spirits like to read with their people too :) The others enjoy reading but not like N, it seems to be her favorite thing to do! I might try reading a book for each of my spirits, like a dragon book for A the dragon, the last unicorn for F the unicorn, etc. and see what happens.

denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

I have a few spirits that like to read with me, although my female Sang Vamp occasionally likes to read with me only to mock my penchant for romance novels lol (she prefers when I read fiction with a feminist bent). On the other hand my Arkan Sonny loves the romance books because they always have a happy ending. My Ubis love erotica, not surprisingly. And my Irish Sea Guardian and Vampiric Merman like anything ocean related. A few of my other companions love the horror books (one likes to recreate his favorite scenes later in dreams with the two of us as the main characters, which honestly can be pretty disturbing lol).

Your relationship with your spirits is awesome and I'd love to hear more about your experiences with them, especially N, who sounds so adorable!

Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.
-Oliver James
thatbasicwitch
new here
new here

denanna123 wrote:I have a few spirits that like to read with me, although my female Sang Vamp occasionally likes to read with me only to mock my penchant for romance novels lol (she prefers when I read fiction with a feminist bent). On the other hand my Arkan Sonny loves the romance books because they always have a happy ending. My Ubis love erotica, not surprisingly. And my Irish Sea Guardian and Vampiric Merman like anything ocean related. A few of my other companions love the horror books (one likes to recreate his favorite scenes later in dreams with the two of us as the main characters, which honestly can be pretty disturbing lol).

Your relationship with your spirits is awesome and I'd love to hear more about your experiences with them, especially N, who sounds so adorable!
I love how each of your spirits has a favorite book genre! That's so sweet! Although idk how I'd handle the horror dreams lol. And she really is, she and my dragon are my two sweetest spirits. They're both such goofs and love to laugh and play. They drive my cat crazy haha. F the unicorn and I the kelpie are both really sweet too, but F is more motherly while I can be kind of aloof, but she's always on the sidelines cheering me and the rest of my spirits on. M loves to perch on my hedgehog's cage and likes to protect her, and she always tells me when there are unbounds hanging around. And Su the Mononoke is really accountable and responsible. She's a very black and white spirit. I asked my spirits for help waking up early and she woke me up at 4:30 every day for a week and a half until I had to amend myself and tell her that I didn't mean THAT early. Now she gets me up at 6:30 and helps me with saving money and paying my bills. They're all fabulous and so much fun to interact with and be with! What's it like having an Arkan Sonney?? I've always wanted one!

laneybug7
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: human
If I could be anything, I would be...: faerie
My magical/paranormal name...: Ivy Soleil

That's soooo cute!!! She sounds absolutely adorable! My three pegasi are sweet, but tend to be the quiet, but effective type of spirits. Although, I just found out that my newest spirit is a pygmy unicorn who seems to have the presence of a five year old, so that should be fun. I have quite a few kids in my spirit clan who love to be read to. Also, with my whole clan, we play this writing challenge. I set up teams, I have them channel a writing passage, and then I read them all out loud for them to vote on their favorites. They LOVE that game especially since writing is one of my most favorite things and we can share it all together. So in essence, I do read with my spirits on a nightly basis only it's their own writing or ideas.

denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

laneybug7 wrote:Also, with my whole clan, we play this writing challenge. I set up teams, I have them channel a writing passage, and then I read them all out loud for them to vote on their favorites. They LOVE that game especially since writing is one of my most favorite things and we can share it all together. So in essence, I do read with my spirits on a nightly basis only it's their own writing or ideas.
What a cool idea! Love it <3

Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.
-Oliver James
Ellie44
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 4

thatbasicwitch wrote:Does anyone else have spirits that like to read with them?? I have a unicorn, rainbow dragon, pegasus, gargoyle, mononoke, and a kelpie who are all so amazing and wonderful and I love them all dearly. Today the pegasus (let’s call her N) was really trying to get my attention and I kept feeling this bumping on the back of my head like a horse was hitting its nose against it to get my attention. So I went off to the side at work and sent my focus inward and asked who was calling me and what was going on. N immediately was like ITS ME AND I LOVE YOU AND I NEED ATTENTION. N is such a bubbly and happy gal, and she really really likes it when I read and invite my spirits to read with me and join in on my books so I said ok N what do you want to read? I DONT CARE AS LONG AS IT HAS HORSES IN IT. So I found this book that’s about horses (I work at a library) and as I was reading the back page I got a huge warm tingly boop on the back of my head where N had been trying to get my attention and it was like she was letting me know that she wanted to read this book. I started reading the book during my lunch break and it felt like my whole entire body was vibrating and fuzzy and warm, N was so happy to be reading with me, especially a book about horses. Does this ever happen to anyone else??
N sounds absolutely adorable! I love that they read with you. I haven't read with anyone and hadn't thought of it until I read this so thank you for sharing...will be trying it to see if there are any takers.

“Being normal is vastly overrated.” 1d

Return to “Spirit Keeping”