So I sent my friend to get me some red candles for a ritual...

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:Adding: I picked the color teal for our wedding color, and The Fiancée had no clue what I was talking about. Zero. None. My maid of honor offered, “You know the color the Miami Dolphins wear? That.” THEN he got it, lol.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Salmon is pink and orange, so I'd say it's close enough to red to be acceptable. In addition, never second guess your spirit communication. If you think they said it was fine, they probably did. As others have said, repeating the bonding ritual won't hurt anything at all. I've done CH's welcoming invocations a couple of times for various spirits. The repetition seems to do no more than help strengthen the bond and reinforce your intent.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

In terms of colors: I always go by association, and that association can be common and societal or it can be entirely personal. Common associations for red include: passion, war, stopping something (like a stop sign) and fire. Common associations for pink include: love (of all kinds!,) romance, peace, healing, care, innocence and femininity. Your associations may be different. If you feel generally positive about the color salmon generally--independently of your worries for this specific ritual--then you're doing fine. :)

When it comes to candles, tea candles are fine. The reason people use the chime/spell candles is generally twofold. You can carve on them and you can anoint them with spell oils. Both can be viewed as extras if you wish. That's the main reason you don't see tea candles used stereotypically. Lots of people do use them! Especially people with cats (which tends to take in a lot of Bastet devotees.)

AlexCzernosech
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 57
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: I have a few names ;D
Zodiac:

The candles that a conjurer tells you to use are guidelines and based on preferences at best; they will often also tell you that white candles are acceptable substitute for all colors if you don't have the right color on hand. (which, from an artistic standpoint, is a little silly because colors in light don't work the same as pigments: white light is a combination of all lights [which is why you can get white from red, green, and blue LEDs], and black is an absence of light of course, but white pigment is absence of any other hues and black is a combination of all colors... or at least that gnarly brown when you've overmixed colors trying to get the right shade and you've thoroughly given up on how much of what you're adding anymore... where was I going with this?)

The type of candle, as others have said, isn't too important either. The small 'chime' candles are great if you need to do a quick ritual and don't want to wait half the day for it to burn all the way through, and similar with tea lights. Anything larger than that, and you'll want to either be comfortable with snuffing it out and reusing it (for the same or different purpose), or sitting around for a while until it's done. Having a large dedicated 'bonding candle' for a regular bonding schedule isn't a bad idea, actually...

46 CH Spirits/Entities; 33 non-CH Spirits/Entities, and work with various other self-bound and unbound beings.
Jimy
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 8192
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sexual entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Free
My magical/paranormal name...: parajimy maybe
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:
Turns out the candles he got weren't technically "red".
There’s the problem, lol. “He” got candles. My friends and I have a running joke about how the women and gay guys in our crowd see all the varying hues of the rainbow, and know the names for them all, but the straight-guy hubbies in our bunch see a color palate akin to the eight-crayon Crayola box.
Oh come on, I'm not gay! Even though I see all varying hues of colors and am very picky about them!
I've choicen even dresses for my ex-girlfriends, without asking them (I like to shop them stuff and see them happy hehe) and they liked them! And they have told me many times I have taste! And I'm not gay! :D

As for the candles... I would say, if you are still so uncomfortable about the candles, or unsure, then maybe you may rather choice to go with that negative feeling into a ritual and rather pick yourself what you feel is right, before doing it.

A male chatting with his succubus:
- You know, you are ridiculously attractive for a devil woman.
- I know, but thanks for saying so. Devil women have feelings too!
- Are you ... going to kill me?...
- Yes... but you'll enjoy it!
- ... ok!
Jimy
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Jimy wrote:
Likes2Read wrote:
There’s the problem, lol. “He” got candles. My friends and I have a running joke about how the women and gay guys in our crowd see all the varying hues of the rainbow, and know the names for them all, but the straight-guy hubbies in our bunch see a color palate akin to the eight-crayon Crayola box.
Oh come on, I'm not gay! Even though I see all varying hues of colors and am very picky about them!
I've choicen even dresses for my ex-girlfriends, without asking them (I like to shop them stuff and see them happy hehe) and they liked them! And they have told me many times I have taste! And I'm not gay! :D

Btw, designing is partially part of my job and in private I'm also an artist, so maybe that explains it :D

As for the candles... I would say, if you are still so uncomfortable about the candles, or unsure, then maybe you may rather choice to go with that negative feeling into a ritual and rather pick yourself what you feel is right, before doing it.

- ... ok!
Jimy
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I meant to NOT go with a negative feeling in a ritual .... why I cannot edit in this forum, like in others?

I thought I were editing, now my other edits are in the quote in the previous post. Sigh.

- ... ok!
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Zodiac:

Jimy wrote:
Likes2Read wrote:

I would expect the folks here, including the straight guys, to be more likely than average person to know things like different color names. We have a lot of folks who are artistic, who are explorers, and who are avid learners. But I suspect the late-night comedy hosts could make a skit out of those candid “person on the street” interviews where they ask people what color something is, and tally the number of answers like “blue”, “pink”, “green” vs. “dellarobia blue”, “dusty rose”, “hunter green”, and so on. ;)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote: There’s the problem, lol. “He” got candles. My friends and I have a running joke about how the women and gay guys in our crowd see all the varying hues of the rainbow, and know the names for them all, but the straight-guy hubbies in our bunch see a color palate akin to the eight-crayon Crayola box.
Scientifically speaking men aren't born with subtle shade recognition. I learned that in the past but never thought there was much truth to it, or if there was I didn't think it was very extreme in difference.

I'm not sure if the Male eye can learn to recognize and memorize those shades, as I placed my salmon candle next to my brush which had a much darker red (the shade I was looking for) and my friend said they looked exactly the same despite the clear difference. I also don't think sexuality plays much a role in detecting shades, but again I'm not sure if the Male eye can be trained to recognize subtle differences. Straight or othereise.

Guess it's a matter of opinion vs fact?
I dunno.

Alys-RaccoonReadings wrote:That's the main reason you don't see tea candles used stereotypically. Lots of people do use them! Especially people with cats (which tends to take in a lot of Bastet devotees.)
You reminded me of this...

Just sayin'. It makes tea candles look SO much more fancy.
Last edited by Muse on Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote:
Just sayin'. It makes tea candles look SO much more fancy.
Everything's fancier with kittehs!!!!

Return to “Spirit Keeping”