You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 42
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: NannaDee
Zodiac:

I had the 'Anything in your Blood' reading done quite some time ago and with it I chose to have 3 of my ancestor spirits bound. One of those ancestors was a first generation half Human half Troll. She's always been pretty quiet up 'til now, but tonight for some reason she was feeling chatty!

Me: So 'J', what was it like for you growing up?

'J': It was not always easy, I didn't feel like I belonged anywhere. I was much bigger and rougher looking than all of the humans, but I was considered puny by Troll standards.

Me: That must have been hard.

'J' It was, but at least I had my siblings to bolster me. They were the only ones around who understood what it was like.

Me: How many siblings did you have?

'J': Ten, six males and four females. I was the seventh sibling, the third female.

Me: Wow! That's a pretty big family! Were you all hybrids?

'J': No. My first two siblings, both Male, were pure Troll. The rest of us were all half Human, but not from the same human.

Me: Really? So how many humans did your mother breed with?

'J' Breed? You make it sound like Mother was one of your friend's pedigreed show dogs! She was married seven times and she loved each of her husbands.

Me: Sorry! I didn't mean to be offensive. I just wasn't sure how to phrase the question. So why was she married so many times than?

'J' A human's lifespan is much shorter than a Troll's, especially back in those days. Many of Mother's husbands met with untimely ends, my own father included.

Me: I'm sorry 'J'. If it's too difficult to talk about you Father we can change the subject?

'J': No. I'm done now. We can talk again another time my Dear.

Me: Okay. Thanks for sharing this with me 'J'.

Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for.
-Oliver James
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

It is always interesting to talk to ancestors. Even more so when they have more perspectives than just the humans’!

divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hello,
Interesting coversations.

Artemisia
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Wow! This is really interesting! : D opens up a whole new world of possibilities that I haven't even thought about : D

I hope you continue to share more of your experiences here! ; D

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Very nice! I haven't attempted to bond with my AIYB ancestor spirits yet and they haven't stepped forward. I suspect they are still getting to know my keep and all. One of mine is a half human half troll too so this is very interesting. I've been drawn to this one in my thoughts sometimes, thinking about the same things "J" brought up with you - how the troll-human dynamic work in regards to relationships and all.

I've realized with these different races I also have a heavily influenced and tainted view because of fantasy influences (and my own writing). I constantly have to remind myself that fantasy tropes from games and books are not the same as the real versions of all these races.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Spirit Keeping”