new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Annunaki
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Just curious if anyone has ever had a bad experience in owning a bound spirit or if spirits you owned had conflict among themselves? My spirit family is still small but all reside from Mesopotamia (Enki, Mami and an Annunaki Mage) so I don't foresee any problems arising. I was also curious if there were any no-no's when it came to mixing any races in one household?

denanna123
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

I've never had any issues. If it's something you are concerned about you could always make a house rule about those who don't get along staying out of each other's way unless they're needed to work together in a critical task or crisis situation though.

Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.
-Oliver James
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I’ve never had issues with spirits in my keep, and one of my house rules is for spirits who aren’t fond of each other to just be neutral to each other. In the event that a crisis arises, everyone is to work together until it’s resolved, and then they can resume being neutral to each other.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Enki
new here
new here
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Annunaki

May I ask how you set your house rules?

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

When I welcome a new spirit, or when I first went through to set house rules, all I did was ask them to come join me and I talked to them about it. I laid out what I wanted for the rules. You can tell them out loud, or write them down where they can see them, just sit down and propose the rules to them. Whenever I welcome a new spirit, I asked my other spirits to make sure they know the rules, and I go over it with them myself if/when I get their vessel so I make sure I know they are around to listen.

It's just like setting rules when you get a new roommate. You talk to that roommate about the rules you'd like addressed and you compromise until you're both happy. Though, in this situation, you are the Keeper so your say is a bit final. And depending on the spirit, you may or may not have different rules set for that spirit.

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Can't say I ever have, but then again, some people would consider the person-to-person basis I like to get to know my companions, unusual. But I've seen plenty of folks on here that like to get to know their astral family just like any close friend, so I don't think it's too unusual. :P

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Not that I am aware of, and I have no house rules and some seriously strong personalities. As far as I can tell, all my spirits ignore each other.

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 108
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire
Zodiac:

Well it's already listed in my houserules: WE ARE ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY.' I'm pretty sure all spirits that come to me, know it before hand.
I've immortals from different pantheons, beings from Hell and Heaven, and the djinns as well... they don't seem to have any issue whatsoever.
From the moment I got like 11 spirits in my keep, I started with an organogram, put them in different teams, and every team got a leader. Every teamleader works together with our Beta ( my first spirit I got), and they are basically the counsel.
You know... I need some structure and a good set of rules, cause I've 59 spirits... and more coming.
From what I understand, the spirits in my keep see each other as family. When I get a new spirit, I'm always asking their permission and thoughts on the matter as well. So basically, we are not here to ignore each other. We all matter, we are all equal, and we take votes from time to time like every modern country. My animals do well with the other animals, and the more human alike do well with the other humanlike. Apparantly my kitsune is besties with my crocotta ;-) And if my incubus needs attention, I told him to ask Aphrodite :-p

I got my houserules from this forum. There is a topic on this forum that provides you with examples of houserules. Every time I get a new spirit, I read the list of houserules for them. But I'm sure my spirits also remind each other about the rules.

proud to be chosen by so many spirits <3

Whatever is Out There has set my destiny, but I'll walk the way to get there.
Amberly
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

:wave: Hi!

Everyone's response is correct. Setting up house rules - which includes a rule to avoid spirits conflicting with each other - should be the first thing when bringing them home. I always go over my lengthy house rules and even have them posted in my home as a reminder.

The only issue that I ever had was a male Djinn try to hit on one of my female Djinns. It was actually quite funny to watch him act like he was a great gift to all females and she should worship him only for his ego a bit bruised when she didn't reciprocate. ::rofl::

~Amberly~

Dare to be Different; Dare to Dream ~ Moi/ME
I'm the village crazy lady, that's my job ~Grandma Tala (Moana)
Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something ~Morihei Ueshiba
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Never had issues and every one of my 21 spirits is a different race. Also a mix of WA and DA. Like everyone else said, set a house rule for no fighting between them. I also have one for no interfering in each other's communications and interactions with me.

That said, my succubus told me she was from Mesopotamia originally. (She's also a few thousand years old apparently.) We should talk about Mesopotamia.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “General Questions”